Just wondering why a lot of blacks cannot speak English

Trying to be serious here.

Why is it a lot of American born blacks cannot speak English?
They hear the words spoken correctly on TV and in movies and by school teachers. They see the words written in magazines, comic books, and school books. They hear other people speaking the words correctly...........so WHY is it THEY cannot speak correct English?

Axed instead of ASK
Sposibly instead of SUPPOSEDLY
Prolly instead of PROBABLY
and many more words I've yet to decypher.

I was talking to one black I.T. guy at work and I could BARELY understand anything he was saying. And he kept saying "deckstop" instead of DESKTOP!! He slurred his words together, and sounded like verbal mashed potatoes.

So why is it they can't speak proper English, when they are around it all the time and taught it in school?

Colin-Farrell-Shrug-In-Bruges.gif
Yeah, why can't the blacks speak correct English, like this guy..

Wright, Richard L. “Sociolinguistic and Ideological Dynamics of the Ebonics Controversy.” The Journal of Negro Education, vol. 67, no. 1, Journal of Negro Education, 1998, pp. 5–15, Sociolinguistic and Ideological Dynamics of the Ebonics Controversy on JSTOR.

That's Ebonics though. Something that was literally laughed out of the schools and courts.
Ebonics is just lazy fuktards language.

It's not the same as saying certain words incorrectly when you've been raised around the correct pronunciation all of your life.

That's Ebonics though. Something that was literally laughed out of the schools and courts.
Ebonics is just lazy fuktards language.

It's not the same as saying certain words incorrectly when you've been raised around the correct pronunciation all of your life.
Read the article I linked for you. You might begin to learn something.

Trying to be serious here.

Why is it a lot of American born blacks cannot speak English?
They hear the words spoken correctly on TV and in movies and by school teachers. They see the words written in magazines, comic books, and school books. They hear other people speaking the words correctly...........so WHY is it THEY cannot speak correct English?

Axed instead of ASK
Sposibly instead of SUPPOSEDLY
Prolly instead of PROBABLY
and many more words I've yet to decypher.

I was talking to one black I.T. guy at work and I could BARELY understand anything he was saying. And he kept saying "deckstop" instead of DESKTOP!! He slurred his words together, and sounded like verbal mashed potatoes.

So why is it they can't speak proper English, when they are around it all the time and taught it in school?

There is your answer.

Tryin' t'be serious here. What it is, Mama. Right On! Why be it some lot uh American bo'n blacks kinnot speak English? Dey hear de wo'ds spoken co'rectly on TV and in movies and by farm teachers. Dey see da damn wo'ds written in issue of GQs, comic scribblin's, and farm scribblin's. Dey hear oda' sucka's speakin' de wo'ds co'rectly. Slap mah fro. Right On!..........so WHY be it THEY kinnot speak co'rect English? Axed instead uh ASK Sposibly instead uh SUPPOSEDLY Prolly instead uh PROBABLY and many mo'e wo'ds I've yet t'decypher. Ah be baaad... I wuz rapin' t'one broda' I.T. guy at wo'k and ah' could BARELY dig it anydin' he wuz sayin'. And he kept sayin' "deckstop" instead uh DESKTOP. Right On!. Right On! He slurred his wo'ds togeder, and sounded likes verbal mashed potatoes. So why be it dey kin't speak propa' English, when dey are around it all de time and taught it in farm?

I went to schools with loads and loads of black students. It was rare to know one who cared about learning anything.

Most spoke in some kind of butchered southern drawl. They would often mispronounce even commonly used words, and would slur and drag across many parts of words. As long as they understood each other none of them seemed to give a fuck about 'correct' English.

In print, I saw it described, several times, as ' lazy English.' That's as good a description as any, imo, because most of those 'students' didn't seem to care about much of anything, except for fucking off until the end of the school day.

I've known blacks who are intelligent and well spoken, but they've been the exception, certainly not the rule.

White teaachers are afraid to correct them
So ebonics becomes the rule

Forum List

Back