Lethal injection execution drugs

It's amazing to me that you think that makes some sort of point.

I thought you guys were the ones who were supposed to mistrust the government and believe in personal responsibility and freedom?

In all honesty, if the guy is a murderer, either shot him in the head if you feel guilty about cruel and unusual treatment, or give him to the family of the person he killed for an hour! The scumbag deserves NO EASY WAY OUT! Actually should film the bastard being beaten to death, and send that around to all high schools to play for the students...after all, they've seen worse in recent movies, just preface it that this is for real! Something like the old SCARED STRAIGHT programs!

I don't "feel guilty" about capital punishment.

I don't trust the government enough to willingly give them the legal right to kill me. It's that simple.

Fine, then put him in a room with 8 guys with bats, and let THEM do the job! I'm sure 8 guys could be found that would do it to any murderer.

In all honesty, if the guy is a murderer, either shot him in the head if you feel guilty about cruel and unusual treatment, or give him to the family of the person he killed for an hour! The scumbag deserves NO EASY WAY OUT! Actually should film the bastard being beaten to death, and send that around to all high schools to play for the students...after all, they've seen worse in recent movies, just preface it that this is for real! Something like the old SCARED STRAIGHT programs!

I don't trust the government enough to willingly give them the legal right to kill me. It's that simple.

For the most part I agree with you. There are cases where I feel it is warranted though. Dahmer is an example, and the Green River killer. There is NO DOUBT they are the killers. I would give them the trial they are due. I would pass sentence on them. They would then get a single appeal and that hearing would occur within one week, and pending the outcome of the appeal the sentence would be carried out the week after that.

Allowing capital cases to drag on for decades is simply retarded.

This is the thing - I believe there are crimes that warrant death. There are people that deserve to die.

But I can't feel comfortable with the government making that call.

Fine, then put him in a room with 8 guys with bats, and let THEM do the job! I'm sure 8 guys could be found that would do it to any murderer.

I trust 8 random guys even less than I trust the government.

Then it sounds like you have a psychological problem. You should see a doctor about that condition.

Then it sounds like you have a psychological problem. You should see a doctor about that condition.

Actually, from where I'm sitting, the people who spend all day talking about how incompetent the government is, yet still feel the government should be allowed to kill its citizens are the ones with the psychological problems.

Actually, from where I'm sitting, the people who spend all day talking about how incompetent the government is, yet still feel the government should be allowed to kill its citizens are the ones with the psychological problems.

We talk about the Federal Gov't mostly, murders are usually a STATE matter. There is usually a difference...except in Blue states where they cry over cop killers, and baby abusers!

For the most part I agree with you. There are cases where I feel it is warranted though. Dahmer is an example, and the Green River killer. There is NO DOUBT they are the killers. I would give them the trial they are due. I would pass sentence on them. They would then get a single appeal and that hearing would occur within one week, and pending the outcome of the appeal the sentence would be carried out the week after that.

Unless of course it's you or yours on death row awaiting the day you or yours will be 'dragged' from your cell for extermination.

There was 'no doubt' Ray Krone was guilty [according to the govt man] ..."The Snaggle Tooth killer", he was tried, called a monster, convicted twice of murdering the woman, and sentenced to death...twice.

Ray's Story: A Death Penalty Mistake | Atlantic Philanthropies

“One time after my release, I was being interviewed, and so was my mom. I happened to pass the room in which the reporter was speaking with her. I heard my mom tell him, ‘Our family used to set a place at the table for Ray at every Thanksgiving and Christmas.’ To hear that, to think of what my mom went through, to hear her say, ‘We wondered what he was eating in prison,’ that helped me realise how I need to do this for her, for my sisters, for all the people who have sat in a courtroom and been told that they are guilty when they are not.

“There was the time when I was testifying on behalf of Witness to Innocence, and a prosecutor said to me, ‘You’ve been exonerated. They got the guy who did it. You’re out now. See: the system works.’ I said, ‘Tell my mom the system works.’ He didn’t ask any more questions.

“So, now I’m speaking out for my friends, my family, for all the people who need me to tell my story. I was a Boy Scout, a postman…I was in the Air Force. If they could do it to me, they could do it anyone.”

Last edited:

We talk about the Federal Gov't mostly, murders are usually a STATE matter. There is usually a difference...except in Blue states where they cry over cop killers, and baby abusers!

The fact that you think State governments are somehow better and more competent than the Federal Government is very amusing to me.

Trust the govt?
Trust the justice system?
Support death penalty?
Give the govt the right to execution-homicide me in a death chamber?

No thank you!

The Lindy Chamberlain (Dingo) Trial of 1981-82.

On August 17, 1980, at a campsite near Australia's famous Ayer's Rock [Uluru today], a mother's cry came out of the dark: "My God, my God, the dingo's got my baby!"
Soon the people of an entire continent would be choosing sides in a debate over whether the cry heard that night marked an astonishing and rare human fatality caused by Australia's wild dogs or was, rather, in the words of the man who would eventually prosecute her for murder, "a calculated, fanciful lie."
A jury of nine men and three women came to believe the latter story and convicted Lindy Chamberlain for the murder of her ten-week-old daughter, Azaria.

Three years later, while Lindy dealt with daily life in a Darwin prison, police investigating the death of a fallen climber discovered Azaria's matinee jacket near a dingo den, and the Australian public confronted the reality that its justice system had failed.
"A Cry in the Dark," a movie starring Meryl Streep, carried the story of Lindy's wrongful conviction across oceans. What went wrong?
Convictions of the innocent usually result from inaccurate eyewitness testimony (generally the least reliable evidence in a trial because of biases and the tricks of memory), but Lindy Chamberlain was convicted by flawed forensic evidence and by investigators and prosecutors unwilling to reconsider their assumptions in the face of contradictory evidence.

#####

Lindy would've been hanged...had bianco-ilk earlier not attacked the govt man with a fury rarely seen in protests these days...causing Australia's death penalty/death chambers to be abolised.

The death of Ronald Ryan - In Depth - theage.com.au

Public reaction to Ronald Ryan’s execution would lead to the end of capital punishment in Australia.

#####

The Cross and the noose lead the protest parade.
Women didn't march in things like this in those days...it was "men's business".

We also realised that if the govt could do it to him, it could do it to us just as easily.

"Stuff that tripe, we'd better hurry up and take the right to kill us in death chambers away from the govt".
Which we did.

Just put in secure prisons those who would otherwise be sentenced to death.
If mistakes have been made, as with Lindy, the convicteds can be released from prison and paid compensation.

Last edited:
The death penalty and all death chambers must be abolished as soon as possible.

Injustice...it can happen to you and yours...believe it.

It happened to Ray Krone, Sabrina Butler, Lindy Chamberlain, and countless others...you and yours could well be next.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/jun/12/dingo-baby-azaria-lindy-chamberlain

There had always been a sense of unreality in the conviction of Lindy Chamberlain, a Seventh-day Adventist pastor's wife and respected member of the community, for cutting the throat of her nine-week-old baby. To this day, nobody has ever advanced a plausible motive.

After Chamberlain's conviction, there were other instances of dingo attacks on children – including the fatal mauling of nine-year-old Clinton Gage on Queensland's Fraser Island in 2001 – and they provided the critical circumstantial evidence needed to end the Azaria mystery.

The aftermath of the case brought introspection among Australians.
There always was objective evidence of a dingo attack: a growl heard by other campers at Uluru shortly before Lindy Chamberlain raised the alarm; paw prints at the doorway of the tent; drag marks in the sand; canine hairs in the tent; and, of course, Lindy's own evidence that she had seen a dingo leave the tent.

The Chamberlains' religion was poorly understood and ugly rumours started about the sort of things Seventh-day Adventists did.

Last edited:
I raised a dog from a very young puppy. When my dog got old he developed arthritis. I came home one day and he was laying on the floor in the middle of the living room on his side crying, stiff and clearly in agony. The vet said he would have good days, but would never recover and only get worse. There was no way I would hand him off to a stranger. I held him in my arms and petted and stroked him until he was very relaxed. The vet pulled out a paw and my friend was injected. The life went out of him in 5 seconds. He didn't twitch or moan. His life was just gone. He didn't even close his eyes. He exhaled and it was over. This was 25 years ago and I remember it like it was 15 minutes ago.

If it works on a dog, why not a murderer? The reason is doctors are in the business of saving lives, not ending them. They have to be made aware of the suffering.

These right wingers will say, "What about a doctor that preforms abortions". Many times, abortion is about ending suffering. Ending a woman's agony at being forced to carry her rapists child. Keeping a family out of poverty and keeping the entire family from suffering with an unwanted mouth to feed. It could even save a baby from being abused. Saving the life of the mother.

Doctors are in the business of hawking drugs from Big Pharma. Any noble intentions went to hell in a hulahoop long ago.

The drugs that were used in the past to administer the death penalty were the same that veterinarians used. Then death penalty opponents persuaded the drug companies not to supply prisons with those drugs. The ones used now are not as effective. The death penalty opponents think that if they can make the death penalty gruesome enough, there will be an end to the death penalty.

As long as they are dead, it doesn't matter.

No shortage of it I'd assume. Probably tons of medical research about lethal dosages too. Get the person's body weight, past usage if any, come up with some number then triple it. :)

We have a way to put people "under" for all sorts of medical procedures bringing the
patient close to the edge if you will...Why would it be a problem to just put some one under and then go way past that...

Another problem I have with this is we have beem using lethal injection.
We didn't just start.
Why now are they having a problem.

Have the Libs forced states to not use what they have been using because of
cruel and unusual punishment...If so look what has been created in it's place.

With recent 'failures' of lethal injection drugs I began wondering what method(s) were used in animal euthansia. Reading around, the general consensus seems to be ketamine (sedative, also drug of course in human surgeries,) and then,

"Staying with your animal companion while he or she is gently “put to sleep” with an injection of sodium pentobarbital into a vein in the leg can be a great comfort to the animal."
Euthanasia: The Compassionate Option | Companion Animal Factsheets | Companion Animals | The Issues | PETA

If even PETA suggests this method for animals, then why don't we use for executing humans instead of these 'hard to find suppliers for' exotic cocktails?

I'd actually be fine with conscious skinning alive by dull carrot peeler, but I'm not usually consulted. But so long as the 'comfort' of the one being executed (boggle) is of concern why not just use the same thing we use on our beloved pets?

Why not just become civilised and abolish the death chambers altogether.

Dear [MENTION=44974]bianco[/MENTION] and [MENTION=46449]Delta4Embassy[/MENTION]
with the same amount of effort it would take to reach a consensus on methods,
people could work out more effective means of prevention, treatment and correction
to criminal issues that otherwise lead to capital crime and punishment.

Here is a letter I just published in the Houston Chronicle:

Thursday letters: Death penalty, immigration, marijuana - Houston Chronicle

(in response to two articles before and after the sentencing of Harlem Lewis III
Jury to weigh cop killer's fate in death penalty trial - Houston Chronicle
Jury sentences Bellaire cop killer to death - Houston Chronicle)

Since this young man's half-brother is an active Veteran who took a leave from military duty to come testify on his behalf, maybe the military could explore building prisons to reinforce the border and provide for an alternative deportation program for lifelong restitution to work off debts to crime victims and society instead of adding to the burden on taxpayers:

Earned Amnesty

The drugs that were used in the past to administer the death penalty were the same that veterinarians used. Then death penalty opponents persuaded the drug companies not to supply prisons with those drugs. The ones used now are not as effective. The death penalty opponents think that if they can make the death penalty gruesome enough, there will be an end to the death penalty.

As long as they are dead, it doesn't matter.

It matters to many people.

With recent 'failures' of lethal injection drugs I began wondering what method(s) were used in animal euthansia. Reading around, the general consensus seems to be ketamine (sedative, also drug of course in human surgeries,) and then,

"Staying with your animal companion while he or she is gently “put to sleep” with an injection of sodium pentobarbital into a vein in the leg can be a great comfort to the animal."
Euthanasia: The Compassionate Option | Companion Animal Factsheets | Companion Animals | The Issues | PETA

If even PETA suggests this method for animals, then why don't we use for executing humans instead of these 'hard to find suppliers for' exotic cocktails?

I'd actually be fine with conscious skinning alive by dull carrot peeler, but I'm not usually consulted. But so long as the 'comfort' of the one being executed (boggle) is of concern why not just use the same thing we use on our beloved pets?

Why not just become civilised and abolish the death chambers altogether.

Dear [MENTION=44974]bianco[/MENTION] and [MENTION=46449]Delta4Embassy[/MENTION]
with the same amount of effort it would take to reach a consensus on methods,
people could work out more effective means of prevention, treatment and correction
to criminal issues that otherwise lead to capital crime and punishment.

Here is a letter I just published in the Houston Chronicle:

Thursday letters: Death penalty, immigration, marijuana - Houston Chronicle

(in response to two articles before and after the sentencing of Harlem Lewis III
Jury to weigh cop killer's fate in death penalty trial - Houston Chronicle
Jury sentences Bellaire cop killer to death - Houston Chronicle)

Since this young man's half-brother is an active Veteran who took a leave from military duty to come testify on his behalf, maybe the military could explore building prisons to reinforce the border and provide for an alternative deportation program for lifelong restitution to work off debts to crime victims and society instead of adding to the burden on taxpayers:

Earned Amnesty

Seems the pro-DP lot are not interested in any of your suggestions...they like the idea of the state killing convicteds in death chambers.

ttp://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...p-killer-s-fate-in-death-penalty-5651403.php

Martin and attorney Tyronne Moncriffe asked jurors to sentence Lewis to life in prison without parole.

"Killing puts a stain on you," Moncriffe told jurors. He said Lewis would always carry that stain and implored jurors to think deeply about their decision. "You don't have to put that stain on yourself."

#####

The pro-DP lot simply don't get it.

So the anti-DP brigade will just have to keep on trying to sway public opinion, as it will only be public opinion that will see the states one by one abolish their death chambers and their extermination of human beings in them.

As many as 100 inmates on death row in California, out of the 700+ who'll be 'dragged' from their cells and put to death as soon as the green light is given...could be innocent.
Statistics show.

Unless of course it's you or yours on death row awaiting the day you or yours will be 'dragged' from your cell for extermination.

There was 'no doubt' Ray Krone was guilty [according to the govt man] ..."The Snaggle Tooth killer", he was tried, called a monster, convicted twice of murdering the woman, and sentenced to death...twice.

Ray's Story: A Death Penalty Mistake | Atlantic Philanthropies

“One time after my release, I was being interviewed, and so was my mom. I happened to pass the room in which the reporter was speaking with her. I heard my mom tell him, ‘Our family used to set a place at the table for Ray at every Thanksgiving and Christmas.’ To hear that, to think of what my mom went through, to hear her say, ‘We wondered what he was eating in prison,’ that helped me realise how I need to do this for her, for my sisters, for all the people who have sat in a courtroom and been told that they are guilty when they are not.

“There was the time when I was testifying on behalf of Witness to Innocence, and a prosecutor said to me, ‘You’ve been exonerated. They got the guy who did it. You’re out now. See: the system works.’ I said, ‘Tell my mom the system works.’ He didn’t ask any more questions.

“So, now I’m speaking out for my friends, my family, for all the people who need me to tell my story. I was a Boy Scout, a postman…I was in the Air Force. If they could do it to me, they could do it anyone.”

I suggest you review the GRK case and Jeff Dahmer for what I mean by no doubt. When I say no doubt....I MEAN no doubt.

How easy can you make it and still not offend left wing sensibilities? It depends on your point of view doesn't it? Nobody mourned the quickie trial and immediate execution of Nazi war criminals even though some of the hangings didn't go too well. Some people demonstrated at serial killer Ted Bundy's execution by electrocution but generally there was no media complaint. Mad bomber Tim McVeigh was arrested, tried and executed in a record 7 years and most people thought he got off'ed to easy.

Forum List

Back