Killings by UK Police double in December - Britain at war !

Our police are not generally armed and prefer to use persuasion where possible. Of course they do not operate in such a violent society as their American counterparts. They can be generally confident that the person in front of them doesnt have a machine gun. That makes policing a lot easier.

Our police are not generally armed and prefer to use persuasion where possible. Of course they do not operate in such a violent society as their American counterparts. They can be generally confident that the person in front of them doesnt have a machine gun. That makes policing a lot easier.
It's quite a remarkable thing Tommy, and the police must be either very brave or very confident in the system.
I've often wondered how it can be sustained?

There's truth to what the foreigner says here I think. I am strongly in favor of our right to bear arms, but it's worth noting that our very well-armed society makes it more dangerous for police officers to interact with us in general. We're a people with many dangerous weapons at our disposal, so it's only natural that the job of policing is a little harder/scarier here. That's why our police officers act the way they do. They're scared of being killed by a dangerous person.

It's quite a remarkable thing Tommy, and the police must be either very brave or very confident in the system.
I've often wondered how it can be sustained?
My son is a police officer. He has been thumped a few times and involved in several physical tussles. He sprayed someone last week, the only time he has had to use it this year. It isnt a picnic over here by any means but generally, it is safer than the US because the general public doesnt have access to guns.

My son is a police officer. He has been thumped a few times and involved in several physical tussles. He sprayed someone last week, the only time he has had to use it this year. It isnt a picnic over here by any means but generally, it is safer than the US because the general public doesnt have access to guns.
It's an amazing accomplishment!
Canada's Mounties always tried to accomplish the same respect in much the same way as I believe bobbies are respected. But the Mounties have been slipping a bit lately. I can excuse some of their excesses because of our close proximity to so many guns.
You are probably aware that handguns are very limited in Canada. Only a few are allowed to carry one for professional purposes.

It's an amazing accomplishment!
Canada's Mounties always tried to accomplish the same respect in much the same way as I believe bobbies are respected. But the Mounties have been slipping a bit lately. I can excuse some of their excesses because of our close proximity to so many guns.
You are probably aware that handguns are very limited in Canada. Only a few are allowed to carry one for professional purposes.
I just checked the figures in the US. It looks like 12500 fatalities this year. I dont think that is particularly unusual and is obviously a subject of much discussion on here. Nobody ever looks beyond the event to look for a solution. That seems mad to me.

Personally?
I dont give a fuck one way or another.
How would a party be responsible for the actions of a few?
Are they like the democrats in the US who encourage this sort of thing?
The "few" are the ones that broke the law. The very people who set the laws. The tory party.

Thats a poor effort. These have been committed by the tory party who set the actual rules. What do you think about that ?
Normalcy and respectability is making a dent in this clusterfk Tommy. Maybe it's time to draw a line to separate how we respond to the rational ones and how we respond to the crazies. No normal and decent person should have any difficulty determining where that line needs to be drawn anymore.

I just checked the figures in the US. It looks like 12500 fatalities this year. I dont think that is particularly unusual and is obviously a subject of much discussion on here. Nobody ever looks beyond the event to look for a solution. That seems mad to me.

The gun debate has abandoned valid talking points and has become spiteful and vindictive. There are many examples of the anti-gun side promoting extremist anti-gun measures while the pro-gun side promote extremism on upholding their professed rights.
And example of the latter would be not placing restrictions on the mentally ill in some states, to possess guns.
Nothing can improve when it's all set in stone by both sides.

That is obvious that the US has a higher murder rate than European countries. But most of these murders happen in so called inner cities in the fights between street gangs.

Europe doesn't have this issue at that scale. Not yet, at least.

The UK has negative trade balance.

it has negarive real interest rate, i. e. its inflation is higher than inerest paid on credit.

and what is more important - negative interest rate is a result of national economy being a dead alive, a zombie, because it doesn't produce any profit, and Central bank has to keep interest rare that low to subsidize national economy.

Because if % will be a little higher - mass bankruptcies will bury the whole economy.

i. e. low crime rate is a function and consequence of prosperity.

this prosperity is artificially kept on very high level and this system is on the brink of collapse.

a giant wave of violence will reach the UK too (as all other countries) immediately after global economy collapses.

And it seems it is going to happen in 2022 or maybe a year later, inflation in the US is already 6,8% in November.

That is obvious that the US has a higher murder rate than European countries. But most of these murders happen in so called inner cities in the fights between street gangs.

Europe doesn't have this issue at that scale. Not yet, at least.
The thread is a bit more basic than that.UK police killing me is less likely than me landing on the moon. There are systemic reasons for that.

It all comes back to the way our societies are run. Availability of guns feeds on itself and escalates violence. There are vested interests in the US that feed the craziness but this doesnt seem to be the case elsewhere in the world

Forum List

Back