Key inflation cause: Republican policy

IDK. But whatever he did doubled the number of companies who now pay zero taxes. Look it up. Just google Trump Doubled the Number of Companies that pay NO or ZERO taxes. I'm sure you'll find 100000 pages of info.

But whatever he did doubled the number of companies who now pay zero taxes.

His plan allowed immediate expensing. If a company had $1 billion in net profit
and bought $1 billion in new equipment, net profit (and taxes owed) is now zero.

Aren't liberals always whining about companies giving executive bonuses or spending on stock
buybacks instead of reinvesting in the company? Now they have a larger incentive to reinvest.

I know you think corporations are people but please stop trying to suck corporations dicks.
/----/ "
So I am 100% convinced that you would do as you think these companies did. These companies and you would take the money they would have paid
in taxes and did either or both these actions:
1) Buried all the CASH they saved in taxes in the back yard OR
2) hide the money under their mattresses Right?
You and they would NEVER
1) keep the money and pay out more money (by the way TAXED again by shareholders) to shareholders.
2) keep the money and spend it on more equipment, more people, more construction... they would NEVER do that.
3) OR invest it in companies that spend it on more equipment, more people, more construction these companies would never do that.
NOPE they would do the only thing that you can think of...bury the money the backyard or hide under your mattresses.
They would NEVER invest in hiring people, signing contracts for new construction, buying more inventory ... No they would never do that!

Los Angeles Times News from California, the nation and world - Los Angeles Times › business › story › companies-...
Dec 19, 2019 — Corporations have brought back more than $1 trillion of overseas profits to the U.S. since Congress overhauled the international
So did these companies bury this $1trillion in their backyards or hide under their mattresses. Maybe... but I doubt it and of course business ignorant people like Biden and obviously YOU have NO IDEA what to do with this $1 Trillion!
/-----/ "I know you think corporations are people "
OK, if they aren't (artificial) people, as the USSC decided, then the government can no longer tax or regulate them. And no one could sue them for any reason. Is that wnat you're aiming at?

School is in session:
They have to obey laws, follow regulations and avoid damaging other people's property. If an individual hires people, he has to treat them fairly and in accordance with the labor code. Governments and the courts treat corporations exactly the same way, assuming they have the responsibilities of full artificial persons under the law.

They have to obey laws, follow regulations and avoid damaging other people's property. If an individual hires people, he has to treat them fairly and in accordance with the labor code. Governments and the courts treat corporations exactly the same way, assuming they have the responsibilities of full artificial persons under the law.

But whatever he did doubled the number of companies who now pay zero taxes.

His plan allowed immediate expensing. If a company had $1 billion in net profit
and bought $1 billion in new equipment, net profit (and taxes owed) is now zero.

Aren't liberals always whining about companies giving executive bonuses or spending on stock
buybacks instead of reinvesting in the company? Now they have a larger incentive to reinvest.

Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%. Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983 (they're still in that neighborhood, the lowest in the industrialized world).

The result was devastating. Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA), and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund.

Who got more for less? Link?
You said this

If corporation A raises prices by $1 billion, consumers have $1 billion less to
buy goods from corporation B.

What do they care as long as they get your $1 billion. And they got it by selling you fewer goods. Win win for them. They get more from you and have to manufacture less products.

Who got more for less? Link?
For example, the oil companies. If they raise gas from $4 a gallon to $6, you will have less money to spend on other things. What do they care? They got your money and maxed out their profits. And didn't even have to sell you as many barrels of oil.

Would you as a business rather sell me 2 barrels of oil for $100 or 1 barrel for $100? Aren't you concerned I'll have less money to spend?

Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%. Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983 (they're still in that neighborhood, the lowest in the industrialized world).

The result was devastating. Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA), and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund.

Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%.

Promptly? LOL! Also, he never cut the top rate to 27%.

Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983

He wasn't president in 1951, why the fuck would 1951 matter?
What percentage of receipts were they under the Peanut Failure...err...Farmer?

Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA),

LOL! No, he didn't.

and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund.

Ummmm.....the Trust Fund was invested in Treasuries long before Reagan was elected.

Common dreams? LOL! Commies are stupid.

You said this

What do they care as long as they get your $1 billion. And they got it by selling you fewer goods. Win win for them. They get more from you and have to manufacture less products.

True.

What do they care as long as they get your $1 billion.

That's not inflationary.

For example, the oil companies. If they raise gas from $4 a gallon to $6, you will have less money to spend on other things. What do they care? They got your money and maxed out their profits. And didn't even have to sell you as many barrels of oil.

Would you as a business rather sell me 2 barrels of oil for $100 or 1 barrel for $100? Aren't you concerned I'll have less money to spend?

If they raise gas from $4 a gallon to $6, you will have less money to spend on other things

Exactly. That's why the claim that corporations can all just raise profits and cause inflation is moronic.

003_jpg-2816708.JPG

ATTN all you jackass stupid/hate America shitbags.

I just came from the grocery store and everything I bought today was 50%-100% more than when Trump was president.

That's the kind of bullshit you idiots support! It wasn't this bad even with Carter. :nono:

You can try to deflect all you want; But Joe Biden and his administration did this on day 1 of his presidency right here, you fucking
Duke, why you lying all the time?

I lived through the Carter (and Reagan) years, and inflation was MUCH worse then.

Look, man, I'm sorry America rejected you, but you are acting like a stalker drunk dialing his ex-girlfriend at 3 AM.

Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%.

Promptly? LOL! Also, he never cut the top rate to 27%.

Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983

He wasn't president in 1951, why the fuck would 1951 matter?
What percentage of receipts were they under the Peanut Failure...err...Farmer?

Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA),

LOL! No, he didn't.

and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund.

Ummmm.....the Trust Fund was invested in Treasuries long before Reagan was elected.

Common dreams? LOL! Commies are stupid.
Oh I'm sorry. 28%

The second tax cut (Tax Reform Act of 1986) among other things, cut the highest personal income tax rate from 50% to 38.5% but decreasing to 28% in the following years and increased the highest capital gains tax rate from 20% to 28%.

I'm saying corporate taxes paid for a lot in the 1950's. 33%. Under reagan they only paid for 9%. Sad huh?

Yes he did.

Sorry you don't like the truth from my sources. Here's another good one

Oh I'm sorry. 28%

The second tax cut (Tax Reform Act of 1986) among other things, cut the highest personal income tax rate from 50% to 38.5% but decreasing to 28% in the following years and increased the highest capital gains tax rate from 20% to 28%.

I'm saying corporate taxes paid for a lot in the 1950's. 33%. Under reagan they only paid for 9%. Sad huh?

Yes he did.

Why is it sad?

Yes he did.

No, he didn't.

Why is this Thom Hartmann article less stupid than the earlier Thom Hartmann article?

Why is it sad?

Yes he did.

No, he didn't.

Why is this Thom Hartmann article less stupid than the earlier Thom Hartmann article?
I thought you didn't like the debt. The debt is sad huh?

You right wing retards don't realize that it's the rich who ruined the middle class. Oh well. You're middle class so if you're so stupid you don't even know who ruined your life, so be it. My family is rich. We have more than enough money to prosper under Reaganomics, Bushanomics and Trumpanomics.

The inflation of 2021/2022 is undoubtably the result of key Republican policy failures specific to the workforce and oil pricing. These two Republican pressures behind the worldwide supply availability are the three direct causes of inflation. Mic drop.

1. Labor shortage - 3.5M deficit in workers
  1. Declining immigration
  2. Covid deaths
  3. Early retirees due to safety
2. Gas prices
  1. Oil rig shut downs during Trump - over 600
  2. Negotiated reduction in OPEC - over 2M B/D
3. World wide supply shortage
  1. This is not the pubs fault as it’s affected every country.

Irrefutable Data:

Their exit is causing a ripple effect. Between early retirees, “a surge in deaths,” and a decline in immigration, the American labor force is missing about 3.5 million people, Fed chair Jerome Powell said in late November. The excess retirements in particular “might now account for more than 2 million of the 3 ½ million shortfall in the labor force,” he said. Experts worry the shortfall could make it harder to tame inflation.

Oil rigs in use at the end of January:

View attachment 743240

View attachment 743244
What a crock.

I thought you didn't like the debt. The debt is sad huh?

You right wing retards don't realize that it's the rich who ruined the middle class. Oh well. You're middle class so if you're so stupid you don't even know who ruined your life, so be it. My family is rich. We have more than enough money to prosper under Reaganomics, Bushanomics and Trumpanomics.

What do your errors have to do with the debt?

But did you consider this? They're going to raise their prices anyways. As much as they can. And what they did pass on to you was the tax burden. So now you're paying more taxes, for them, all because you don't want them to raise their prices?
Say%20wuuuut-S.gif

You do realize that your post makes no sense, whatsoever.

Forum List

Back