Leftist slams former Ex-Rep Gov & UN Ambassador Nikki Haley for allegedly changing her first name. Only one problem..........well, maybe two.

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
First, Nikki is her given name. It is actually Indian and on her birth certificate.

Second, this clown WHO CHANGED HER PUERTO RICAN NAME TO "SUNNY" tried to slam Haley when she had no clue it was her real name.

The icing on the cake is when "Whoopi" shut down the entire conversation in a hurry. Could it be because her real first name is 'Caryn"? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Leftists have been exposing their hypocrisy at a record pace the past few weeks, and I'm LMFAO.

'The View' host Sunny Hostin blasted for claiming Nikki Haley uses fake name to hide Indian heritage​

Twitter users ripped into ABC’s "The View" co-host Sunny Hostin for calling former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley a "chameleon" for not going by her first name.

Hostin implied that the former diplomat was self-conscious over her Indian ethnicity so she changed her name, although "Nikki" is her middle name and she's gone by it since childhood. But even her co-hosts disagreed with the sentiment, as did conservatives on Twitter who accused Hostin of being prejudiced.

Hostin’s controversial statements came in response to co-host Alyssa Farah Griffin remarking on who she thought would be a great GOP candidate for the 2024 presidential election. "I think we’ve got some if they’re willing to challenge Trump," she started, adding, "I’d love to see Nikki Haley, I’d love to see Liz Cheney…"

Interrupting her, Hostin claimed, "And Nikki Haley the chameleon, and Liz Cheney who’s now the savior of …" but Farah Griffin tried to wrestle back the conversation, stating, "I think Nikki Haley was an incredibly effective governor."

Though Hostin fixated on the former diplomat’s name, asking, "What is her real name again?" Tensing up, Farah Griffin shot back, "A lot of people don’t go by their actual real names." The co-host attempted to recall Haley’s original first name but couldn’t remember it. Hostin kept picking at the topic.

"You know, I think if she leaned into being someone of color," Hostin continued before getting lost in the cross chatter.

Later in the conversation, Griffin stuck up for Haley once more, stating, "So Nikki Haley’s gone by Nikki since she was a child. It’s documented in high school. I wouldn’t be shocked if somebody, an Indian woman growing up in South Carolina at that time, she actually did to avoid prejudice." She added, "So I just want to be careful about critiquing her for going by a name she has always gone by."

Hostin was not finished. She claimed, "Yes, there are some of us that can be chameleons and decide not to embrace our ethnicities, so that we can pass …" Frustrated with Hostin’s rant, co-host Sara Haines, exclaimed, "Sunny, you go by a different name!" Hostin, whose real name is Asunción Cummings Hostin, justified her own nickname, stating, "Yes, most Americans can’t pronounce Asunción because of the under-education in our country."

Goldberg, whose real name in Caryn Johnson, abruptly ended the conversation there.

You know, even though I don't really know much about Nikki Haley, nor do I really care about her, it's STUPID for Sunny Hostin to attack her for using her middle name. In the South, a LOT of people (both male and female) go by their middle names, especially in cases where 2 members of the same family have the same first name. I know that my fiancee's son goes by "Connor", even though his given first name is "Michael". He uses his given first name only for legal stuff, and when he has to, otherwise, he's Connor.

I remember the first time he gave me his phone number and told me not to think I'd gotten the wrong number if he answered "Michael", as that is what he's known by at work.......he told me that if he didn't recognize the number calling him, he went with his legal first name. If it was a family member or a number he knew, he'd answer "Connor". I really don't see what all the outrage is about, other than yet another idiot (and yes, they exist on both sides of the fence) feigning outrage over something fairly insignificant.

And yeah, Sunny Hostin doesn't use her real first name either, it's "Ascencion", which could be translated to sunrise in English (she's of PR descent), and I could see why she shortened it to Sunny. (Or, maybe she was afraid that someone would shorten her name to "Ass").

If people want to get their feathers ruffled about something, how's about stuff of real importance, and not what a person uses as a name?

I know that I was called mainly by my nickname of "Smurf" during damn near my whole career in the Navy, and when I was living in Amarillo, everyone knew me by the nickname "Squid" (was the only active duty Navy person who hung around the biker community). Matter of fact, in Amarillo, very few people knew my first name of Robert, since everyone called me Squid. If someone mentioned "Robert" when talking about me to them, they asked who that was.

You know, even though I don't really know much about Nikki Haley, nor do I really care about her, it's STUPID for Sunny Hostin to attack her for using her middle name. In the South, a LOT of people (both male and female) go by their middle names, especially in cases where 2 members of the same family have the same first name. I know that my fiancee's son goes by "Connor", even though his given first name is "Michael". He uses his given first name only for legal stuff, and when he has to, otherwise, he's Connor.

I remember the first time he gave me his phone number and told me not to think I'd gotten the wrong number if he answered "Michael", as that is what he's known by at work.......he told me that if he didn't recognize the number calling him, he went with his legal first name. If it was a family member or a number he knew, he'd answer "Connor". I really don't see what all the outrage is about, other than yet another idiot (and yes, they exist on both sides of the fence) feigning outrage over something fairly insignificant.

And yeah, Sunny Hostin doesn't use her real first name either, it's "Ascencion", which could be translated to sunrise in English (she's of PR descent), and I could see why she shortened it to Sunny. (Or, maybe she was afraid that someone would shorten her name to "Ass").

If people want to get their feathers ruffled about something, how's about stuff of real importance, and not what a person uses as a name?

I know that I was called mainly by my nickname of "Smurf" during damn near my whole career in the Navy, and when I was living in Amarillo, everyone knew me by the nickname "Squid" (was the only active duty Navy person who hung around the biker community). Matter of fact, in Amarillo, very few people knew my first name of Robert, since everyone called me Squid. If someone mentioned "Robert" when talking about me to them, they asked who that was.

Her real first name is "Asuncion"

There is no translation to anything. Only thing I could find it that it is the name of the Capital in Paraguay.

Her last name is "Cummings", not "Hostin", so she is a complete fraud who questions why others change their name when they haven't.

Exactly.

I go by my middle name because my first name - Flip - is an old family tradition for males of the Flops family. My mom called me Seymour after an old joke about a naked lady looking for her dog, and because she didn't want to males answering everytime she yelled, "hey, Flip!"

I wish I could say that was the dumbest moment ever on the few, but unfortunately there are several that top it.

Nikki Haley fires back at Sunny Hostin over 'racist' comment on The View: 'Thanks for your concern'

During a discussion on potential 2024 presidential candidates that could face off against President Biden, Alyssa Farah Griffin listed Haley as a possible opponent, calling her an "incredibly effective governor in South Carolina."

Hostin interjected and described Haley as a "chameleon" before asking, "what is her real name again?" Griffin replied there are a lot of people in media and the U.S. that do not go by the exact name assigned to them at birth, as the women began talking over each other.

"I think if she leaned into being someone of color, this would be different," Hostin continued. "There's some of us that can be chameleons and decide not to embrace our ethnicity so that we can pass, that we don’t have to go by—"

Co-host Sara Haines then jumped in, pointing out that Hostin herself doesn’t go by her real name, which is actually Asunción Cummings "Sunny" Hostin. She is not the only woman on the ABC News show that goes by a nickname. Whoopi Goldberg’s real name is Caryn Johnson.

The exchange quickly made waves on social media, with many expressing outrage at Hostin’s comments and labeling them "racist."

Haley appeared to agreee.

"Thanks for your concern, Sunny," Haley wrote on Twitter. "It's racist of you to judge my name. Nikki is an Indian name and is on my birth certificate – and I'm proud of that. What's sad is the left's hypocrisy towards conservative minorities. By the way, last I checked Sunny isn't your birth name."

TheReaper says: Here we go again, the racism of the Left is accepted by the Left, which they constantly decry non-existent racism that they accuse Trump and Republicans of. Its so played man.

First, Nikki is her given name. It is actually Indian and on her birth certificate.

Second, this clown WHO CHANGED HER PUERTO RICAN NAME TO "SUNNY" tried to slam Haley when she had no clue it was her real name.

The icing on the cake is when "Whoopi" shut down the entire conversation in a hurry. Could it be because her real first name is 'Caryn"? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Leftists have been exposing their hypocrisy at a record pace the past few weeks, and I'm LMFAO.

'The View' host Sunny Hostin blasted for claiming Nikki Haley uses fake name to hide Indian heritage​

Twitter users ripped into ABC’s "The View" co-host Sunny Hostin for calling former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley a "chameleon" for not going by her first name.

Hostin implied that the former diplomat was self-conscious over her Indian ethnicity so she changed her name, although "Nikki" is her middle name and she's gone by it since childhood. But even her co-hosts disagreed with the sentiment, as did conservatives on Twitter who accused Hostin of being prejudiced.

Hostin’s controversial statements came in response to co-host Alyssa Farah Griffin remarking on who she thought would be a great GOP candidate for the 2024 presidential election. "I think we’ve got some if they’re willing to challenge Trump," she started, adding, "I’d love to see Nikki Haley, I’d love to see Liz Cheney…"

Interrupting her, Hostin claimed, "And Nikki Haley the chameleon, and Liz Cheney who’s now the savior of …" but Farah Griffin tried to wrestle back the conversation, stating, "I think Nikki Haley was an incredibly effective governor."

Though Hostin fixated on the former diplomat’s name, asking, "What is her real name again?" Tensing up, Farah Griffin shot back, "A lot of people don’t go by their actual real names." The co-host attempted to recall Haley’s original first name but couldn’t remember it. Hostin kept picking at the topic.

"You know, I think if she leaned into being someone of color," Hostin continued before getting lost in the cross chatter.

Later in the conversation, Griffin stuck up for Haley once more, stating, "So Nikki Haley’s gone by Nikki since she was a child. It’s documented in high school. I wouldn’t be shocked if somebody, an Indian woman growing up in South Carolina at that time, she actually did to avoid prejudice." She added, "So I just want to be careful about critiquing her for going by a name she has always gone by."

Hostin was not finished. She claimed, "Yes, there are some of us that can be chameleons and decide not to embrace our ethnicities, so that we can pass …" Frustrated with Hostin’s rant, co-host Sara Haines, exclaimed, "Sunny, you go by a different name!" Hostin, whose real name is Asunción Cummings Hostin, justified her own nickname, stating, "Yes, most Americans can’t pronounce Asunción because of the under-education in our country."

Goldberg, whose real name in Caryn Johnson, abruptly ended the conversation there.

Forum List

Back