Just kill the health bill, please!

It's become obvious that the conservatives have won the battle, though not the war. The lies persist, the same ones that were shouted out at last summer's town hall meetings, summarized here:

Twenty-six Lies About H.R. 3200 | FactCheck.org

August 28, 2009? In political time, this article is considered ancient history.

It isn't ancient history because it is the HOUSE bill, which is in the process of reconciliation with the SENATE bill to create a single bill. Have you been listening to the teapartiers today? They're saying the same things they all were yelling about last summer. So it's hardly "history" which was my first point, by the way.

Oh I'm quite certain we'll see Pelosi, Reid, Obama, etc. at the free clinic when we go....

At least you're confessing through ignorance that you don't have a clue that this isn't about health clinics, it's about insurance coverage.

It's become obvious that the conservatives have won the battle, though not the war. The lies persist, the same ones that were shouted out at last summer's town hall meetings, summarized here:

And this latest one: An outrageous statement by Dick Armey on CNN that "Christian Scientists who do not sign up for Medicare will lose their Social Security Benefits."

I have searched the Christian Science website, the Christian Science Monitor's website, and even Dick Armey's Freedomworks website; the Social Security Administration website, and the Department of Health and Human Services website, and can find nothing, nada, zip referring to any such thing. There isn't a single reference, nor even a single blogger's voice of concern that this has or would ever happen. Why? Because it would mean amending both the Social Security Act and the Medicare Act to exclude a religious body. It's just more fearmongering, which is typical of maniacs like Armey for which outright lying is as natural as taking a shit.

Transcript excerpt from CNN.com - Transcripts, 3/16/10, John Roberts and Dick Armey:
ARMEY: No. When -- look, when they trespass against our freedom by issuing mandates and what products we must buy.

I'll give you an example. Today, just by virtue of a policy memorandum written in the Department of Health and Human Services -- no law, no regulation -- a policy memorandum written among themselves. Today, if you are a Christian scientist and you do not sign up for Medicare, you lose your Social Security.

Nobody put that into law. Where did it come from? It came from their pure audacity and their need to be in charge.

So, you take a person, who, by religious conviction, has never attended a physician in his entire life and will never do so, and you say you must sign up for this federal government program or you lose your life-savings which you were forced to put into a bad program in the first place. Now, are you telling me that that's respect for our freedom? That is an audacity of control. And we have these folks in our family, we call them control freaks and we avoid them.

It's simply time to concede defeat. The bill has become such an enormous mishmash by trying to appease every special interest, including full explanations therein refuting the bogus claims by the right, that it simply isn't worth any more effort.

[Copies of this have been e-mailed to my respective legislators.]

I would have believed the democrats had my best interest at heart, yep, except for the fact that they voted down the amendment that said they should put themselves under the same health care reform bill they passed for us. Yup iffen it ain't good enough for them then I don't want it.

call the Whitehouse switchboard and request your representative Ask why they did this. If it is good enough for me and my family why not theirs. especially since we are paying the bill for their coverage. give them what they are going to give us!!!!
1-202-224-3121
call now!!!!! Let these bastards know we do not want this!!!!

I see the usuals have nothing to say about Armey's latest bullshit. Interesting. When facts get in the way, just ignore the subject.

And this latest one: An outrageous statement by Dick Armey on CNN that "Christian Scientists who do not sign up for Medicare will lose their Social Security Benefits."

I have searched the Christian Science website, the Christian Science Monitor's website, and even Dick Armey's Freedomworks website; the Social Security Administration website, and the Department of Health and Human Services website, and can find nothing, nada, zip referring to any such thing. There isn't a single reference, nor even a single blogger's voice of concern that this has or would ever happen. Why? Because it would mean amending both the Social Security Act and the Medicare Act to exclude a religious body. It's just more fearmongering, which is typical of maniacs like Armey for which outright lying is as natural as taking a shit.

Transcript excerpt from CNN.com - Transcripts, 3/16/10, John Roberts and Dick Armey:

It's simply time to concede defeat. The bill has become such an enormous mishmash by trying to appease every special interest, including full explanations therein refuting the bogus claims by the right, that it simply isn't worth any more effort.

I would have believed the democrats had my best interest at heart, yep, except for the fact that they voted down the amendment that said they should put themselves under the same health care reform bill they passed for us. Yup iffen it ain't good enough for them then I don't want it.

call the Whitehouse switchboard and request your representative Ask why they did this. If it is good enough for me and my family why not theirs. especially since we are paying the bill for their coverage. give them what they are going to give us!!!!
1-202-224-3121
call now!!!!! Let these bastards know we do not want this!!!!

Hey fishwife, you don't get to talk to your representative by calling the White House. They don't live there.

ARMEY: No. When -- look, when they trespass against our freedom by issuing mandates and what products we must buy.

I'll give you an example. Today, just by virtue of a policy memorandum written in the Department of Health and Human Services -- no law, no regulation -- a policy memorandum written among themselves. Today, if you are a Christian scientist and you do not sign up for Medicare, you lose your Social Security.

Nobody put that into law. Where did it come from? It came from their pure audacity and their need to be in charge.

So, you take a person, who, by religious conviction, has never attended a physician in his entire life and will never do so, and you say you must sign up for this federal government program or you lose your life-savings which you were forced to put into a bad program in the first place. Now, are you telling me that that's respect for our freedom? That is an audacity of control. And we have these folks in our family, we call them control freaks and we avoid them.

So much noise here... It happen when there is no knowledge about the subject.

FYI, with today's policy, if you want to opt out from Medicare and pay for your own health care, government will not let you receive the Social Security benefits for which you have spent a lifetime paying taxes. It doesn't matter if you are christian, muslim, atheist... it's the same policy for everyone.

For those who wants to know more about this case look for Brian Hall v. Charles E. Johnson.

WillowTree said:

That's also not true.

Congress Exempt from Health Bill? | FactCheck.org

Yes it is.

Breitbart.tv Most Dems Vote Down Amendment Requiring Pols to Sign On to Public Option

Want to bet!!!!It is the switchboard number call it moron instead of acting like a twitt!!!! They will connect you to your representative. try it I do it all the time. Sometimes it takes a while to get through but these people know about it when this happens.. Scares the shit out of these weasels when the switchboard gets jammed up and closed down!!!! Lets them know the people are not falling for their shit anymore!!!!

I wonder if "fact"(sic)check.org has factchecked the bill?

I see they have factchecked the critics of the bill.

Same old, same old. :rolleyes:

No. Not while Im paying huge bills and copays. No way.

And just exactly how do you think this bill will change YOUR circumstances?

...All right, well, a lot of those folks, your employer, it’s estimated, would see premiums fall by as much as 3000%, which means they could give you a raise!----Barack LOL Obama
says a whopper like this one and where is the press? Is this Obama's mission accomplished!!! If only he was a republican you would be hearing STOP THE PRESSES FRONT PAGE 24/7
Waiting for the comment from the Whitehouse that it was a teleprompter error or George Bush wrote this speech!!!

Ame®icano;2103579 said:

FYI, with today's policy, if you want to opt out from Medicare and pay for your own health care, government will not let you receive the Social Security benefits for which you have spent a lifetime paying taxes. It doesn't matter if you are christian, muslim, atheist... it's the same policy for everyone.

For those who wants to know more about this case look for Brian Hall v. Charles E. Johnson.

When someone becomes eligible to collect Social Security, s/he automatically is enrolled in Medicare Part A. Part B has always been optional. Nothing in the statutes creating the Medicare program and no law allows the federal government to sanction or discipline someone for opting out of Medicare Part A.

In the cited case, DHHS makes that case, saying "...The policy identifies no language from the actual Social Security or Medicare laws that supports it. Indeed, both laws say that anybody who meets age and eligibility requirements “shall be entitled” [emphasis added] to benefits under each program. The “shall” means that the government must pay up if asked, and the “entitled” means to have a right to something."

Thank you for finding something on this matter. I still maintain that Armey's blanket statement was intended to cause hysterics, since he implied that it was the Obama Administration that had perpetrated this so-called inequity when in fact it's something that has been on the record as policy since Medicare was enacted. AND, Armey subtly implied that it had something to do with the current health care reform bill. More hysterics for anyone unable to read between [his] lines.

Ame®icano;2103579 said:

When someone becomes eligible to collect Social Security, s/he automatically is enrolled in Medicare Part A. Part B has always been optional. Nothing in the statutes creating the Medicare program and no law allows the federal government to sanction or discipline someone for opting out of Medicare Part A.

In the cited case, DHHS makes that case, saying "...The policy identifies no language from the actual Social Security or Medicare laws that supports it. Indeed, both laws say that anybody who meets age and eligibility requirements “shall be entitled” [emphasis added] to benefits under each program. The “shall” means that the government must pay up if asked, and the “entitled” means to have a right to something."

Thank you for finding something on this matter. I still maintain that Armey's blanket statement was intended to cause hysterics, since he implied that it was the Obama Administration that had perpetrated this so-called inequity when in fact it's something that has been on the record as policy since Medicare was enacted. AND, Armey subtly implied that it had something to do with the current health care reform bill. More hysterics for anyone unable to read between [his] lines.

silly girl.. some are eligible for ss at 62,, medicare is automatic at 65,, silly silly girl..

Just kill the health bill, please!

The first thing I've heard you say that made any sense whatsoever.

I've been saying kill it long before now. I've known from the getgo how this would play out. It will die on the vine, again, and when the dust settles and another five years of increased health costs starts burning holes in the pockets of the more affluent, maybe then something will be done.

Ame®icano;2103579 said:

silly girl.. some are eligible for ss at 62,, medicare is automatic at 65,, silly silly girl..

Sometimes I just presume (silly me) that people understand those basics (on page one) and I don't need to reiterate.

It would be nice if the people could vote on bills of this magnitude.

It would eliminate alot of the back and forth, and our politicians on all sides would be forced to do the right things.

But, it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Forum List

Back