Learning plumbing online!? Recommendation

82-DF3-EA0-2075-482-A-9296-63-EA649-C55-CA.jpg

From the picture.

Two valves are open, the middle between is closed and one end going nowhere.

What is the purpose for that middle pipe?
Without know what the piping system is hard to say. my best guess would be for future use.

I first thought exactly the same, but saw no place to continue a further installation.

The answer given by him it is for flushing must be the right one... he installed it... I can't argue about it... The guy knows his job... the installation is neat, pipes horizontal and vertical correct, well secured, clean welding work, valves properly color labeled, let me see... I have here one green sticker... OK... inspection passed by me on December 15, 2019... ha ha ha ha

I love when I see neat job like the one in the picture.
He cheated a little using the propress lol

From the picture.

Without know what the piping system is hard to say. my best guess would be for future use.

It’s just a basic reverse return heating system.
I'm more of a potable water plumber Cold, hot, and hot water return
Dq2NzoVTtknKTw0gFW6uXIknOJT4GfAGfT5xaZKRn1e3ilFZlIXafon84j4-mF-WoFYyLngv0_pdrMK3xUCu4Nf6tb59VVem1Z_L3EQ30gcout5lhyzaeY1L0PYLFx-uySrc-g2cIZ98iIMXll9kCSVvXLKLJgmfP1cjyjRfkAECCJBGL-cUMy_SOqZs8-PaGgXKeR62VNUBP0kjQzQ59brFgbC8OXK8aO135p-aHpmmOQF-7a61IZSTvURM4vpjjVRuBm69EQgAIN405fTf_9QS_dcE50NwsjdQOk14oO7amhpmgcx8BElxwqqUSGRzwmSNOOQo3EVT5e0IRnFf2VLkjx-4JpQBRd-VK1iRGzloLRbAsoO-uRdPb-8rd3NU5C0vvLErCgQsE6p3_QwGqg3x8ZU1-yREmjEhlWRSiE1qIOkoHa0HYQLoqNcj4TFxPazGhz14rdM1RyUl1Jbt2fZPmBtuNgiqc2uUBvVxWiYA1bBiLYTrkDObg4lGLS4MPJLoqXPlOFwY98Tqvz3B7EaCoTznJJBbFNCipo6ITNo-Kui7RnLe9uxP_NvG6OUAHOr9X4hZ5EsegQg5-GHzvk-xAUa5ULCpJT-8S5B5dU7t2hI-a_U95UHT0nyzcOewikVBTr9sF707ypdFGg1JEitjk3ZH4-aUZd6rWHlFYKTkPIFqieZPUw=w469-h625-no
Very neat work sir

From the picture.

It’s just a basic reverse return heating system.
I'm more of a potable water plumber Cold, hot, and hot water return
Dq2NzoVTtknKTw0gFW6uXIknOJT4GfAGfT5xaZKRn1e3ilFZlIXafon84j4-mF-WoFYyLngv0_pdrMK3xUCu4Nf6tb59VVem1Z_L3EQ30gcout5lhyzaeY1L0PYLFx-uySrc-g2cIZ98iIMXll9kCSVvXLKLJgmfP1cjyjRfkAECCJBGL-cUMy_SOqZs8-PaGgXKeR62VNUBP0kjQzQ59brFgbC8OXK8aO135p-aHpmmOQF-7a61IZSTvURM4vpjjVRuBm69EQgAIN405fTf_9QS_dcE50NwsjdQOk14oO7amhpmgcx8BElxwqqUSGRzwmSNOOQo3EVT5e0IRnFf2VLkjx-4JpQBRd-VK1iRGzloLRbAsoO-uRdPb-8rd3NU5C0vvLErCgQsE6p3_QwGqg3x8ZU1-yREmjEhlWRSiE1qIOkoHa0HYQLoqNcj4TFxPazGhz14rdM1RyUl1Jbt2fZPmBtuNgiqc2uUBvVxWiYA1bBiLYTrkDObg4lGLS4MPJLoqXPlOFwY98Tqvz3B7EaCoTznJJBbFNCipo6ITNo-Kui7RnLe9uxP_NvG6OUAHOr9X4hZ5EsegQg5-GHzvk-xAUa5ULCpJT-8S5B5dU7t2hI-a_U95UHT0nyzcOewikVBTr9sF707ypdFGg1JEitjk3ZH4-aUZd6rWHlFYKTkPIFqieZPUw=w469-h625-no
Very neat work sir
Thank you
Had to build the pad using about 16 bags of quickcret

From the picture.

I first thought exactly the same, but saw no place to continue a further installation.

The answer given by him it is for flushing must be the right one... he installed it... I can't argue about it... The guy knows his job... the installation is neat, pipes horizontal and vertical correct, well secured, clean welding work, valves properly color labeled, let me see... I have here one green sticker... OK... inspection passed by me on December 15, 2019... ha ha ha ha

We use propress for quick jobs. But be assured we do not use carbon steel for heating pipework anymore...if you drain a system for a while the carbon steel will rust internally... then we have a problem

From the picture.

We use propress for quick jobs. But be assured we do not use carbon steel for heating pipework anymore...if you drain a system for a while the carbon steel will rust internally... then we have a problem
carbon steel is as bad as Galvanize is. They need to outlaw that crap. Propress is great if you know what you are doing. If you don't file the edge that you cut you'll cut the rubber Oring in the fitting. and that really sucks when that happens lol

lol hey buddy liberty is great but if you don't know code you'll fail your inspection lose your job and where will you be then?
Don’t hire the guy? Lol hellooooooo that’s how America was founded and built off of reputation not government knowing if you know a Code or not lol

I’m glad your job is protected, because thousands of Americans are struggling because of the government over reach.

that’s all I’m saying their are people
With talent and want to do they jobs but don’t want to sit in a class room... what do we do with these talented people? Tell them to fcuk off?
You have codes because they have been tested and work, plumbing installed by code functions properly and you don't have future problems. You have handicap code for the safety of handicap people.
All things you can learn on the job
Absolutely, that's why I recommended that plumber union apprenticeship. You really thinking of being a plumber??? I thought you were my age. I've worked on cars, tanks, trucks, hydraulics, and weapons including live munitions, and yes, plumbing, but there is nothing I hate more than plumbing repair. I would rather be in hell with my back broke. Good luck to you, sir. I'll pay through the nose and consider it money well spent.
What do you recommend hvac?

Absolutely. HVAC manufacturing It's where I first go involved in welding, brazing, numeric controlled program and fab assembly. Enjoyed it till bad (crooked) management and Train sent company to bankruptcy back in 76. More management than Train, they just made a better product at a profit.

I understand your side or how training is important! But this country wasn’t built by people trained up to par with Bureaucratic standards.. millions of Americans took chances they had a skill they don’t wanna sit in classrooms they rather learn on the job, and millions are told no, it’s why kids are getting high, they been Shackled by regulations, laws, permits, housing standards, blah blah blah. There has to be a place Americans can go with their born giving gift to explore and practice like we used to in the streets of urban America.

America uses Universal codes. These are for a purpose.

I feel your posting is going into the twighlight zone mate.
And Americans have to sit in a class room to learn it? ....

Lazy POS.
...when are you going to say it my face ...a

The face you keep hidden at the fake address you never leave?
Come on down pussy ,, why you scared

I'm not deep in knowledge as you guys have in plumbing, I barely know residential plumbing work, that means my house, and my house.

But I can tell doing plumbing work is fun, like electric and any other trade.

I guess the secret for such great work of you is loving what you do.

Hope the OP understands how important training is. This is a part that can't be avoided.

If I was the OP, I would be asking more questions learning more each time. Today I have learned a lot just reading a few pages in this thread.

In my life, my true career has been loving what I was doing at work each time.

My experience with commercial plumbing has been in boiler rooms full of vapor everywhere because leaks in a pipe, dirty, with "corroded" corpses of dead rats around, trash everywhere, and using flash lights because most of the light fixtures were broken by drug addict guys living in the same basement.

I fast learned the system of those old boilers, which by the way were huge and I have no idea how they were put inside that room thru a 40" wide door which was reached using old metal stairs with a handle made with 1 1/4" black pipe.

My job was not to repair anything over there but finding tiers going to the upper floors, because from ten floor building, the tub of some apartments had problems of cold water coming from the hot line.

After understanding the circulation process of the hot water, I made a survey of the affected units, no problems with tub faucets causing any crossover, and finally went to the top floor, removed the ceiling tiles on the hallway and studied the pipe installation in that area.

It didn't cost me much to find the problem. That day I decided no to make a report for plumbers to fix it but I fix it by myself. This problem existed for more than 20 years since the construction of the building. I fixed it in half day work. Tell me about it.

Guys in my job looked at me smiling and happy about the fast solution for the problem. One of them told me: "Luchito, you are bad... man... you are bad..."

And this is for the OP.

Look, no matter what job you will choose for your future. You can keep one job all your life or you can change jobs from time to time. But you better prepare yourself and you must like what you do.

Don't look for how much a job pays, but look first for what kind of jobs you would like to do.

This is very important. Take the example of the poster who shows pictures of his work. His work is great, he acquired knowledge, his hands make wonderful things.

You can do the same and more. Review what you want in your life. Now you saw the pictures of what you can do being a plumber, which is not only using k1500 to clean up main pipes but also to make new installations, not only to replace a garbage disposal but to run pipes, gas, water inside and outside properties.

Is this is the trade you want to follow, stop making excuses, and start looking for a school or a business where you can learn the trade.

Life is one, please don't waste it, but become mature and strong enough to face the challenge. This is why I asked you before, if becoming a plumber is what you really want to do.

In my life. I have worked in several jobs, I have even worked as a disco manager once, I quit because can't handle loud music everyday except Thursdays. Not for me, thanks.

But each work I got, I did it giving my heart. I wanted to do it.

No problem what is your age, you can start your life as many times you want to.

Listen to the other guys who gave you advises and tips, they have experience, learn from them.

Last edited:
...when are you going to say it my face ...a

The bridge to Fantasy Land is out, fraud.
Just wait until I find that school

Meaning what?
Ya know I’m looking for a plumbing school maybe I might see you there hahaha

Meaning what?
Ya know I’m looking for a plumbing school ...

Doesn’t seem like you’re really looking for a plumbing school.

Meaning what?
Ya know I’m looking for a plumbing school ...

Doesn’t seem like you’re really looking for a plumbing school.
Haha someone shitting their pants haha

You’ve been informed about places nearby where you could receive training if you were serious, but all you’ve done is bitch and moan about having to actually exert any effort to achieve what you claim to want. You’re just a lazy, worthless loser wasting peoples time.

Forum List

Back