Ketanji Brown Jackson Won’t Embrace Declaration of Independence on Natural Rights

False!

The Bill of Rights enumerates the most significant rights of natural law, and the whole point of the Tenth Amendment is to make it clear that these rights are indeed predicated on the natural law of the Anglo-American tradition of republicanism per the Declaration of Independence and, accordingly, are not exhaustively enumerated in the Constitution.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Which says nothing about Natural Rights

They are rights because they are specifically stated in the Constitution

Any constitutional "originalist" has to square their wish to return to the original intent of the founders with the way the founders wrote themselves a lot of rights few actually enjoyed.
Nope. In their day, some of them didn’t square their espoused beliefs with their actions. Thankfully, times have changed. And guess what? Our Constitutional precepts NOW have indeed evolved. And they have done so in the Constitutional manner (Amendments) after a war which was (at its core) concerned with eliminating slavery.

I am very much an originalist. And I agree that slavery is wrong. Denying people a vote on the basis of sex or race is wrong.

Good grief! She keeps showing us who and what she is. ANd what she is isn't inside the judicial norm in any sense.

Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson: “I do not hold a position on whether individuals possess natural rights.” (See p. 79 of her response to written questions.)
Jackson’s answer comes immediately after this Q&A:
Natural rights do not include accepting god as the creator. The constitution was formed with the specific exclusion of any god and she is bound by that.
Thus, by her own account, Jackson doesn’t embrace the basic American creed set forth in that passage from the Declaration.
As one friend commented to me, since Jackson can’t say what a woman is, it’s not surprising that she doesn’t believe that human beings have natural rights.

You can make all the pathetic excuses you idiots want. Nothing will change her appointment nor will she ever act outside the law like Thomas and his ratbag wife have.

Get them to leave before you start to judge someone else you fucking hypocrites.

Natural rights do not include accepting god as the creator. The constitution was formed with the specific exclusion of any god and she is bound by that.

You can make all the pathetic excuses you idiots want. Nothing will change her appointment nor will she ever act outside the law like Thomas and his ratbag wife have.

Get them to leave before you start to judge someone else you fucking hypocrites.
Correct. Elections have consequences.

Are you going to tell that to the slave owners?

They were mostly Democrats. So when are you going to apologize for them? Let's face it: You're what's called an "American apologist." Your whole dog and pony show is based on your belief that America is basically a bad country which has done a lot of people wrong. That's pretty obvious by the responses you always tend to give.

So put your money where your mouth is, nut up like a real man, and give the country an apology for your Democrats and their institution of slavery.

Or aren't you man enough?

Last edited:
~~~~~~
What you failed to show is the following:
"Three men were sentenced to federal prison on Thursday for their connection to forced labor at south Georgia farms, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
Their names are Javier Sanchez Mendoza Jr. (24), Aurelio Medina (42) and Yordon Velzquez Victoria (45)".
"Their cases were part of an investigation called Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force, Operation Blooming Onion.
This investigation looked into a conspiracy that citizens of Central America were being brought into the United States to be underpaid farmworkers kept in substandard conditions".

~~ By Briana Ross-Williams

Illegal alien wet backs enslaving other wetbacks. Betcha, the three are connected to a Narco Drug Cartel.
So?

Close the border, problem solved.

Nope. In their day, some of them didn’t square their espoused beliefs with their actions. Thankfully, times have changed. And guess what? Our Constitutional precepts NOW have indeed evolved. And they have done so in the Constitutional manner (Amendments) after a war which was (at its core) concerned with eliminating slavery.

I am very much an originalist. And I agree that slavery is wrong. Denying people a vote on the basis of sex or race is wrong.
As we have often seen just saying someone has a right is no guarantee they can practice them in peace.

As we have often seen just saying someone has a right is no guarantee they can practice them in peace.

Then what business does Jackson have being on the Supreme Court if she's unwilling to defend those rights?

Which says nothing about Natural Rights

They are rights because they are specifically stated in the Constitution
Not quite correct. Rights are rights. Constitutionally referenced rights are the ones that are guaranteed by the Constitution. They aren’t rights just because the Constitution references them. They are rights which pre-existed the Constitution.

Whether Judge Jackson “gets” it or not, I am quite confident that she is about to be confirmed as the next Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of America. My hope is that she grows in the position and disappoints the leftwing here in America.

Forum List

Back