Last night: Dante followed a suspicious acting youth and reproted him to authorities

Last night: Dante followed a suspicious acting youth and reproted him to authorities

Young guy was standing next to my nephew's motorcycle parked on street directly in front of my apt building. I was walking home with groceries and he seemed to hurry away (whatever that means) as I entered into crosswalk, a few houses down. Noticed he was acting suspicious, stood and watched him and then I saw him tag a few properties nearby. He did not see me watching him.

I saw my nephew coming out of the building and he laughed at my concern, but being a good citizen and neighborhood activist, I put groceries inside and rode one of my bikes, the beach cruiser bicycle, in the direction of the unsub, the perp, the little prick.

I saw what looked like him and got close, white kid with hoodie on and backpack...long story short, after reporting him and riding back home, I saw the real little bastard. He had long straight hair, looked to be latino, mid-late twenties, anarchist look about his dress, dressed in all black with backpack, cap on head, boots on, cocky swagger...reported him.

If he had been a black youth, would I have been accused of racial profiling by many here and elsewhere? The first youth was white non-Hispanic, the second was white Hispanic. Upon first noticing the youth I had no idea if he would be white, black, light skinned...

How is what Dante did any different than what George Zimmerman did with Trayvon Martin?

Were you armed? And had you been given direction by police dispatch to "not follow him" would you have complied and been satisfied with the fact that you reported the incident?

Young guy was standing next to my nephew's motorcycle parked on street directly in front of my apt building. I was walking home with groceries and he seemed to hurry away (whatever that means) as I entered into crosswalk, a few houses down. Noticed he was acting suspicious, stood and watched him and then I saw him tag a few properties nearby. He did not see me watching him.

I saw my nephew coming out of the building and he laughed at my concern, but being a good citizen and neighborhood activist, I put groceries inside and rode one of my bikes, the beach cruiser bicycle, in the direction of the unsub, the perp, the little prick.

I saw what looked like him and got close, white kid with hoodie on and backpack...long story short, after reporting him and riding back home, I saw the real little bastard. He had long straight hair, looked to be latino, mid-late twenties, anarchist look about his dress, dressed in all black with backpack, cap on head, boots on, cocky swagger...reported him.

If he had been a black youth, would I have been accused of racial profiling by many here and elsewhere? The first youth was white non-Hispanic, the second was white Hispanic. Upon first noticing the youth I had no idea if he would be white, black, light skinned...

How is what Dante did any different than what George Zimmerman did with Trayvon Martin?

Were you armed? And had you been given direction by police dispatch to "not follow him" would you have complied and been satisfied with the fact that you reported the incident?
And, what would one do after a dispatcher tells one not to follow him, but then requests one find the exact location where the suspicious subject is at, because police are on the way?

As is what happened in the Zimmerman case.

Dante ees example of good Soviet Citizen.

All you American slime should follow his example.

if you continue to misrepresent facts (the follow comment) you will just be dismissed. Whether I was armed or not matters not. Trayvon did not know if George was armed.
I am never satisfied as I agree with George, it seems like those bastards always get away

I agree.
If you are walking and see one perp then a few minutes later
you run into another one...Might be time to move on down the road.

Downtown City living in America. You people need to get out more often

The paranoia has gotten to you and you're seeing perps all over the place.

yeah, it was paranoia that saw him tag property. Following a creep and losing him for a few and having somebody similar pull up a hood...shit happens.

I've had police and/or security ask me questions at times when I feel like somebody reported me. Shit happens. It's called life.

Youth today and especially the anarchistic nitwit crowd consider any civility to be an infringement of their rights to be little pricks...like you

Downtown City living in America. You people need to get out more often

yeah, it was paranoia that saw him tag property. Following a creep and losing him for a few and having somebody similar pull up a hood...shit happens.

I've had police and/or security ask me questions at times when I feel like somebody reported me. Shit happens. It's called life.

Youth today and especially the anarchistic nitwit crowd consider any civility to be an infringement of their rights to be little pricks...like you

Tagging isn't crime you nimrod. :lol:

Yes, it is crime, dumbass....It's called vandalism, and here in Cali, there are several enhancements that can easily turn it into felony vandalism, particularly as it relates to gang banging,

Yes, it is crime, dumbass....It's called vandalism, and here in Cali, there are several enhancements that can easily turn it into felony vandalism, particularly as it relates to gang banging,

:slap:

I consider it urban art. They should just leave it. I think it's cool.:cool:

WTF!?.......Tagging is VANDALISM.

Thankfully you do not personally mandate the law. Graffiti is an ugly eyesore, devalues property, and hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars are spent annually by cities and homeowners associations to clean up after the vandals that do this. :cuckoo:

Thankfully you do not personally mandate the law. Graffiti is an ugly eyesore, devalues property, and hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars are spent annually by cities and homeowners associations to clean up after the vandals that do this. :cuckoo:

I know a lot of peeps think it's ugly, so why don't you all get together and get spray cans banned? Or is that covered by the 2nd amendment as well? :D

I know a lot of peeps think it's ugly, so why don't you all get together and get spray cans banned? Or is that covered by the 2nd amendment as well? :D[/

Lol. Fruitcakes are out and the holiday season is over.

Last edited:

The difference is the punk didn't jump you from behind and start smashing your face in.

Of course if he did, I'm sure you would of let him sit there and take out his racial aggressions on you without any resistance, being the good liberal you are.

you don't own property

Graffiti can be art, tagging should carry the beat-to-a-pulp penalty

The difference is the punk didn't jump you from behind and start smashing your face in.

Of course if he did, I'm sure you would of let him sit there and take out his racial aggressions on you without any resistance, being the good liberal you are.

:cuckoo: Considering Dante is one of the staunchest defenders of truth and reason on the Zimmerman/Martin subject

go away fool

Last edited:

Because you reported him and didn't engage him. You did the smart thing by not confronting either perp.

if you continue to misrepresent facts (the follow comment) you will just be dismissed. Whether I was armed or not matters not. Trayvon did not know if George was armed.
I am never satisfied as I agree with George, it seems like those bastards always get away

Ah, I thought you were a sincere concerned citizen until I read this.......

First off, it is not your job to decide who gets away. As someone who is a concerned citizen, upon reporting to the proper authorities your job is to observe and reported. According to your scenario you've already done that. If you choose to engage by following you risk being spotted. Sometimes criminals who commit crimes and citizens who follow alleged suspects by giving authorities a step-by-step location, will spot these do-good-er citizens and will engage them either using force or some other measure. Any police officer, retired or active will tell you not to pursue the suspect and to allow authorities to arrive. As long as you give authorities a good enough description you do not need to worry about them "always getting away."

Forum List

Back