LA Rams acquire Matthew Stafford for two 1st’s and a 3rd

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
Steep price. The Rams just continue to trade their picks. I think if Stafford stays healthy and the 49ers don't upgrade their QB situation then I would say the Rams are favorites to go to the Super Bowl next year. They have a great coach and a great defense and have good offensive weapons. All they really needed was a QB. Rams are taking a big gamble on Stafford staying healthy.

Rams got JARED GOFF...FIX YOUR TITLE!

Dammmm rams got Robbed

No, Stafford is a far better quarterback, he had a far better season passing than scoff did, Scoff was backsliding the last two years and their offense was getting weaker too.

Gave a way a lot to get him, it appears to be a short term try for the Super Bowl, A veteran can fill the need right away over developing a new quarterback.

I cant' see the Niners as giving up what it takes for Watson, and Rogers is still pissed at them for not drafting him out of Cal, so it looks like another year of Jimmy G (or Mullins due to injury) for SF.

I cant' see the Niners as giving up what it takes for Watson, and Rogers is still pissed at them for not drafting him out of Cal, so it looks like another year of Jimmy G (or Mullins due to injury) for SF.

If Jimmy G can just stay healthy, I have no problem with him as the 49ers QB. Mullins and Beathard, however, aren't good enough to run the team.

Or maybe it's more accurate to say that Mullins and Beathard aren't good enough unless the rest of the team is fully healthy, too. Things probably would have gone better even without Jimmy G, had the 49ers not lost so many other starters during the year, too. 2020 was a pretty terrible year for the 49ers players' health.

So far it sounds as though the Texans won't let Watson go, anyway. But based on this Stafford trade, he'd probably take 4 or 5 1st round picks to get. Rogers will also likely remain in Green Bay, but would also take too much to get.

If Jimmy G can just stay healthy, I have no problem with him as the 49ers QB. Mullins and Beathard, however, aren't good enough to run the team.

Or maybe it's more accurate to say that Mullins and Beathard aren't good enough unless the rest of the team is fully healthy, too. Things probably would have gone better even without Jimmy G, had the 49ers not lost so many other starters during the year, too. 2020 was a pretty terrible year for the 49ers players' health.

So far it sounds as though the Texans won't let Watson go, anyway. But based on this Stafford trade, he'd probably take 4 or 5 1st round picks to get. Rogers will also likely remain in Green Bay, but would also take too much to get.

He's o.k., but the one thing he really lacks is escapability. Once the pocket starts to collapse, he's done. I wouldn't expect a running quarterback, per se, but at least he could learn how to step up to avoid trouble. Montana was very nimble, which made him the quarterback he was, but Jimmy G has absolutely NONE of that same ability.

Awful trade for the Rams.

The Rams were never going to reach the SB with Goff who is a skinny weak throwing quarterback. Stafford will give the Rams the better long pass option that didn't work well with with Goff, which is why the last 3 years the defenses more and more play up closer to the line to box in Goff's short passing game.

Stafford did better over all behind a porous offensive line than Goff did who enjoys much better pass rush blocking. support.

Awful trade for the Rams.

The Rams were never going to reach the SB with Goff who is a skinny weak throwing quarterback. Stafford will give the Rams the better long pass option that didn't work well with with Goff, which is why the last 3 years the defenses more and more play up closer to the line to box in Goff's short passing game.

Stafford did better over all behind a porous offensive line than Goff did who enjoys much better pass rush blocking. support.
Stafford is very strong . Has that big meaty Texas body !! He will play through injuries with no problems.
He will make the Rams very happy

He's o.k., but the one thing he really lacks is escapability. Once the pocket starts to collapse, he's done. I wouldn't expect a running quarterback, per se, but at least he could learn how to step up to avoid trouble. Montana was very nimble, which made him the quarterback he was, but Jimmy G has absolutely NONE of that same ability.

I think Jimmy G could be better at escaping if he read the field a bit better. With quicker reads, or at least quicker decision making, he'd be better at seeing pressure IMO.

I think Jimmy G could be better at escaping if he read the field a bit better. With quicker reads, or at least quicker decision making, he'd be better at seeing pressure IMO.

Yep. He is still light years ahead of a certain notorious predecessor, though. Kaepernick had million dollar legs but a ten cent brain. He couldn't even learn to check off from his primary receiver much less really read the whole defense, and this despite having Harbaugh as a coach.

Forum List

Back