Leftwing Media Try to Block OANN from White House Briefing Room

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
"OANN has most recently been the victim of blatant viewpoint discrimination at the hands of the leftwing White House Correspondents Association (WHCA), which arbitrarily voted on April 1st to bar OANN’s White House correspondent Chanel Rion from the daily White House Coronavirus Task Force press briefings. Her “sin” was asking President Trump a question that hit too close to home, after various White House correspondents had used the race card against President Trump for calling the virus that originated in China the “Chinese virus.” At the March 19th briefing, after introducing the concern that “major left-wing media, even in this room, have teamed up with Chinese communist party narratives,” Rion asked President Trump to comment. “It amazes me when I read the things that I read,” President Trump replied. "

snip...

"he leftwing media retaliated against OANN’s White House correspondent for speaking truth to power. First, an anonymous note was left on Rion’s desk asking her whether she thought her question was helpful in halting the spread of the coronavirus. Three days later, the White House Correspondents Association mandated that the seat assigned to OANN since 2017, which for years was shared by only one other news organization, now accommodate five networks, including Al Jazeera. OANN’s seat was singled out for such treatment. On March 23rd, OANN was placed in the “supplemental Seat Rotation,” a shared seat with a total of 10 media outlets. OANN for all intents and purposes lost any reasonable opportunity to participate in the briefings as a result of the WHCA’s discriminatory edict. When OANN managed to secure an invitation from the White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham for Rion to stand in the back of the briefing room, the White House Correspondents Association dropped the hammer and sought to close the briefing room door to OANN altogether.

You Proglodytes are the biggest hypocrites in the world.

"OANN has most recently been the victim of blatant viewpoint discrimination at the hands of the leftwing White House Correspondents Association (WHCA), which arbitrarily voted on April 1st to bar OANN’s White House correspondent Chanel Rion from the daily White House Coronavirus Task Force press briefings. Her “sin” was asking President Trump a question that hit too close to home, after various White House correspondents had used the race card against President Trump for calling the virus that originated in China the “Chinese virus.” At the March 19th briefing, after introducing the concern that “major left-wing media, even in this room, have teamed up with Chinese communist party narratives,” Rion asked President Trump to comment. “It amazes me when I read the things that I read,” President Trump replied. "

snip...

"he leftwing media retaliated against OANN’s White House correspondent for speaking truth to power. First, an anonymous note was left on Rion’s desk asking her whether she thought her question was helpful in halting the spread of the coronavirus. Three days later, the White House Correspondents Association mandated that the seat assigned to OANN since 2017, which for years was shared by only one other news organization, now accommodate five networks, including Al Jazeera. OANN’s seat was singled out for such treatment. On March 23rd, OANN was placed in the “supplemental Seat Rotation,” a shared seat with a total of 10 media outlets. OANN for all intents and purposes lost any reasonable opportunity to participate in the briefings as a result of the WHCA’s discriminatory edict. When OANN managed to secure an invitation from the White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham for Rion to stand in the back of the briefing room, the White House Correspondents Association dropped the hammer and sought to close the briefing room door to OANN altogether.

I'd have banned her too. Just for terminal stupidity. But it looks like she wanted to buy into the right wing mantra that this wasn't a big deal.
White House Correspondents’ Association boots OAN from briefing rotation

snip...

I'd have banned her too. Just for terminal stupidity. But it looks like she wanted to buy into the right wing mantra that this wasn't a big deal.
republicans are left wing not right wing,,,common mistake among kool ade drinkers,,,

snip...

She must have been right on target.... to get this type of coordinated response from the China propaganda arm..

snip...

Can't Trump just tell them to SEAT HER ?

snip...

republicans are left wing not right wing,,,common mistake among kool ade drinkers,,,

OAN represents the rightest of the alt-right. She violated rules of spacing and they booted her for it.
I'd have booted her just because she represents a bunch of alt-right trolls. No reason to legitimize OAN.

snip...

Says jackofnobrains

She was voted to banned for appearing in the white briefing two days in row when it was clearly stated that there was a rotation in place.

That rotation was for the safety of the all White House staff including the president.

snip...

Oann is a known conspiracy theory site.

What's next, the national enquirer getting press credentials?

snip...

OAN represents the rightest of the alt-right. She violated rules of spacing and they booted her for it.
I'd have booted her just because she represents a bunch of alt-right trolls. No reason to legitimize OAN.
the alt right is an imaginary thing invented by mentally ill progressives,,,and republicans are on the left,,just not as far left as dems,,,

and of course she needs a good spanking for what she did,,,

snip...

He can suggest, even ask or plead. But the ultimate arbiter of seating still belongs to the White House Correspondents Association.

Honestly, this is a failure to follow rules infraction. Doesn't Breitbart and a few other right wing media sources have seats in the room?
They can follow rules. Why can't she?

snip...

Poor kid. Fascist much?

snip...

I wouldn't have let you kid.

snip...

He can suggest, even ask or plead. But the ultimate arbiter of seating still belongs to the White House Correspondents Association.

Honestly, this is a failure to follow rules infraction. Doesn't Breitbart and a few other right wing media sources have seats in the room?
They can follow rules. Why can't she?

Easy fix, EO dismantling it.

snip...

Poor kid. Fascist much?

Cry me a river...of alt-right tears. Follow the rules set down. I'm setting aside her agenda, or her inane questions, or the fact that she works for a troll organization.
That's not facist (might want to familiarize yourself with the term).

snip...

It's not like we haven't been calling flues, or plagues from their origination over the last several thousand years. We had the American Plague, London Plague, Asian Flu, Spanish Flu, German Measles, West Nile Virus, Japanese Encephalitis, Ebola Virus, Lyme Disease and Guinea Worm. For some reason now it is not politically correct, it is now racist. So now we need to go back in history and rename all the racist diseases.

You gotta be kidding. Is there really an association of White House reporters who get to vote on who gets into the White House like some perverted frat house? President Trump should kick the entire association off the property that belongs to us.
The only entity that ought to be kicked off of our property is the OAN network that makes a mockery of the institution of journalism.

I don't want my tax dollars going to that garbage.

snip...

Poor kid. Fascist much?

Cry me a river...of alt-right tears. Follow the rules set down. I'm setting aside her agenda, or her inane questions, or the fact that she works for a troll organization.
That's not facist (might want to familiarize yourself with the term).

So you're so entrenched in this false binary system they've shoved you into you can't see straight.
No ideology is black and white, the Left however simply chooses a definition which supports their desire to tar and feather other ideologies as being "true" and "correct".

Here is a page that isn't ill informed as you are son, it presents an unbiased look at the ideology and realizes that all ideologies can and do incorporate facets of many OTHER ideologies to get whatever outcome they desire. You're probably one of those who claims the Nazi's weren't "socialists". You're welcome. Maybe one day you will awaken rom your slumber.

"
  1. The primacy of the group. Supporting the group feels more important than maintaining either individual or universal rights.
  2. Believing that one's group is a victim. This justifies any behavior against the group's enemies.
  3. The belief that individualism and liberalism enable dangerous decadence and have a negative effect on the group.
  4. A strong sense of community or brotherhood. This brotherhood's "unity and purity are forged by common conviction, if possible, or by exclusionary violence if necessary."
  5. Individual self-esteem is tied up in the grandeur of the group. Paxton called this an "enhanced sense of identity and belonging."

snip...

It's not like we haven't been calling flues, or plagues from their origination over the last several thousand years. We had the American Plague, London Plague, Asian Flu, Spanish Flu, German Measles, West Nile Virus, Japanese Encephalitis, Ebola Virus, Lyme Disease and Guinea Worm. For some reason now it is not politically correct, it is now racist. So now we need to go back in history and rename all the racist diseases.
Spanish Flu didn't come from Spain and was blamed on Spain as propaganda...

German Measles is actually called Rubella today and was called German because Germany was the first to identify it.

Ebola was named 38 years ago after a river.

Thing is this virus has a name... it is COVID-19 (while cornavirus is used it is a more general term). Calling it the Chinese virus is fundamentally wrong as that is not its name.

Why do some keep calling it that? Just to piss of China, I don't think it is racist, just a term to cause division and to deflect from the piss poor job the White house has done containing it. This could just as easily be called The Trump Virus in US.

So do you want all the right leaning calling it Chinese virus, left leaning people calling Trump Virus OR just call it COVID-19 (or Coronavirus) which we have been calling for the last 3 months.
What is the motive now to rename the virus that the world already has a name for?
Is this about solving the problem or playing politics?

Forum List

Back