Just who is the Federalists Society

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Donors to the Federalist Society include Google, Chevron, Charles G. and David H. Koch; the family foundation of Richard Mellon Scaife; and the Mercer family.

Snip

Members of the society helped to encourage President George W. Bush’s decision to terminate a nearly half-century-old practice of rating qualifications for office for judicial nominees by the American Bar Association. Since the administration of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, the American Bar Association provided the service to presidents of both parties and the nation by vetting the qualifications of those under consideration for lifetime appointment to the federal judiciary. The society alleged that the bar association showed a liberal bias in its recommendations.[16][17][18] Examples given included that while former Supreme Court clerks nominated to the Court of Appeals by Democrats had an average rating of slightly below "well qualified", similar Republican nominees were rated on average as only "qualified/well qualified." In addition the bar association gave Ronald Reagan's judicial nominees Richard Posner and Frank H. Easterbrook its lowest possible ratings of "qualified/not qualified",[19] and Judges Posner and Easterbrook have gone on to become the two most highly cited judges in the federal appellate judiciary.[20]

In The Federalist Society by Michael Avery and Danielle McLaughlin, the authors write that every federal judge appointed by both President George H.W. Bush and President George W. Bush was either a member, or was approved by members of the society.[8] Avery and McLaughlin write that the society is primarily a "group of intellectuals."[21]

The society helped to assemble the list of 21 people from which Donald Trump said he would choose a nominee to replace Antonin Scalia on the U.S. Supreme Court. Nine of the 21 individuals spoke at the society's annual convention in late November 2016, while nearly all of the others were in attendance

Federalist Society - Wikipedia

-------------------------------------------------------------
So Democrats are under qualified. I suggest these white racist move to Africa and you can start over from scratch and go back in time to the 1800's. Then Africa can be a Libertarian nation or Federalist nation. (PS- I'm aware this is wiki so follow the links)

The better question is what is the American Bar Association, and why should their collective opinion hold more weight than the Federalist Society?

So Democrats are under qualified.
For objectivity and independent thought, yeah most of 'em are WAY underqualified which explains why they became Democrat sheeple in the first place.

I suggest these white racist move to Africa and you can start over from scratch and go back in time to the 1800's. Then Africa can be a Libertarian nation or Federalist nation.

FYI: The United States is a federalist nation, has been since its founding, not sure why you attempted to associate libertarians with Africa but I guess I can chalk it up to ignorance producing odd side effects.

For objectivity and independent thought, yeah most of 'em are WAY underqualified which explains why they became Democrat sheeple in the first place.

I suggest these white racist move to Africa and you can start over from scratch and go back in time to the 1800's. Then Africa can be a Libertarian nation or Federalist nation.

FYI: The United States is a federalist nation, has been since its founding, not sure why you attempted to associate libertarians with Africa but I guess I can chalk it up to ignorance producing odd side effects.

Its a democracy. It has always been maj rules.
George Washington - President of the United States (POTUS) Vote for Washington for Potus.

Congress is maj rule. Why do they even vote???

Who were the federalist?
Federalists. Along with John Jay and Alexander Hamilton, James Madison penned The Federalist Papers. The supporters of the proposed Constitution called themselves "Federalists." Their adopted name implied a commitment to a loose, decentralized system of government.

Yes we are considered a federalist nation whereas the the states have ind. rule and a Fed Gov.

I have an idea , lets get rid of the military and just have state militias. No federal gov at all. Let ban the United in states. Does that sound good?

Every state has its own militia and I'm not talking the NG, I mean after all they are the ones who will get rid of the Fed Gov.

Africa is a nation.

Why am I always the last to find out?

Its a continent. Its full of countries. They can start over there, they will even have Africa has lots of blacks , lets see them change them up again.

By the way, if they want to go back to the Constitution, that means we go back to slavery, or are they, the new conservatives going to pick and choose???

Its a democracy. It has always been maj rules.
Er... no... The United States isn't a majority rule democracy, it's a Republic with some democratic aspects, the individual constituent sovereign entities that make up the Republic commonly known as "The States" are closer to majority rule democracies but even with the states there are limits, for example the majority can't vote away your right to free speech. One would think that Sheeple-D would have learned that lesson after the Duchess of Benghazi lost to Donny the Clown even though she managed to garner a majority of the national vote.

In any case Federalism and Democracy aren't mutually exclusive.

Congress is maj rule. Why do they even vote???
The U.S. Congress as currently configured isn't majority rule.

Africa is a nation.

Its a continent. Its full of countries. They can start over there, they will even have Africa has lots of blacks , lets see them change them up again.

By the way, if they want to go back to the Constitution, that means we go back to slavery, or are they, the new conservatives going to pick and choose???
The Constitution included two provisions to discourage slavery.

The Democratic Party, however, emerged in the 1820s to challenge our principles and institutions.

Africa is a nation.

The Democratic Party, however, emerged in the 1820s to challenge our principles and institutions.

No the society wants to go back to the original Constitution.

In the beginning, the United States was a republic. Since the 1820s, popular will has been democratizing the country, one bite at a time.

Even before that, the leftists dispensed with the Articles of Confederation for an instrument that created a stronger central authority.

Africa is a nation.

No the society wants to go back to the original Constitution.
Yea, so what? They want slavery, too?

Do you listen to yourself?

Good gawd.

You have to be a mole.

Are you saying its not maj rule??? Explain why we vote and congress votes. I will be waiting.

It's a Republic. Are you familiar with the Articles of Confederation?
Good gawd.

You have to be a mole.

Are you saying its not maj rule??? Explain why we vote and congress votes. I will be waiting.

It's a Republic. Are you familiar with the Articles of Confederation?

You mean when we had 13 states and it was 1777 and we didn't' have a Fed Gov or military.

Forum List

Back