Landlords are required to deny reality and play along

Calling the tenant "michael" is considered harassment. You didn't read the article. FUCKING READ IT AGAIN, then respond.

Calling the tenant Michael with the intent to harass could be considered harassment.

I did read the "article" (or letter to the editor, actually) - the letter is nothing more than the opinion of the LA Times editor who wrote it, not a legal opinion.

You once again CLEARLY did not read it, becaucse it's not a letter to the editor. The author of the advice is NOT an editor. The author is:

"Eichner is director of Housing Counseling Programs for Project Sentinel, a Bay Area nonprofit."

Now read it ONE MORE FUCKING TIME.

I'm not sure what difference you think that makes.

I know, it's shocking that a tenant's rights non-profit would be of that opinion.

Calling the tenant Michael with the intent to harass could be considered harassment.

I did read the "article" (or letter to the editor, actually) - the letter is nothing more than the opinion of the LA Times editor who wrote it, not a legal opinion.

You once again CLEARLY did not read it, becaucse it's not a letter to the editor. The author of the advice is NOT an editor. The author is:

"Eichner is director of Housing Counseling Programs for Project Sentinel, a Bay Area nonprofit."

I know, it's shocking that a tenant's rights non-profit would be of that opinion.

You were completely wrong about the facts, yet you wonder what difference that makes? :cuckoo:

I'd bet my 401k that Eichner is an attorney. And while there was no attorney client relationship in this situation, if that attorney habitually gives bad advice to his clients, then he would be getting sued for malpractice a lot.

Last edited:
You can use any name you want.

And, if the tenant is not breaking the terms of the lease, its no one's business.

Calm down, call your therapist, get the help you so desperately need.

OR -- list all the others you believe should be discriminated against.

So if the landlord was jewish and the tranny demanded to be called Eva Braun, you would be fine with forcing the landlord to call the tenant Eva Braun?

The name on the lease is MICHAEL.

So fucking what?

Why is it so important to you that landlords be allowed to mock their tenants?

You were completely wrong about the facts, yet you wonder what difference that makes? :cuckoo:

So you've got nothing?

You can pretend that being pedantic is making a point, but it's not. The "facts" that I got wrong are completely irrelevant to my point, and make absolutely no difference.

You can use any name you want.

And, if the tenant is not breaking the terms of the lease, its no one's business.

Calm down, call your therapist, get the help you so desperately need.

OR -- list all the others you believe should be discriminated against.

So if the landlord was jewish and the tranny demanded to be called Eva Braun, you would be fine with forcing the landlord to call the tenant Eva Braun?

So fucking what?

How is calling someone by their birth name mocking them?

It mocks normal people to be forced to deny reality. Yet you don't care.

you only care about your deviant, limp wristed feel good moment.

I'd bet my 401k that Eichner is an attorney. And while there was no attorney client relationship in this situation, if that attorney habitually gives bad advice to his clients, then he would be getting sued for malpractice a lot.

He's a lawyer with an opinion, not a representative of the legal system.

So fucking what?

How is calling someone by their birth name mocking them?

It mocks normal people to be forced to deny reality. Yet you don't care.

you only care about your deviant, limp wristed feel good moment.

I love how you think you speak for "normal people".

Did you accidentally sleep with a tranny at some point?

I'm trying to understand why you're so obsessed with them. Why does it matter what the landlord calls her?

Did you read the fucking thing? The landlord doesn't want to be forced to deny reality. The lease says MICHAEL.

Why should others be forced to play a role in someone else's fantasy world?

I don't think he's forced to deny reality. Nor is anyone else. They can leave if they choose to.

Yeah, you're right. The nation is different than it once was. The state seems to want to force people to not judge and accept others for who they are. If the government wants to force others to be together, well, guess what, we allow them to. They have the guns and they get to tax us. We vote, we arm them, we have passed the laws, right? Looks like you are in the minority, the people have spoken, right? Oh well. If the neighbors don't like it? Move. If the landlord doesn't like it? Sell the place. But the voting public will move in. And they will buy the place.

I guess that's the only way to live in a quasi-police state. The social engineers get more aggressive every decade. . . .

164629_192906507524922_1128541684_n.jpg

Last edited:

He's a lawyer with an opinion, not a representative of the legal system.

He's an attorney. Are you suggesting people can't trust their own legal counsel ever?

Martin Eichner | LinkedIn

The author here. Something tells me he's an expert on the issue.

Yeah, he's the director of a left-wing housing rights organization, not a judge. His opinion (although significantly more well thought out) is no more relevant than yours.

You are so ignorant it's sad. You don't go to judges for legal advice. In a trial, it's the opposing counsel who argue to the judge which law should apply AND what the law means. The judge just decides and it's always reactive. You can't have a landlord go to a judge and ask for legal advice. That's not what happens. The closest thing to that is a decloratory judgement, and that's not even remotely close.

Since you have zero idea what you are talking about, why do you continue? And becaucse you are so wrong here, is it possible you are wrong about your views on trannies?

Did you accidentally sleep with a tranny at some point?

I'm trying to understand why you're so obsessed with them. Why does it matter what the landlord calls her?

Did you read the fucking thing? The landlord doesn't want to be forced to deny reality. The lease says MICHAEL.

Why should others be forced to play a role in someone else's fantasy world?

I don't think he's forced to deny reality. Nor is anyone else. They can leave if they choose to.

Yeah, you're right. The nation is different than it once was. The state seems to want to force people to not judge and accept others for who they are. If the government wants to force others to be together, well, guess what, we allow them to. They have the guns and they get to tax us. We vote, we arm them, we have passed the laws, right? Looks like you are in the minority, the people have spoken, right? Oh well. If the neighbors don't like it? Move. If the landlord doesn't like it? Sell the place. But the voting public will move in. And they will buy the place.

I guess that's the only way to live in a quasi-police state. The social engineers get more aggressive every decade. . . .

164629_192906507524922_1128541684_n.jpg

How can a landlord just "leave"? He's contractually obligated to all of his tenants for the lease term. Can he sell? Perhaps, but it might affect the value if there's some mutant on the property.

Let me try to explain where I'm going from.

Your "outrage" seems to be based around the idea that this landlord is being persecuted by the government, and being forced to not mock his tenants.

Except he hasn't actually been persecuted.

Basically, all that has happened is that someone told the landlord that it would be illegal. They might be right, they might not be - but it's really very silly looking to get outraged in advance on this landlord's behalf.

Why are you so passionate about trannies?

How is it mocking someone to call them not only by their birth name, but the name on the FUCKING LEASE?

You seem to have no issue with being forced to deny reality. That's the issue. Being FORCED to deny reality.

PS: I also notice you completely ignored being completely wrong about the legal system.

Martin Eichner | LinkedIn

The author here. Something tells me he's an expert on the issue.

Yeah, he's the director of a left-wing housing rights organization, not a judge. His opinion (although significantly more well thought out) is no more relevant than yours.

You are so ignorant it's sad. You don't go to judges for legal advice. In a trial, it's the opposing counsel who argue to the judge which law should apply AND what the law means. The judge just decides and it's always reactive. You can't have a landlord go to a judge and ask for legal advice. That's not what happens. The closest thing to that is a decloratory judgement, and that's not even remotely close.

Since you have zero idea what you are talking about, why do you continue? And becaucse you are so wrong here, is it possible you are wrong about your views on trannies?

You're outraged about the advice given to the landlord? Seriously?

Jesus fucking Christ.

I thought that you had somehow convinced yourself that the "advice" held the weight of law, and the cops were coming to arrest the landlord tomorrow.

But really, you're just outraged that someone gave advice that you didn't like.

Wow, that's even more pathetic than I initially thought.

By the way, I don't really have any opinions on trannies, actually. I don't really think about them at all. They can do whatever they want, it's simply none of my business.

Why do you think about them so much?

How is it mocking someone to call them not only by their birth name, but the name on the FUCKING LEASE?

You seem to have no issue with being forced to deny reality. That's the issue. Being FORCED to deny reality.

PS: I also notice you completely ignored being completely wrong about the legal system.

"Being forced to deny reality" is NOT the issue, in any way.

It's a pathetic justification that you've come up with to get outraged at trannies today.

Your inability to understand what I've said does NOT imply that I was "wrong" about anything.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I thought that you had somehow convinced yourself that the "advice" held the weight of law, and the cops were coming to arrest the landlord tomorrow.

By the way, I don't really have any opinions on trannies, actually. I don't really think about them at all. They can do whatever they want, it's simply none of my business.

The only person's whose advice has "weight of law", ADVICE, is an attorney general. You thought it was a judge. You are completely ignorant.

However normal people who seek legal advice go to attorneys, and they typically reasonably rely on that legal advice. Your logic would destroy the entire legal system.

But that's because you are incredibly ignorant.

Jesus fucking Christ.

The only person's whose advice has "weight of law", ADVICE, is an attorney general. You thought it was a judge. You are completely ignorant.

However normal people who seek legal advice go to attorneys, and they typically reasonably rely on that legal advice. Your logic would destroy the entire legal system.

I realize that you think being pedantic is "winning", but you've missed a few details.

I was not discussing "advice" when I mentioned a judge.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I realize that you think being pedantic is "winning", but you've missed a few details.

I was not discussing "advice" when I mentioned a judge.

Yes you were. And judges don't go figure out the "law" on their own. opposing counsel do all of the work for them, and t hen the judge, and more accurately, his/her clerk, decides which law or interpretation of it to use. Judges are referees and not much more. You have virtually no understanding of the legal system.

Forum List

Back