Let us never forget that on this day Americans died for freedom....

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
....when General Washington was defeated at the Battle of Brandywine in 1777. Though less than a decade later the Annapolis Convention began in 1786, and would eventually call for a Constitutional Convention to replace the Articles of Confederation. Eventually, the song that would become our national anthem, the Star Spangled Banner, would preface a baseball game for the very first time. Brave American patriots once again proved their mettle half the globe away when they marched on occupied Luxembourg in 1944, inspiring the the locals to take up arms themselves and fight against the Nazis, and ultimately securing the tiny nation's liberation. And you know, for all our ugly moments a fellow named Thurgood became the first black person to be appointed to the Supreme Court in 1964. All on this day, the 11th day of September.

The fact of the matter is that America is a great country. We always have been, we always will be just as long as we remember the strength and courage of the American spirit, which derives from the principle that all people are created with an equal right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We're not perfect, and there's alot of work that needs to be done. Alot of ugliness that needs to be curbed, and alot of hatred that needs to be healed. But you'll never hear me say we need to be made great "again." And you'll never see me sitting on my ass when it's time to sing.

....when General Washington was defeated at the Battle of Brandywine in 1777. Though less than a decade later the Annapolis Convention began in 1786, and would eventually call for a Constitutional Convention to replace the Articles of Confederation. Eventually, the song that would become our national anthem, the Star Spangled Banner, would preface a baseball game for the very first time. Brave American patriots once again proved their mettle half the globe away when they marched on occupied Luxembourg in 1944, inspiring the the locals to take up arms themselves and fight against the Nazis, and ultimately securing the tiny nation's liberation. And you know, for all our ugly moments a fellow named Thurgood became the first black person to be appointed to the Supreme Court in 1964. All on this day, the 11th day of September.

The fact of the matter is that America is a great country. We always have been, we always will be just as long as we remember the strength and courage of the American spirit, which derives from the principle that all people are created with an equal right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We're not perfect, and there's alot of work that needs to be done. Alot of ugliness that needs to be curbed, and alot of hatred that needs to be healed. But you'll never hear me say we need to be made great "again." And you'll never see me sitting on my ass when it's time to sing.

as a new yorker, i'm going to tell you... no one died for freedom on 9/11. they died from terrorism. the first responders were not "fighting for freedom", they were simply saving lives....which is more than enough reason for any person to be deemed a hero.

• Banned

as a new yorker, i'm going to tell you... no one died for freedom on 9/11. they died from terrorism. the first responders were not "fighting for freedom", they were simply saving lives....which is more than enough reason for any person to be deemed a hero.

Oh Jillian, did you even read the post? I didn't say anything about that horrible terrorist attack in 2001.

Good post. And God, that girl could sing! Thank you.

the sentiment in your post is great, wouldn't it be great if the were the prevailing sentiment in the country? Isn't that exactly what we are talking about when we say "make America great again?" Everything you have posted is true and has not changed. What has changed is the rhetoric from the liberals and mostly the democrat party.

Think back 30 years after the malaise of Jimmy Carter. Reagan restored the vision of America. There was never once a doubt in my mind of Reagan's love for the US. THAT is what needs to be restored. THAT is what I think it means to make America great again. It isn't about jobs, or handouts, or wars, or anything other than believing and doing the right thing, the best to our ability.

• Banned

Good post. And God, that girl could sing! Thank you.

Thank you. And yes, Houston was a one of a kind talent. So powerful. If you can't feel patriotic when you hear her sing the anthem, you gotta be dead.

the sentiment in your post is great, wouldn't it be great if the were the prevailing sentiment in the country? Isn't that exactly what we are talking about when we say "make America great again?" Everything you have posted is true and has not changed. What has changed is the rhetoric from the liberals and mostly the democrat party.

Think back 30 years after the malaise of Jimmy Carter. Reagan restored the vision of America. There was never once a doubt in my mind of Reagan's love for the US. THAT is what needs to be restored. THAT is what I think it means to make America great again. It isn't about jobs, or handouts, or wars, or anything other than believing and doing the right thing, the best to our ability.

I think it IS the prevailing sentiment among Democrats, Freewill. The problem is, you needed to interpret the OP in a polarized light despite every attempt NOT to write a polarized OP. Try letting go for just one minute and thinking like an American, not a Republican. Do ya good.

I think it IS the prevailing sentiment among Democrats, Freewill. The problem is, you needed to interpret the OP in a polarized light despite every attempt NOT to write a polarized OP. Try letting go for just one minute and thinking like an American, not a Republican. Do ya good.

Once again, I am not a registered Republican. How about you? I suspect your registration has a big D on it.

If you were alive during Reagan what exactly do you disagree with what I posted?

Carter, was a miserable failure.

Clinton lied under oath, lied to you and me, sullying the presidentcy.

Bush 1, well we did read his lips.

Bush 2, do I need to say anything?

Obama? Has set race relations back to the 60s. So much potential so little accomplished.

Reagan, restored America.

Once again, I am not a registered Republican. How about you? I suspect your registration has a big D on it.

If you were alive during Reagan what exactly do you disagree with what I posted?

Carter, was a miserable failure.

Clinton lied under oath, lied to you and me, sullying the presidentcy.

Bush 1, well we did read his lips.

Bush 2, do I need to say anything?

Obama? Has set race relations back to the 60s. So much potential so little accomplished.

Reagan, restored America.

My registration has a big "I" on it, and always has. My disagreement isn't with your particular political remarks. I already said what I meant and I'm not going to repeat it, because apparently it hit deaf ears.

It's funny to watch you constantly make an ass out of yourself :lmao:

She really stepped in it there, eh? :lol:

She really stepped in it there, eh? :lol:

Not really. With a thread title like that there is no way any rational person wouldn't draw the comparison. I'd say the title of that thread on 9/11 is a tad inappropriate.

Not really. With a thread title like that there is no way any rational person wouldn't draw the comparison. I'd say the title of that thread on 9/11 is a tad inappropriate.

Sure there is. Step one: Read the OP.

Oh Jillian, did you even read the post? I didn't say anything about that horrible terrorist attack in 2001.

why would i read your post when the title was what it was....

you associated today with "dying for freedom".

that's your problem.

why would i read your post when the title was what it was....

Because if you're going to repudiate what someone says, you must first know what they have said. I guess your news consumption ends at the headlines, eh?

i think that's you looking in the mirror.

damn you wingers are getting more and more pathetic as the orange bigoted fascist becomes crazier and crazier

Forum List

Back