Lethal injection execution drugs

For the most part I agree with you. There are cases where I feel it is warranted though. Dahmer is an example, and the Green River killer. There is NO DOUBT they are the killers. I would give them the trial they are due. I would pass sentence on them. They would then get a single appeal and that hearing would occur within one week, and pending the outcome of the appeal the sentence would be carried out the week after that.

Allowing capital cases to drag on for decades is simply retarded.

“So, now I’m speaking out for my friends, my family, for all the people who need me to tell my story. I was a Boy Scout, a postman…I was in the Air Force. If they could do it to me, they could do it anyone.”

I suggest you review the GRK case and Jeff Dahmer for what I mean by no doubt. When I say no doubt....I MEAN no doubt.

So you subscribe to the popular American belief; "It doesn't matter if a few slip thru the cracks [innocent people get execution-homicided by the state] as long as evil [Dahmer-ilk] are put to death"?

Last edited:
Is America any worse a place for not execution-homiciding heinous serial killer "BTK" in a death chamber?
Answer; no.

He was tried, convicted, sentenced to life without parole, locked up in a tiny cell for much of the day, never to be free again.
Growing slowly older day by day, until his life ends of natural causes in prison.
Hell on earth if you ask me.
"A fate worse than death".

It's the best way.

Is America any worse a place for not execution-homiciding heinous serial killer "BTK" in a death chamber?
Answer; no.

He was tried, convicted, sentenced to life without parole, locked up in a tiny cell for much of the day, never to be free again.
Growing slowly older day by day, until his life ends of natural causes in prison.

It's the best way.

I might just go along with that as long as he is shackled hands, and feet and made to do road work for 12 hours a day, everyday, until he keels over and dies removing dirt!

Answer; no.

It's the best way.

I might just go along with that as long as he is shackled hands, and feet and made to do road work for 12 hours a day, everyday, until he keels over and dies removing dirt!

Now, now...can't be torturing people to death...that's what the bad people do.
We are supposed to be good people...not torturers and cold-blooded killers of human beings in death chambers.

“So, now I’m speaking out for my friends, my family, for all the people who need me to tell my story. I was a Boy Scout, a postman…I was in the Air Force. If they could do it to me, they could do it anyone.”

I suggest you review the GRK case and Jeff Dahmer for what I mean by no doubt. When I say no doubt....I MEAN no doubt.

So you subscribe to the popular American belief; "It doesn't matter if a few slip thru the cracks [innocent people get execution-homicided by the state] as long as evil [Dahmer-ilk] are put to death"?

There is an interesting aspect to the Dahmer case. Apparently the media was satisfied that justice was served when Dahmer (who was alleged by the media to be racist) was beaten to death by a crazy (black) inmate. Apparently there was no call for an investigation as to how the hell Dahmer could end up in an isolated area in the prison weight room with a maniac who may have read the news feeds. The other inmate's fate remains undetermined.

Answer; no.

It's the best way.

We are supposed to be good people...not torturers and cold-blooded killers of human beings in death chambers.

What one may call torture, another may call PUNISHMENT for a heinous crime!....After all, I've come around from giving the perp to a dozen men with bats for an hour, in a closed room! ....Don't liberals call this MIDDLE GROUND?:D

No shortage of it I'd assume. Probably tons of medical research about lethal dosages too. Get the person's body weight, past usage if any, come up with some number then triple it. :)
As I recall there is a book published by the Hemlock Society, a pro-euthanasia organization, which provides this kind of information. But who would be using the information? Prison officials? One would think if these people were capable of understanding and making proper use of the information they wouldn't be working in a prison.

Simplest methods are best. Gunshot to the head works (mostly, repeat as needed.)

I'd personally prefer going back to the guillotine if only so we can hook up electrodes to see how long perception and consciousness continues when our head comes away from our bodies. Haven't you ever wondered? :)

Simplest methods are best. Gunshot to the head works (mostly, repeat as needed.)

I'd personally prefer going back to the guillotine if only so we can hook up electrodes to see how long perception and consciousness continues when our head comes away from our bodies. Haven't you ever wondered? :)

From an old college professor almost 50 years ago, you still have consciousness for about 15 seconds before the lack of blood supply ends thinking!

With recent 'failures' of lethal injection drugs I began wondering what method(s) were used in animal euthansia. Reading around, the general consensus seems to be ketamine (sedative, also drug of course in human surgeries,) and then,

"Staying with your animal companion while he or she is gently “put to sleep” with an injection of sodium pentobarbital into a vein in the leg can be a great comfort to the animal."
Euthanasia: The Compassionate Option | Companion Animal Factsheets | Companion Animals | The Issues | PETA

If even PETA suggests this method for animals, then why don't we use for executing humans instead of these 'hard to find suppliers for' exotic cocktails?

I'd actually be fine with conscious skinning alive by dull carrot peeler, but I'm not usually consulted. But so long as the 'comfort' of the one being executed (boggle) is of concern why not just use the same thing we use on our beloved pets?

Death by lethal injection is a stupid sop to ignorant bleeding hearts!

Do away with them and replace them with truly effective ways such as beheading or firing squads. Cheap, fast, and quite effective.

Ask ISIL.

Yes. I have. It is a morbid thought but one can't help wondering how long the brain remains consciously aware of what has just happened.

But beyond that curiosity I think it would be a very good idea to construct a guillotine on Pennsylvania Avenue.

Death by lethal injection is a stupid sop to ignorant bleeding hearts!

Do away with them and replace them with truly effective ways such as beheading or firing squads. Cheap, fast, and quite effective.
I agree. With the proviso that the subject of a death penalty has committed a cruel and unmerciful murder and deserves to be shot to death while fully conscious and aware.

What one may call torture, another may call PUNISHMENT for a heinous crime!....After all, I've come around from giving the perp to a dozen men with bats for an hour, in a closed room! ....Don't liberals call this MIDDLE GROUND?:D

Lots of innocent people in prison.
The men with bats could well be killing one of your family one day.

Shocking Number Of Innocent People Sentenced To Death, Study Finds

Shocking Number Of Innocent People Sentenced To Death, Study Finds

More than 4 percent of inmates sentenced to death in the United States are probably innocent,
according to a study published Monday that sent shock waves across the anti-death penalty community.

What the researchers call a "conservative estimate" about the number of wrongfully convicted death row inmates is more than double the percentage of capital defendants who were exonerated during more than three decades that were studied. That means innocent people are languishing behind bars, according to the study.

“The great majority of innocent people who are sentenced to death are never identified and freed," said Samuel Gross, lead author of the study and a University of Michigan Law School professor, in a statement. "The purpose of our study is to account for the innocent defendants who are not exonerated."

Forum List

Back