Know Your History: Jews Transforming The Land(NY Times, 1890-1912)

Israel is one of the few indigenous cultures to no longer be non-dominant on their ancestral territory.
OOOOOPS, there you go again conflating biblical Jews with European, terrorist immigrants.

The ones that had just emerged from Auschwitz, you mean?
Exactly, many israelis today actual ancestral homeland is Poland.

And how did they get there in the first place?

Rome did thieve and murder.

Two wrongs never make a right.

It is not today's terrorist jews' territory and never was.

Righting a wrong makes a right.
When the world takes that philosophy on your precious stolen land, please remember your last post.

You admit the land was stolen from the Jewish people. Should that wrong NOT be righted?

Remembering that I am arguing for the rights of BOTH the Jewish people and the Arab Palestinian people. Why can't all the wrongs be righted?

So your argument is that it wasn't that great, so it was open to hostile take over?

Even someone like you knows that Israel has been a Jewish homeland for 3,000 years. They were their 1,500 years BEFORE the Arabs.

Actually Jews were in ancient Canaan 2400 years before the Arab/Muslim invasion. From Abraham until Mohammad "woke up" due to the Christian "Invasion" spreading their Word and converting Arabs to Christianity.

I like it that Israeli cool has all of those articles which show what was really going on in the Land of Israel via witnesses who wrote books, articles or anything else which totally contradicts the endless Arab/Muslim "Palestinian" narrative of THEM being the indigenous people of the land.

Their own Quran contradicts everything they have been saying for the past 100 years in order to destroy a sovereign Israel.

Know Your History: Jerusalem In 1830 (Travels in Palestine and Syria, George Robinson)

What makes a people "indigenous"?

Can you provide a relevant definition of what makes indigenous from a decent source?

ALL indigenous people are now LAUGHING at you.

And since the Arab "Palestinians" are indigenous of ARABIA, they are also taking a good belly laugh at what you just wrote.

I asked you a question, you can either answer the question, or you can not answer the question, but writing a load of nonsense is a waste of time. Are you going to answer the question?

I mean, asking for the definition of a word should be pretty normal. I guess you just CAN'T answer the question.

Even someone like you knows that Israel has been a Jewish homeland for 3,000 years. They were their 1,500 years BEFORE the Arabs.

Actually Jews were in ancient Canaan 2400 years before the Arab/Muslim invasion. From Abraham until Mohammad "woke up" due to the Christian "Invasion" spreading their Word and converting Arabs to Christianity.

I like it that Israeli cool has all of those articles which show what was really going on in the Land of Israel via witnesses who wrote books, articles or anything else which totally contradicts the endless Arab/Muslim "Palestinian" narrative of THEM being the indigenous people of the land.

Their own Quran contradicts everything they have been saying for the past 100 years in order to destroy a sovereign Israel.

Know Your History: Jerusalem In 1830 (Travels in Palestine and Syria, George Robinson)

Can you provide a relevant definition of what makes indigenous from a decent source?

And since the Arab "Palestinians" are indigenous of ARABIA, they are also taking a good belly laugh at what you just wrote.

Very few of the ancestors of Arab Palestinians are from Arabia. Arab is a linguistic and cultural denomination. Think of it like Hispanic. What is hilarious is your poor attempt at propaganda. The Palestinians are descendants of the people that have always lived in Palestine (including Jews) amalgamated with an influx of mostly non-Arabian pilgrims. The Arabians came as rulers, not settlers.

:blahblah::boohoo::dunno::poop::puke::D

You can tell someone is really not interested in debate when their answer is just so fucking childish.

So your argument is that it wasn't that great, so it was open to hostile take over?

I asked you a question, you can either answer the question, or you can not answer the question, but writing a load of nonsense is a waste of time. Are you going to answer the question?

I mean, asking for the definition of a word should be pretty normal. I guess you just CAN'T answer the question.

What you did is called a Trick question.
You know very well the definition of the word Indigenous. As it has always been defined, as all other indigenous peoples are defined. That is until the Jewish People became, again, Sovereign over their own ancient homeland.

What is YOUR definition of Indigenous and where did you find it?
What is the source for this totally different definition of the word indigenous you seem to be wanting to spread around?

You can tell someone is really not interested in debate

I don't think anyone is really interested in 'debating' you. Israel exists, it will continue to exist. All your whinging and crying about Jews being self-governing isn't going to change that.

You're debating about the colour of the sky and all your arguing doesn't change anything.

You mean like the UN definition?

Indigenous peoples are inheritors and practitioners of unique cultures and ways of relating to people and the environment. They have retained social, cultural, economic and political characteristics that are distinct from those of the dominant societies in which they live.

Self- identification as indigenous peoples at the individual level and accepted by the community as their member.
Historical continuity with pre-colonial and/or pre-settler societies
Strong link to territories and surrounding natural resources
Distinct social, economic or political systems
Distinct language, culture and beliefs
Form non-dominant groups of society
Resolve to maintain and reproduce their ancestral environments and systems as distinctive peoples and communities.

Just to highlight a few things:

1. Indigeneity is defined by culture (not genetics or race).
2. Indigeneity is the culture which existed in the territory PRE-INVASION, colonization or settlement.
3. Indigenous peoples determine for themselves who belongs to their group.
4. While non-dominance is generally useful to define indigeneity, Israel is one of the few indigenous cultures to no longer be non-dominant on their ancestral territory. This is, in part, the intent of UN resolutions concerning indigenous peoples -- to foster international acceptance and law of indigenous self-government.

I mean any definition that is being used.

So, with this definition, who are the indigenous people of Palestine? Or aren't there any?

Indigenous peoples are inheritors and practitioners of unique cultures and ways of relating to people and the environment. They have retained social, cultural, economic and political characteristics that are distinct from those of the dominant societies in which they live.

Self- identification as indigenous peoples at the individual level and accepted by the community as their member.
Resolve to maintain and reproduce their ancestral environments and systems as distinctive peoples and communities.

2. Indigeneity is the culture which existed in the territory PRE-INVASION, colonization or settlement.
4. While non-dominance is generally useful to define indigeneity, Israel is one of the few indigenous cultures to no longer be non-dominant on their ancestral territory. This is, in part, the intent of UN resolutions concerning indigenous peoples -- to foster international acceptance and law of indigenous self-government.

So, with this definition, who are the indigenous people of Palestine? Or aren't there any?

You are telling us that you truly do not know who are the indigenous people of the Land of Israel, of Ancient Canaan?

What exactly do you read?

Definitely NOT what would give you the answer to your questions, if you actually wanted to know them.

Rome did thieve and murder.

Two wrongs never make a right.

It is not today's terrorist jews' territory and never was.

Righting a wrong makes a right.
When the world takes that philosophy on your precious stolen land, please remember your last post.

You admit the land was stolen from the Jewish people. Should that wrong NOT be righted?

Remembering that I am arguing for the rights of BOTH the Jewish people and the Arab Palestinian people. Why can't all the wrongs be righted?

The indigenous Jewish people converted to Christianity then most to Islam. Europeans stole the land from the indigenous people.

You know very well the definition of the word Indigenous. As it has always been defined, as all other indigenous peoples are defined. That is until the Jewish People became, again, Sovereign over their own ancient homeland.

What is the source for this totally different definition of the word indigenous you seem to be wanting to spread around?

No, it's not a trick question. The definition of "indigenous" is one of those words people "think" they know. They'll use it with something in mind, but you ask someone what it means, and then you find they can't answer the question. If it were so simple, you'd have answered the question. Instead you acted like you did.

Definition of INDIGENOUS

produced, growing, living, or occurring naturally in a particular region or environmentindigenous plants the indigenous culture

indigenous - definition of indigenous in English | Oxford Dictionaries

Originating or occurring naturally in a particular place; native.

‘the indigenous peoples of Siberia’

‘coriander is indigenous to southern Europe’

The American Heritage Dictionary entry: indigenous

Originating, growing, or produced in a certain place or region. See Synonyms at native.
a.
Being a member of the original inhabitants of a particular place.
b. Of, belonging to, or characteristic of such inhabitants.

Indigenous definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary

Indigenous people or things belong to the country in which they are found, rather than coming there or being brought there from another country.

Different definitions from different dictionaries. You might think you know what a word means, and then find out it has different definitions, which one are you going to work from? Makes a big difference when talking to someone, to know which definition they're working from.

But hey, you just jump off on one, and talk nonsense.

You are telling us that you truly do not know who are the indigenous people of the Land of Israel, of Ancient Canaan?

Definitely NOT what would give you the answer to your questions, if you actually wanted to know them.

No, I'm telling you what I said.

And I'm not in the mood for your nonsense right now.

No, it's not a trick question. The definition of "indigenous" is one of those words people "think" they know. They'll use it with something in mind, but you ask someone what it means, and then you find they can't answer the question. If it were so simple, you'd have answered the question. Instead you acted like you did.

Definition of INDIGENOUS

produced, growing, living, or occurring naturally in a particular region or environmentindigenous plants the indigenous culture

Originating, growing, or produced in a certain place or region. See Synonyms at native.
a.

Indigenous people or things belong to the country in which they are found, rather than coming there or being brought there from another country.

Different definitions from different dictionaries. You might think you know what a word means, and then find out it has different definitions, which one are you going to work from? Makes a big difference when talking to someone, to know which definition they're working from.

PEOPLE. Try indigenous PEOPLE, not vegetables or minerals.

You have said NOTHING, because you know NOTHING, and do not have the guts to come out with the fact, that like all others anti Israel people on the threads, you learned to be anti Israel/Jews from the same source as them.

We are not interested in what you have learned in the "Lets hate the Jews" Madrassas.

Either you do know what you are talking about or you do not.

I would say the general feeling from all you have written so far.....

NOT

You have said NOTHING, because you know NOTHING, and do not have the guts to come out with the fact, that like all others anti Israel people on the threads, you learned to be anti Israel/Jews from the same source as them.

We are not interested in what you have learned in the "Lets hate the Jews" Madrassas.

NOT

It is you that justifies the colonization of Palestine and the oppression of the native people. Is there any possible reason for the native people not to hate the Jews?

Definition of INDIGENOUS

a.

PEOPLE. Try indigenous PEOPLE, not vegetables or minerals.

I asked you for a definition, you didn't provide it. So, I went onto different dictionaries and provided their definitions of the word "indigenous". You think you know what it means, turns out when you actually go look, it's different to what you think it means.

When you use the phrase "indigenous people", you have an adjective and a noun. I told you what the adjective means.

Now, are you going to go define this, or are you going to act like a child again?

NOT

Dude, I'm not interested in debating with you, because you're not interested in debate.

You have no idea what I think because you're so interested in shouting and trying to make yourself look good, that you forgot to debate. Bye.

Definition of INDIGENOUS

a.

Going by your own definition of Indigenous people:

"Indigenous people or things belong to the country in which they are found, rather than coming there or being brought there from another country."

Who are the Palestinians? Arabs
Where do the Arabs come from ? Arabia
Who did the Muslim Arabs find in the Land of Israel (renamed Filistia by the Romans in 135 CE? The indigenous Jews.

Did the Muslims find any "Palestinians"? No.
Did they EVER mention such a people in words or writings? No
Did the Crusaders? No
Did the Ottomans for the 400 years they ruled the area? No
Did the Crusaders or Ottomans ever refer to the Arab Muslims as Palestinians? No
Did Arabs or Muslims refer to the people living in the region known as Holy Land or Palestine as "Palestinians" before WWI ? No

Who was referred to as Palestinians during the Mandate for Palestine from 1920 to 1948? The Jews and Arabs and others living under the Mandate for Palestine.

Was there EVER a time when there were no indigenous Jews living on their ancient land? No

Was there Ever a nationality known as "Palestinian" before Arafat arranged it with the KGB in 1964? No

Do you have any other questions?

NOT

Dude, I'm not interested in debating with you, because you're not interested in debate.

You have no idea what I think because you're so interested in shouting and trying to make yourself look good, that you forgot to debate. Bye.

Ooops, you did not like the answers to your questions.
Not listening as you do not, is good for debating?

Shalom !

Forum List

Back