Just kill the health bill, please!

Democrats don't kill themselves. They kill the unborn, very old and sick, my appetite and our liberties.

That pretty much sums it up in present times.

Very sad what has become of our political leaders.

Thought the last crop of Republicans were useless.

Then came 2006 and I thought, "Hmmm, this does not appear much better."

Then came Obama in 2008 and I thought, "Oh boy, this is gonna be bad."

Now even I can't believe how bad things are getting - how reckless the Obama-Pelosi-Reid combo in trampling the democrat process and attempting the most dangerously blatant governmental power grab of the modern era.

This shit is really getting out of hand...

Washington politics has never been the same since the Clinton sex scandal.

Then came the USSC Bush v. Gore decision.

Then came the attacks of 911.

Then came the two wars and deep tax cuts simultaneously.

Then came Katrina and the other devastating hurricanes, and the awful inyourface realization of the extent of poverty in this country.

Then came the first woman and the first black man to campaign for the presidency.

Then came the first black man to win it.

All of the above has contributed to an "us vs. them" mentality, not just in Washington but on every street corner and hamlet in America. And I don't see it ending anytime soon. My sympathies go out to the younger generations who will try.

As someone said earlier, the problem is that the Dems tried to please everyone
Who said that? No one that I saw.

Because it's wrong. They did NOT try to please everyone.

I went back to find the post. I failed, my apologies. I might have been paraphrasing Xeno's first post (#14) but, I thought that someone had said something similar to that. It WAS a paraphrase, not an exact quote or I would have quoted them.

And no, the Dems did not try to please everyone... they only wanted us to think they were trying to please everyone. But, then, neither did they please no one and the rest of my statement went on. They would have been quite pleased to have control of 1/6th of the economy.

Immie
What they did was, FAR over-reached to the hard left. SO far that they couldn't get it down the throats of even their own caucus.

What they did was, FAR over-reached to the hard left. SO far that they couldn't get it down the throats of even their own caucus.

Which is really quite surprising given the Dem caucus' tendency to blow each other.

Who said that? No one that I saw.

Because it's wrong. They did NOT try to please everyone.

I went back to find the post. I failed, my apologies. I might have been paraphrasing Xeno's first post (#14) but, I thought that someone had said something similar to that. It WAS a paraphrase, not an exact quote or I would have quoted them.

And no, the Dems did not try to please everyone... they only wanted us to think they were trying to please everyone. But, then, neither did they please no one and the rest of my statement went on. They would have been quite pleased to have control of 1/6th of the economy.

Immie

Agreed, but don't forget, they think we worship them and that they know what is best for us.

Immie

Immie

Agreed, but don't forget, they think we worship them and that they know what is best for us.

Immie
Actually, they thought their super majority gave them a "mandate" to do whatever they wanted.

But agreed, they have nothing but disdain for the voters.

As Tocqueville noted long ago: Democracy often devolves into the Tyranny of the Majority.

This is why our form of government was set up with checks and balances to protect the minority. The Dems are ignoring them - this won't end well for them (or us).

Nobody is factoring in that Democrats are going to push for Amnesty for some 30 Million Illegals in the near future. They will have to be covered under this plan as well. Their $1 Trillion number is an extremely low estimate at best. It will likely end up costing ten times that number in the end. Maybe even more. Their plan just doesn't add up in my opinion. It is time to kill it. Both sides will try to demonize each other but it's really not about that. It's the numbers that count in the end. The Democrat numbers just aren't very realistic.

There has never been, nor will there be, a "push" for blanket amnesty. Where do you people get this information, or is making it up supposed to make it factual?

Lyrics: (To the tune of "My Girl Bill")

Kill, the bill
Kill kill, the bill
How may times do we got to tell you kill the
Kill the bill

And, of course, Armey was correct...LOL

Yes, abort this bill

The Armey Medicare/Social Security allegations have zero to do with the current health care bill. He just tossed that out there so The Stupids would think so.

It's become obvious that the conservatives have won the battle, though not the war. The lies persist, the same ones that were shouted out at last summer's town hall meetings, summarized here:

Twenty-six Lies About H.R. 3200 | FactCheck.org

And this latest one: An outrageous statement by Dick Armey on CNN that "Christian Scientists who do not sign up for Medicare will lose their Social Security Benefits."

I have searched the Christian Science website, the Christian Science Monitor's website, and even Dick Armey's Freedomworks website; the Social Security Administration website, and the Department of Health and Human Services website, and can find nothing, nada, zip referring to any such thing. There isn't a single reference, nor even a single blogger's voice of concern that this has or would ever happen. Why? Because it would mean amending both the Social Security Act and the Medicare Act to exclude a religious body. It's just more fearmongering, which is typical of maniacs like Armey for which outright lying is as natural as taking a shit.

Transcript excerpt from CNN.com - Transcripts, 3/16/10, John Roberts and Dick Armey:

It's simply time to concede defeat. The bill has become such an enormous mishmash by trying to appease every special interest, including full explanations therein refuting the bogus claims by the right, that it simply isn't worth any more effort.

[Copies of this have been e-mailed to my respective legislators.]

I would have believed the democrats had my best interest at heart, yep, except for the fact that they voted down the amendment that said they should put themselves under the same health care reform bill they passed for us. Yup iffen it ain't good enough for them then I don't want it.

call the Whitehouse switchboard and request your representative Ask why they did this. If it is good enough for me and my family why not theirs. especially since we are paying the bill for their coverage. give them what they are going to give us!!!!
1-202-224-3121
call now!!!!! Let these bastards know we do not want this!!!!

What's the toll free number?

Nobody is factoring in that Democrats are going to push for Amnesty for some 30 Million Illegals in the near future. They will have to be covered under this plan as well. Their $1 Trillion number is an extremely low estimate at best. It will likely end up costing ten times that number in the end. Maybe even more. Their plan just doesn't add up in my opinion. It is time to kill it. Both sides will try to demonize each other but it's really not about that. It's the numbers that count in the end. The Democrat numbers just aren't very realistic.

There has never been, nor will there be, a "push" for blanket amnesty. Where do you people get this information, or is making it up supposed to make it factual?

How can you say there never will be?

Dems cater to the "poor" voting segment. If they think pushing for blanket amnesty will win them votes, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will find a way to offer amnesty to the illegals. And if the Dems don't find the way, you can bet that Republicans will.

Immie

Maybe from all of the DNC campaigning in the minority communities? Scratch the maybe.

...All right, well, a lot of those folks, your employer, it’s estimated, would see premiums fall by as much as 3000%, which means they could give you a raise!----Barack LOL Obama
says a whopper like this one and where is the press? Is this Obama's mission accomplished!!! If only he was a republican you would be hearing STOP THE PRESSES FRONT PAGE 24/7
Waiting for the comment from the Whitehouse that it was a teleprompter error or George Bush wrote this speech!!!
I don't know which statement is dumber, this statement about a 3000% savings or there are 57 States in the Union.

I would have believed the democrats had my best interest at heart, yep, except for the fact that they voted down the amendment that said they should put themselves under the same health care reform bill they passed for us. Yup iffen it ain't good enough for them then I don't want it.

call the Whitehouse switchboard and request your representative Ask why they did this. If it is good enough for me and my family why not theirs. especially since we are paying the bill for their coverage. give them what they are going to give us!!!!
1-202-224-3121
call now!!!!! Let these bastards know we do not want this!!!!

What's the toll free number?

Busy! Busy! Busy!

I think it's dead.. the only thing more dead are those who vote for it. Assuming they do the legal thing and actually vote...

I don't get why these folks are doing it... a solid majority of the American people DON'T want it... it is suicide. I guess hard core Marxism takes the day.

A cpommon lie. Link, or you are a liar as well.

Just 34% Say Passing Health Care Bill is Better Than Passing Nothing - Rasmussen Reports

Better snap those blinders back into place fast.

And I am pretty sure that these polls have been shown here before. But you already knew that. :eusa_hand: :eusa_liar:

:lol: Rasmussen--ever the favorite of the cons. Surprise surprise.

Dems had enough votes before. Why didn't they pass it then?

:lol:

Huh? It passed out of the House and then out of the Senate. Hello? It then went to conference (the usual route) to create a single bill. Pay attention. Oops, too late now.
Wrong.

TWO different bills were "passed." They are currently trying to reconcile the Senate version. The House version is dead.Try to keep up.

Oh and, you didn't trouble yourself to answer this:
It's become obvious that the conservatives have won the battle
Lost on you apparently is the fact that the Dems could have passed health care reform quite easily, had they only crafted a bill that was palatable to 100% of its own legislators.

GOP votes and support weren't needed, a reasonable bill, was.
Wonder why?:rofl:

What do you think happens in conference committees? The two bills are "reconciled." I'm very knowledgeable on this subject; you apparently not so much.

As for your second comment, I did answer it. Do try to keep up.

Just kill the health bill, please!

The first thing I've heard you say that made any sense whatsoever.

I've been saying kill it long before now. I've known from the getgo how this would play out. It will die on the vine, again, and when the dust settles and another five years of increased health costs starts burning holes in the pockets of the more affluent, maybe then something will be done.
Has it occurred to you that we have not been talking about Health Care REFORM for over a year now? What we are talking about is to prevent a takeover of 1/6 of the economy and our freedoms by an ever-increasing government. None of this is going to save a dime, IF THAT'S WHAT YOU SEEM TO BE WORRIED ABOUT. The only way you're going to see a savings is if there is real reform; the Republicans have some of the answers. It would be best for all concerned if you so-called "progressives" would toss this dream of universal health care and start getting realistic. I don't care if Obama gets the credit if that's what it takes to get the Republican plan passed and the Democratic plan dumped.

Huh? It passed out of the House and then out of the Senate. Hello? It then went to conference (the usual route) to create a single bill. Pay attention. Oops, too late now.
Wrong.

TWO different bills were "passed." They are currently trying to reconcile the Senate version. The House version is dead.Try to keep up.

Oh and, you didn't trouble yourself to answer this:
Lost on you apparently is the fact that the Dems could have passed health care reform quite easily, had they only crafted a bill that was palatable to 100% of its own legislators.

GOP votes and support weren't needed, a reasonable bill, was.
Wonder why?:rofl:

What do you think happens in conference committees? The two bills are "reconciled." I'm very knowledgeable on this subject; you apparently not so much.
Your spin is hilarious. The TWO bills are NOT being reconciled, only the one that passed the Senate is.
As for your second comment, I did answer it. Do try to keep up.
You "answered" it AFTER I challenged you on it again, look at the post numbers and timestamps, idiot.

It would be nice if the people could vote on bills of this magnitude.

It would eliminate alot of the back and forth, and our politicians on all sides would be forced to do the right things.

But, it's just wishful thinking on my part.
Too Ross Perot-ish. Democracy doesn't cut it here in America.

Forum List

Back