Keystone pipeline spilling 200k gallons all over Dakota.

Do you have any clue how serious that is? Have you ever seen an oil spill and do you realize what's involved in cleaning one up?

Not to mention it's sitting on the second largest aquifer in the world...in the world...in the world.

Which supplies water for about a dozen surrounding states.

Ogallala Aquifer

300px-Ogallala_saturated_thickness_1997-sattk97-v2.svg.png

This spill is crude oil from tar sands, btw. Which is the dirtiest stuff out of all of the crudes. Tar sands oil is much thicker and stickier than traditional oil.

Trans Canada crews are the best in the business. They had the pipeline shut down and located the damage in 15 minutes. That's damn awesome.

"The section of pipe along a right-of-way approximately 35 miles (56 kilometres) south of the Ludden pump station in Marshall County, South Dakota was completely isolated within 15 minutes and emergency response procedures were activated."

2017-11-16:TransCanada responds to oil leak in Amherst, South Dakota

I read this but was looking for an appoximation. Is 1/3 the size of a swimming pool accurate? Seems like more to me. Already hit the surface.

210000 gallons will fit in a cube that is 30.5 ft x 30.5ft x 30.5 ft

Only thing I am pissy about with Trump is his newest ruling of allowing elephant heads/parts, his sickening sons that like to hunt animals for "fun" and his disregard to the environment. Which is quite a bit, to be honest about it.:cranky:

Do you have any clue how serious that is? Have you ever seen an oil spill and do you realize what's involved in cleaning one up?

Not to mention it's sitting on the second largest aquifer in the world...in the world...in the world.

Ogallala Aquifer

This spill is crude oil from tar sands, btw. Which is the dirtiest stuff out of all of the crudes. Tar sands oil is much thicker and stickier than traditional oil.

Trans Canada crews are the best in the business. They had the pipeline shut down and located the damage in 15 minutes. That's damn awesome.

"The section of pipe along a right-of-way approximately 35 miles (56 kilometres) south of the Ludden pump station in Marshall County, South Dakota was completely isolated within 15 minutes and emergency response procedures were activated."

Thats an awesome response time but that doesnt make 200 gallons less

Only thing I am pissy about with Trump is his newest ruling of allowing elephant heads/parts, his sickening sons that like to hunt animals for "fun" and his disregard to the environment. Which is quite a bit, to be honest about it.:cranky:

We all hunt for fun ...

nick_winters_l.jpg

everyones favorite pipeline is doing just what everyone feared .

Probably all over some tribes burial site .

Keystone Pipeline leaks 210,000 gallons of oil in South Dakota

Your link still does not work for me.

note FYI: I logged onto PC with WIN 10 using Google Chrome and your CNN link works.

Link does not work on Samsung Android tablet using internet explorer. Don't ask me more. Sorry to you. You are Welcome.

I leave you with this one.
9e369e9834aedb1f44cb5261f6d44187de1a0d0440ff9f4bc51dbaaaeab1c8d4.gif

Ogallala Aquifer

It beats rail and barge all to hell though. To me it's become pick your poison and especially after having lived thru more than a few rail nightmares up here I'll run with pipeline every time.

The trial of Lac Megantic is now ongoing. My heavens the horror of this rail disaster is breathtaking.

Audio
'It looks like the apocalypse': MMA workers didn't fathom it was their train burning, Lac-Mégantic trial hears
Explicit language warning: audio recordings reveal railway men's horror, realizing their fuel train's on fire

canada-train.jpg

Downtown Lac-Mégantic was ablaze in the early morning of July 6, 2013 after a runaway train loaded with crude oil derailed, exploded and caught fire. Montreal, Maine and Atlantic railworkers didn't realize at first it was their train. (Reuters)

'It looks like the apocalypse': MMA workers didn't fathom it was their train burning, Lac-Mégantic trial hears

Maybe there was some hidden Pork in that bill? no pun intended. Like the crazy gun bill leftist pukes were whining about. It was a bad bill. I favor the Elephants FYI.

Keystone Pipeline leaks 210,000 gallons of oil in South Dakota

TransCanada Corp.’s Keystone pipeline leaked an estimated 210,000 gallons of oil in northeastern South Dakota, the company and state regulators reported Thursday. Crews shut down the pipeline Thursday morning and activated emergency response procedures after a drop in pressure was detected resulting from the leak south of a pump station in Marshall County, TransCanada said in a statement. The cause was being investigated.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awwwww well chit happens doesn't it. It's all good. Just like Fracking they won't tell you it'll kill yah until thirty years later. lmao

the oil experts that produce bit oil dont know how to clean the hit up, but the UBER-SMART BOARD REPUBLICANS KNOW HOW !!!!!!

What the fuck are you talking about? Their crews are stellar.

I'm talking about what a fucking idiot you are

http://concernedengineers.org/wp-co...paper-3-Can-diluted-bitumen-be-cleaned-up.pdf

if that shit hits the aquifer its damn near impossible to determine what to do with it - and its sitting on top of one of the largest aquifers in the world, MISS CANUCK.

Ogallala Aquifer

It beats rail and barge all to hell though. To me it's become pick your poison and especially after having lived thru more than a few rail nightmares up here I'll run with pipeline every time.

The trial of Lac Megantic is now ongoing. My heavens the horror of this rail disaster is breathtaking.

Audio
Explicit language warning: audio recordings reveal railway men's horror, realizing their fuel train's on fire

canada-train.jpg

Downtown Lac-Mégantic was ablaze in the early morning of July 6, 2013 after a runaway train loaded with crude oil derailed, exploded and caught fire. Montreal, Maine and Atlantic railworkers didn't realize at first it was their train. (Reuters)

You are always style over substance. Ohhh fire. Dirty ground doesnt look at menacing so yanno. If you're looking for something with no flaws I apologize that just doesnt exist.

the oil experts that produce bit oil dont know how to clean the hit up, but the UBER-SMART BOARD REPUBLICANS KNOW HOW !!!!!!

What the fuck are you talking about? Their crews are stellar.

I'm talking about what a fucking idiot you are

http://concernedengineers.org/wp-co...paper-3-Can-diluted-bitumen-be-cleaned-up.pdf

if that shit hits the aquifer its damn near impossible to determine what to do with it - and its sitting on top of one of the largest aquifers in the world, MISS CANUCK.

There's thousands of miles of pipelines across the Ogalala. And the Keystone in SD doesn't cross the Ogalala. And you know I'm dual so why the hell do you keep attempting to make some sort of insult that I'm a Canadian?

If you don't like pipelines I don't care. I prefer them over rail and barges.

ogallala_aquifer_map-2.jpg

Ogallala Aquifer

Audio

canada-train.jpg

You are always style over substance. Ohhh fire. Dirty ground doesnt look at menacing so yanno. If you're looking for something with no flaws I apologize that just doesnt exist.

What the hell are you babbling about? No spill is a good spill. I just believe that pipelines are the safest way to ship crude.

an Olympic size swimming pool of oil can be cleaned up...we do it all the time relax...it's the cost of having this website on your phone or PC with a press of a key. Chilax

Forum List

Back