Leg cramps at night.

Table salt kills more people than cigarettes
^
That's complete bullshit.
Says the moron who puts salt on his fries and calls it health food. You need a good slab of bacon in the face

CyNO.gif
Shit my head hurts now

^
Says the moron who puts salt on his fries and calls it health food. You need a good slab of bacon in the face

CyNO.gif
Shit my head hurts now
Perhaps you are suffering from a sodium deficiency (hyponatremia). That can definitely cause a headache, because it will interfere with the proper functioning of the sodium-potassium ion pumps on your brain's cell membranes, thus making them swell up. And since your brain is almost entirely enclosed by your braincase (cranium), that can cause excessive intercranial pressure, thus giving you a headache.

You need a good slab of bacon in your face. I recommend that you go have a BLT and some salty fries.

Last edited:
^

CyNO.gif
Shit my head hurts now
Perhaps you are suffering from a sodium deficiency (hyponatremia). That can definitely cause a headache, because it will interfere with the proper functioning of the sodium-potassium ion pumps on your brain's cell membranes, thus making them swell up. And since your brain is almost entirely enclosed by your braincase (cranium), that can cause excessive intercranial pressure, thus giving you a headache.

I recommend that you go have a BLT and some salty fries.
Just had some no fat low sodium cottage cheese and pineapple. Enjoy your booger king fries doofy

Every fucking night, I get awakened by EXCRUCIATING leg cramps. And I mean EXCRUCIATING. I can feel my calf muscle in one long hard knot, and when I wake up to bend over to rub it or kick it back where it belongs, I get a damn cramp in my side. Blood tests show I am not lacking in magnesium or calcium, but I ordered some anyway from amazon. ACK! That shit is EXPENSIVE! But I did it anyway. This has GOT to stop. As you can see, it is a bit after 5am. I've been up since 3:35am due to that damn cramp and now my leg is sore. So I took a flexirel and an advil, so although no pain, its sore if I massage my leg.

Did some leg exercise to stretch the muscle and now I am browsing for an exercise bike. Stationary. Foldable. I read at the Mayo Clinin website that a bike will help relieve cramps, and it mostly comes from age if other problems are not suspect.

Anyone here get these damn cramps too? Do you think a bike would help? What do you do to get a restful night and not wake up from pain that makes you want to hobble to your roof and throw yourself off? LOL

Anyway..I have this in my cart on Amazon. Havent ordered it yet. Not sure if the damn thing will work for what I want it for.

XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike, Silver, 31.5L x 18W x 45.3H in.
Visit the XTERRA Fitness Store
4.6 out of 5 stars 10,746 ratings

| 421 answered questions

Amazon'sChoicefor Exercise Bikes by XTERRA Fitness

Price:$131.07 FREE One-Day & FREE Returns

BrandXTERRA Fitness
ColorSilver
Item Dimensions LxWxH31.89 x 18.1 x 43.3 inches
Item Weight32 Pounds
Number of Resistance Levels8
About this item
  • Solid X-Frame Design with Thick Steal Tubing | 3-piece pedal crank for added durability
  • Product dimensions – 31.89” L x 18.1” W x 43.3” H | Folded dimensions – 18.1” L x 18.1” W x 50.79” H | Weight – 32 lbs. | Weight limit – 225 lbs. | Flywheel weight system – 3.3 lbs. | Resistance levels – 8 | Comfortably fits most users from 4’10” to 5’10” tall"
  • Large anatomically designed seat and multi-grip padded handlebars are designed for long lasting comfort and support
  • 8 levels of manual resistance are easily controlled through the large Dial tension knob for users of all fitness levels
  • 2" x 1" LCD window is easy to read with all the necessary information - clearly displays speed, distance, time, calories, and pulse

Amazon product

Drink liquids with electrolytes. Have bananas for potassium, as potassium is the most recommended food for leg cramps and exercise regularly.
My significant other suffers excruciating leg cramps, but hers are cause by a medication she has to take, so the MD's prescribe a muscle relaxer and valium. This minimizes it to some degree, but barely a night goes by without some discomfort for her.

Every fucking night, I get awakened by EXCRUCIATING leg cramps. And I mean EXCRUCIATING. I can feel my calf muscle in one long hard knot, and when I wake up to bend over to rub it or kick it back where it belongs, I get a damn cramp in my side. Blood tests show I am not lacking in magnesium or calcium, but I ordered some anyway from amazon. ACK! That shit is EXPENSIVE! But I did it anyway. This has GOT to stop. As you can see, it is a bit after 5am. I've been up since 3:35am due to that damn cramp and now my leg is sore. So I took a flexirel and an advil, so although no pain, its sore if I massage my leg.

Did some leg exercise to stretch the muscle and now I am browsing for an exercise bike. Stationary. Foldable. I read at the Mayo Clinin website that a bike will help relieve cramps, and it mostly comes from age if other problems are not suspect.

Anyone here get these damn cramps too? Do you think a bike would help? What do you do to get a restful night and not wake up from pain that makes you want to hobble to your roof and throw yourself off? LOL

Anyway..I have this in my cart on Amazon. Havent ordered it yet. Not sure if the damn thing will work for what I want it for.

| 421 answered questions

BrandXTERRA Fitness
ColorSilver
Item Weight32 Pounds
About this item
  • Solid X-Frame Design with Thick Steal Tubing | 3-piece pedal crank for added durability
  • Product dimensions – 31.89” L x 18.1” W x 43.3” H | Folded dimensions – 18.1” L x 18.1” W x 50.79” H | Weight – 32 lbs. | Weight limit – 225 lbs. | Flywheel weight system – 3.3 lbs. | Resistance levels – 8 | Comfortably fits most users from 4’10” to 5’10” tall"
  • Large anatomically designed seat and multi-grip padded handlebars are designed for long lasting comfort and support
  • 8 levels of manual resistance are easily controlled through the large Dial tension knob for users of all fitness levels
  • 2" x 1" LCD window is easy to read with all the necessary information - clearly displays speed, distance, time, calories, and pulse

Amazon product

If you've not done it yet have an MRI on your lumbar performed.
Given you're not low on the salts (although a couple of bananas a day won't hurt)
You're not dehydrated or other obvious physiological issue,
The problem likely is structural in nature.
An inversion table may help. <$200 for a good one on Amazon.
Elevate your legs if you sleep on your back.
Counterintuitive I know but elevating your legs will stretch the back muscles and can provide some relief.

One more thing...

Investigate RLS.
It will cause your legs to do some weird shit.

LuckyDuck What about one of those leg thingies....you wrap your legs in them and the inflate, deflate, inflate, deflate.....all night long. They use them in hospitals to stop blood clots I think. But blood passing thru her legs regularly as she sleeps MIGHT help? I bought mine on Amazon. I think for about 75 bucks...but not sure. Been awhile.

| 421 answered questions

BrandXTERRA Fitness
ColorSilver
Item Weight32 Pounds
About this item

Amazon product

Given you're not low on the salts (although a couple of bananas a day won't hurt)
Counterintuitive I know but elevating your legs will stretch the back muscles and can provide some relief.

One more thing...

Investigate RLS.

I have RLS. As I stated above a few posts...I take Ropinerole for it. For years, I was miserable. Now? No problems. And no bad side effects either.

| 421 answered questions

BrandXTERRA Fitness
ColorSilver
Item Weight32 Pounds
About this item

Amazon product

One more thing...

Investigate RLS.

I have RLS. As I stated above a few posts...I take Ropinerole for it. For years, I was miserable. Now? No problems. And no bad side effects either.

Excellent!
Then I think the MRI is the best next course.
Possible nerve damage or some other undiagnosed malady
but eliminating a structural issue should be the next step.

I have similar problem, plenty of water, bananas and potatoes with skins…
The recumbent bike causes most of my problem

| 421 answered questions

BrandXTERRA Fitness
ColorSilver
Item Weight32 Pounds
About this item

Amazon product

Hydration and masterbation are the best methods to alleviate cramps

pickle juice also works

Dadoalex
I have a bulging disc in my lower back they found when they did the MRI. They wanted to do surgery and I said HAYELL no. Too many nerves they can hit and then I'd wind up in a wheel chair. No fucking thanks. I will deal with the numb toes, lower back ache that is a constant pain, and do what Granny did. Live with it.

Good friend and ex boss of mine, now deceased, was a doctor. He had back surgery done on him. He was hunched over like a sidewise L, and said he wished he never had it done. Gonna follow his idea and decline it like he wished he did.

| 421 answered questions

BrandXTERRA Fitness
ColorSilver
Item Weight32 Pounds
About this item

Amazon product

Potassium deficiency...Eat a banana or take potassium pills.

A medium sized banana contains 422 milligrams of potassium and 14 grams of sugar.

A medium sized potato contains 897 milligrams of potassium and a mere 1.7 grams of sugar.

A potato has over twice as much potassium than a banana and several times less sugar than a banana.

And those typical over the counter potassium supplement pills... they're just a scam. They contain less than 100 mg of potassium. A practically insignificant amount. You would have to take a handful of those nasty outrageously expensive things to get the same amount of potassium that's in a potato.

Sure, a medical doctor may have a nurse give you a potassium supplement in an emergency life-threatening situation, but they will also keep you under close observation in a medical facility and keep taking blood tests several times a day to monitor your serum potassium level.

^

CyNO.gif
Shit my head hurts now

You need a good slab of bacon in your face. I recommend that you go have a BLT and some salty fries.

Most people eat way too much salt because it is in almost everything.
What salt does that is bad is cause the blood vessels to contract, thus raising blood pressure.

{...
Over time, excessive salt intake can lead to high blood pressure (hypertension), which stiffens and narrows the blood vessels. Blood and oxygen flow to key organs decreases. So the heart tries harder to pump blood throughout the body, which further increases blood pressure.
...}

| 421 answered questions

BrandXTERRA Fitness
ColorSilver
Item Weight32 Pounds
About this item

Amazon product

Potassium deficiency...Eat a banana or take potassium pills.

A medium sized banana contains 422 milligrams of potassium and 14 grams of sugar.

A medium sized potato contains 897 milligrams of potassium and a mere 1.7 grams of sugar.

A potato has over twice as much potassium than a banana and several times less sugar than a banana.

And those typical over the counter potassium supplement pills... they're just a scam. They contain less than 100 mg of potassium. A practically insignificant amount. You would have to take a handful of those nasty outrageously expensive things to get the same amount of potassium that's in a potato.

Sure, a medical doctor may have a nurse give you a potassium supplement in an emergency life-threatening situation, but they will also keep you under close observation in a medical facility and keep taking blood tests several times a day to monitor your serum potassium level.

The nasty store bought pills cleared up a case of gout I once had post haste.

In any event, potassium is the element that will clear up those nasty nighttime leg cramps.

Give this a try.....
Might not work for you but......
Nearly 3,000 positive reviews on Amazon

LEGO-2.5ZCarton-Tube_R003_c1ea3393-50fd-4f71-ac19-7ff31ddb518e.png

I use that, and their restless leg stuff too. It's the only thing I've found that works.

Diet and exercise do work as well but I don't care about that when I wake up in the middle of the night with knotted up muscles.

Once a charley horse has set in, the only thing I can do is have my husband hold my leg and foot so that the muscle is stretched as far as I can get it, then grit my teeth and wait for it to give up.

Holding it stiff is bad because it prevent circulation.
Pump the leg back and forth will increase the circulation and neutralize the temporary imbalance.

Forum List

Back