Learning plumbing online!? Recommendation

Andylusion

Gold Member
Reaction score
So I been intrigued about leering a trade,, and want to take a plumbing class, but I have no schools near me, but their is online courses. Any recommendations??
Well.... so this is just my opinion....

Most trades are about 75% experience of doing, and 25% knowledge learned.

Meaning, you'll get far more, and learn faster, if you can join an apprenticeship.

I went to a school for a trade, and I was consistently 100% top student A+, never missed a single question on a single test.

I also was the absolute worst student in the class at actually doing the work. No skill whatsoever at doing the job, but I knew the answer to every question, and knew everything there was to know about the trade.

Trades are better learned by doing it, rather than head knowledge. Now if you already are pretty handy at pipe-fitting, and you are just looking for that best practices, then scout around for local state colleges. There are usually some with trade classes. Teaching you best practices, and building codes, is very important, and obviously useful to learn.

But if you actually want a ground up learning a trade, I believe most state pipe-fitting unions, have apprenticeship programs. Here in Ohio, I see them being advertised pretty regularly. Of course it means you have to spend a year or two working as some guys pet... and some guys are better at training people than others.... but that's honestly the best way to go in my opinion.

OP
Jitss617

Jitss617

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just wait until I find that school

Meaning what?
Ya know I’m looking for a plumbing school ...
Doesn’t seem like you’re really looking for a plumbing school.
Haha someone shitting their pants haha
You’ve been informed about places nearby where you could receive training if you were serious, but all you’ve done is bitch and moan about having to actually exert any effort to achieve what you claim to want. You’re just a lazy, worthless loser wasting peoples time.
Come on we know you are to scared to talk like this .. give it a rest tiny

Roy Batty

Gold Member
Reaction score
So I been intrigued about leering a trade,, and want to take a plumbing class, but I have no schools near me, but their is online courses. Any recommendations??
Well.... so this is just my opinion....

Most trades are about 75% experience of doing, and 25% knowledge learned.

Meaning, you'll get far more, and learn faster, if you can join an apprenticeship.

I went to a school for a trade, and I was consistently 100% top student A+, never missed a single question on a single test.

I also was the absolute worst student in the class at actually doing the work. No skill whatsoever at doing the job, but I knew the answer to every question, and knew everything there was to know about the trade.

Trades are better learned by doing it, rather than head knowledge. Now if you already are pretty handy at pipe-fitting, and you are just looking for that best practices, then scout around for local state colleges. There are usually some with trade classes. Teaching you best practices, and building codes, is very important, and obviously useful to learn.

But if you actually want a ground up learning a trade, I believe most state pipe-fitting unions, have apprenticeship programs. Here in Ohio, I see them being advertised pretty regularly. Of course it means you have to spend a year or two working as some guys pet... and some guys are better at training people than others.... but that's honestly the best way to go in my opinion.
Some guys pet?
You have a lot to learn about working practices!

OP
Jitss617

Jitss617

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got a buddy of mine that is unlicensed and has his own business.. he does very well

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Meaning what?
You’ve been informed about places nearby where you could receive training if you were serious, but all you’ve done is bitch and moan about having to actually exert any effort to achieve what you claim to want. You’re just a lazy, worthless loser wasting peoples time.

“Come to me!!!!!!”

OP
Jitss617

Jitss617

Platinum Member
Reaction score

“Come to me!!!!!!”
Oh I am.. I’m looking for that school now ,, hehehehe

luchitociencia

VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a buddy of mine that is unlicensed and has his own business.. he does very well
OK. OK.

This is it.

You just have come here to become the top poster of the month.

If your unlicensed friend has his own business and he is doing well, then what the hell are you doing here asking for advice?

Go and ask to your friend.

Sh*t...

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OK. OK.

This is it.

If your unlicensed friend has his own business and he is doing well, then what the hell are you doing here asking for advice?

Sh*t...

Everything that fool posts is an idiotic lie.

OP
Jitss617

Jitss617

Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK. OK.

This is it.

Sh*t...
Says the racist? Lol ok

thomosbaysore

Reaction score
When it comes to plumbing for home, you can never take anything lightly. Home plumbing services include fixing blocks and leakages, work to do with taps or sinks, toilet, and sanitary work, bathroom fittings or any other residential plumbing services associated with pipes, pumps or tanks. I myself use the services of guys from the Etobicoke Plumbing Services who work in Etobicoke and they have never let me down and constantly help me with their professionalism. They are just real geniuses in this field. I strongly recommend using their services.

Andylusion

Gold Member
Reaction score
I would also add, a lot of people try and go the quick-buck route, meaning they try and do the job fast, so they can do more jobs in a day, and thus earn more money.

That works only in the short term. In the long term, you'll end up worse off.

If you meet good tradesmen who charge a premium for their services, the reason they are able to earn a ton more money, for doing less overall work, is because they have gained a reputation for quality that puts them in demand.

But in order to get that reputation, you have be a man dedicated to quality. That means in the short term, you are going to slow down, and methodical check and double check your work, and put in the extra effect to make the job not only be done well, but make it look like.

People like that, when they pull a part out of a box, and find it's been sitting on the shelf for years, and extremely dusty, they take the time to clean it, before installing it, so that it looks perfect. That's how you end up with a reputation for quality, which leads to longer term success.

Quantity is never a good substitute for quality. Quality is King, in the long run.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List