Keith Olbermann with a moving special comment about gay marriage

That's why I love your posts so much, if you don't mind my saying so. :eusa_angel: They are indeed informal, irreverent, and above all HONEST.

Even if I might disagree with any of your views one day, which so far I have not, I know exactly where you stand on an issue, and as I think you know by now, I'll tell you that I disagree and my reasons why. You are blunt and plain-speaking, and I never have to wonder if you have any hidden meanings. For me, honesty and plain-speaking is what works.

Ocean
Thanks ma'am.

As a father of 4 boys. I say why take a chance of exposing your child to any homo. I think it is stupid to risk your child's safety, just to prove that you are tolerent and PC.

Well, personally I think it is stupid to risk my child's psychological health and well-being, which is why I keep him out of ALL religious institutions, no matter what the faith may be.

Too much hatred, intolerance and bigotry shown to anyone who is "different" for me to expose him to that toxic brand of "faith." Your post is one of the best examples of proof of the worst of religion. "Congratulations," I guess. :rolleyes:

Well, personally I think it is stupid to risk my child's psychological health and well-being, which is why I keep him out of ALL religious institutions, no matter what the faith may be.

Too much hatred, intolerance and bigotry shown to anyone who is "different" for me to expose him to that toxic brand of "faith." Your post is one of the best examples of proof of the worst of religion. "Congratulations," I guess. :rolleyes:
I didn't mention religion in my post.

I was talking about child safety.

Any parent, be they atheist or religious, needs to protect their children from predators.

reality is elusive huh? The African American and the Hispanic vote sank prop 8 in California and Florida.. Not Republicans.

Democrats never look at how voting blocks feel/think about certain issues. They just assume they "own" the opinions and votes of them all because they are so very special and cool. Did all of you Obots not see the Black Theology/Christian hecklers at Obama's rally with signs against homosexuality? Yes, I know the brain washed masses just ASSUMED they were either republicans or plants... but the fact is, many black voters are also anti gay. They don't support it because they don't wan't gay rights to be a CIVIL RIGHTS issue. Lets see if Obama goes against his biggest block of voters and does anything for gay rights during his tenure...

Last edited:
Democrats never look at how voting blocks feel/think about certain issues. They just assume they "own" the opinions and votes of them all because they are so very special and cool. Did all of you Obots not see the Black Theology/Christian hecklers at Obama's rally with signs against homosexuality? Yes, I know the brain washed masses just ASSUMED they were either republicans or plants... but the fact is, many black voters are also anti gay. They don't support it because they don't wan't gay rights to be a CIVIL RIGHTS issue. Lets see if Obama goes against his biggest block of voters and does anything for gay rights during his tenure...
American voters are sick of homos attacking their moral values and trying to force a perverted gay agenda.

They just want the homos to get back in their closet and shut up!!

I didn't mention religion in my post.

I was talking about child safety. Any parent, be they atheist or religious, needs to protect their children from predators.

I DO protect my son from predators. That's why I keep him AWAY from all religious zealots and bigots, no matter what faith they may be. Sorry if you have a problem with that, but thankfully, it's not MY burden to carry.

Got any STATISTICS to indicate HOW "many black voters are anti-gay?" Anywhere? I'll wait.

American voters are sick of homos attacking their moral values and trying to force a perverted gay agenda. They just want the homos to get back in their closet and shut up!!

Too bad for you and the rest of the anti-gay bigots that you're not going to get your wish this time. And don't be so arrogant as to seriously believe you speak for ALL American voters. You DON'T speak for me.

Democrats never look at how voting blocks feel/think about certain issues.

Well, now there's a fascinating statement. I guess it wouldn't do any good to identify some of the very people who do that for the DNC, eh?

They just assume they "own" the opinions and votes of them all because they are so very special and cool.

I don't think that is true, but I have seen the effort on behalf of the republicans to create the mythological BELIEF that it is true. They do this by chanting it over and over again until people of low-intelligence start believing it.

Did all of you Obots not see the Black Theology/Christian hecklers at Obama's rally with signs against homosexuality?

No. When people are working to rally support, they don't get all flipped out by a little opposition.

Frankly, it just proves to me that the very people that Right-Wingers claim are "voting in lockstep," are actually quite diverse in their thinking.

Yes, I know the brain washed masses just ASSUMED they were either republicans or plants... but the fact is, many black voters are also anti gay.

I knew that. But having a few democrats who are anti-gay doesn't make gays evil nor does it mean that they are automatically right.
And the idea that people who are so far removed from the normal platform of the democratic party should consider joining the republicans is not an old or foreign one.

They don't support it because they don't wan't gay rights to be a CIVIL RIGHTS issue.

Well, currently they may want in one hand, and shit in the other and then compare the relative weight.
Civil Rights are Civil Rights.
Secular Civil Marriage is a civil issue and if we could ever agree that certain segments have a RIGHT to marry- then we'd have to say that SOME are having that CIVIL RIGHT removed.
It's OK by me if a few people hate hearing that- most of them were unhappy to begin with...

Lets see if Obama goes against his biggest block of voters and does anything for gay rights during his tenure...

Sorry, but Obama didn't RUN as "The Black Candidate," much as people want to think so.
Blacks voted for Obama for the same reason that I did: We considered him the better choice.
The same reason that whites voted for McCain.

It isn't always politically expedient to stick up for people who SEEM to represent a small minority- but I think this time will be different.

There is no societal gain by locking gays out of civil marriage. None but division and unrest in a time when we need unity.
The Supreme Court will probably take this issue up, and when they do opponents will have to show JUST CAUSE for denying this right to an otherwise law-abiding demographic...

Rome failed for several other reasons - you could make the coincidental excuse that they wore togas and that be the reason why failed. Homosexuality had nothing to do with Rome's failure.

Pedophilia is a mental disorder. Homosexuality is not. You're comparing adult homosexuals who just want to have the same rights as you and I do, to sick, disgusting pedophiles. You don't see the difference because you don't surround yourself with diverse people. Not only do I live in NYC, but I'm in the art scene... almost everyone I know is either gay or bi-sexual or has a friend who is. It's about as normal in NYC as being Mormon in Utah. Do Utahians think there's anything wrong with Mormonism?

Some 15% of Utahns do. The rest are all Mormon so of course they don't. It was a very touching speech by Keith. Normally Keith gets on my nerves. I prefer O'Reilly, Keith seems like he is so slanted left that like when I watch him I almost get a stomach ache. But yeah in his own way his gay speech was sweet.

There is no societal gain by locking gays out of civil marriage. None but division and unrest in a time when we need unity.
The Supreme Court will probably take this issue up, and when they do opponents will have to show JUST CAUSE for denying this right to an otherwise law-abiding demographic...

Very true. So far, I have yet to see ANY compelling argument against gay marriage other than the lame ones along the "god hates fags" line. Which is hardly worth taking seriously, despite the claims of the anti-gay religious fundamentalists of all faiths claiming it is.

Very true. So far, I have yet to see ANY compelling argument against gay marriage other than the lame ones along the "god hates fags" line. Which is hardly worth taking seriously, despite the claims of the anti-gay religious fundamentalists of all faiths claiming it is.
As closed minded as you are, I doubt you will ever acknowledge any argument against sodomite marriage.

As closed minded as you are, I doubt you will ever acknowledge any argument against sodomite marriage.

Oh PLEASE. I've seen YOUR so-called "arguments" against gay marriage. They are neither intelligent nor are they compelling.

Forum List

Back