Latino Workers Replaced "Lazy" White and Non-Latino Counterparts, Lawsuit Says

Its refreshing to see anti-discrimination laws being applied equally for a change.

If that is truly the reason they were fired, because they weren't of a "preferred" race, then this is legit.
How odd to hear this view from you. I was under the impression that you think these type of laws were wrong and that employers should be able to hire whomever they please.

:confused:

Don't be confused ravi. I personally think affirimative action should be done away with but I also find it unfair that certain classes/groups/races of people can be protected in the eyes of the govt while other groups appear to go unprotected.

Either protect everyone the same or don't get involved at all, I prefer the latter but understand that in reality we do protect certain classes/groups/races and think that these protections should be applied to all groups not just certian ones.
That's simply untrue. The way the law is written is that you can't be discriminated because of race. White is also a "race" under this law.

Otherwise, this lawsuit would not have been brought.

How odd to hear this view from you. I was under the impression that you think these type of laws were wrong and that employers should be able to hire whomever they please.

:confused:

Don't be confused ravi. I personally think affirimative action should be done away with but I also find it unfair that certain classes/groups/races of people can be protected in the eyes of the govt while other groups appear to go unprotected.

Either protect everyone the same or don't get involved at all, I prefer the latter but understand that in reality we do protect certain classes/groups/races and think that these protections should be applied to all groups not just certian ones.
That's simply untrue. The way the law is written is that you can't be discriminated because of race. White is also a "race" under this law.

Otherwise, this lawsuit would not have been brought.

Which is why I said this was refreshing to see.

1000x500px-LL-e8e6f829_circular_argument.jpgmid.jpg

matthew said:
hi, you have received -14 reputation points from matthew.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Take you hats and stick them up your ass! That is all that needs to be side.

Regards,
matthew

note: This is an automated message.

lol!

As a beliver in the freedom of people to conduct their business as they see fit, this company should be able to hire anyone it wants. Just as any business has the right to NOT hire hispanics at all, and only hire white and non-hispanics if they wish to do so.
They don't have the right to hire illegal immigrants.

As a beliver in the freedom of people to conduct their business as they see fit, this company should be able to hire anyone it wants. Just as any business has the right to NOT hire hispanics at all, and only hire white and non-hispanics if they wish to do so.

So businesses should have the freedom to brake the law if they decide they don't think the law is fair.

Does that apply to individuals, too?

I'm more talking about the fact that discrimination against whites is actually being adressed for a change. Typically this type of discrimination is accepted and/or ignored.

Can you cite an example where it has been accepted and/or ignored?

From my personal life or in the news? Since its accepted and ignored it will probably be difficult to find a news story but I can try.

In my personal life I was denied a promotion and told so because of affirmative action quotas. Then I got myself fired for calling the people morons for passing me over to fill a quota...well I may have used more agressive language, certain words a female higher up might not like very much ;). (and now you know the motivation behind my dislike of affirmative action, aka institutional racism)

That company got what it deserved in the end though, it went bankrupt and Ames is no longer a retailer :)

Did you file a lawsuit for discrimination?

If not, then the only person ignoring it in your little 'anecdote' is you.

Fact, not opinion. :thup:

I agree they should be able to hire whomever they want. They however, do not have the right to slander non-Hispanics by saying they are lazy and firing employees for not being Hispanic.

Again, but you would have a problem with them not hiring whites because they are white and don't have a problem with them not hiring Hispanics because they are Hispanic? Interesting.

Again, but you would have a problem with them not hiring whites because they are white and don't have a problem with them not hiring Hispanics because they are Hispanic? Interesting.

I have a problem with all of the above. There is no scientific evidence linking capability with race.

Believe me, they have tried in the past to connect them but have failed miserably.

I know which is why I have a problem with any business discriminating solely because of someone's skin color there is no legitimate reason to not hire someone because of the color of their skin that is ridiculous.

they are fleeing right now because of the drug war...don't know though that it is so many Mexicans...the undereducated tend to go looking for better work opportunities..not because they don't like Mexico...doesn't seem like you have been to Mexico at all from your attitude.
I'd rather live in Mexico than the US midwest !

Bull shit, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Can you cite an example where it has been accepted and/or ignored?

From my personal life or in the news? Since its accepted and ignored it will probably be difficult to find a news story but I can try.

In my personal life I was denied a promotion and told so because of affirmative action quotas. Then I got myself fired for calling the people morons for passing me over to fill a quota...well I may have used more agressive language, certain words a female higher up might not like very much ;). (and now you know the motivation behind my dislike of affirmative action, aka institutional racism)

That company got what it deserved in the end though, it went bankrupt and Ames is no longer a retailer :)

I wanted too and tried to find a lawyer to take it on for me. If I could have got a pro-bono lawyer i would have but I couldn't even afford to pay a retainer for a bad lawyer, I'm not rich or middle class ;)

Last edited:
matthew said:
hi, you have received -14 reputation points from matthew.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Take you hats and stick them up your ass! That is all that needs to be side.

Regards,
matthew

note: This is an automated message.

lol!

what post was that for? I didn't see anything by you in here that deserved a neg and I'm the one your arguing with :lol:

I wanted too and tried to find a lawyer to take it on for me. If I could have got a pro-bono lawyer i would have but I couldn't even afford to pay a retainer for a bad lawyer, I'm not rich or middle class ;)

For the sake of argument let's assume I don't think you're full of shit. Why would you assume based on one incident that ignoring discrimination toward whites is 'typical'? I assume you're smart enough to know that generalizing based on one data point is beyond retarded, right?

I have a problem with all of the above. There is no scientific evidence linking capability with race.

Believe me, they have tried in the past to connect them but have failed miserably.
No, but there is evidence that immigrants work harder. Simply because they are hungrier.

Forum List

Back