Just going to say, being a Christian in 2018 is very difficult.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The two faced politics of the world with so many focusing on harming America and Western liberty (many in positions of power within my own country!). It's turning the other cheek, avoiding mean words to describe certain people and trying NOT to despise them that I am finding increasingly difficult at times.

Thank you for your time.

That is all. As you were.

Historically speaking ... wasn't it always pretty difficult?

foxes-book-of-martyrs.gif

The two faced politics of the world with so many focusing on harming America and Western liberty (many in positions of power within my own country!). It's turning the other cheek, avoiding mean words to describe certain people and trying NOT to despise them that I am finding increasingly difficult at times.

Thank you for your time.

You must choose between your politics and the teachings that Jesus delivered in the Sermon on the Mount, then all becomes clear. Believing in Jesus and his teachings is different than your politics. Your notions of "harming America and Western liberty" have absolutely nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus. Sometimes they are glaringly inconsistent.

Thank you for your time.

Well, first, I am not Canadian and my nation (Thank God) has not made speech illegal. Nor, per the First Amendment, could it. I can say that abortion and homosexuality is a sin and not worry for jail time and etc.

That said, however. Being a Christian has always been "very difficult" and that, I'm guessing, has always been an internal battle first. Even Paul said "Who can save me from this body of death"? (Romans 7:24). Despite the preachings of the "prosperity gospel" (which is no Gospel at all), Christianity has never been about comfort. That's why Jesus called it the narrow road.

One more thing. I don't think we were ever meant not to despise evil DEEDS and ideas. In 2018 everything is a mushy jumble. We cannot separate people from ideas. Some people have some very, very awful ideas. For example, I abhor abortion: I hate it. But I do not hate the women who have had abortions, and I can say this with a clear conscience.

Modern people actually hate that I hate abortion and not the women. They don't understand it.They hate that I hate evil. They have not been taught to hate evil ideas. The are allergic to the very proposition. They don't even understand good and evil anymore, so that *I* am actually evil for understanding it. That's where we are. But I don't care; I will speak it while I still can.

Thank you for your time.

You must choose between your politics and the teachings that Jesus delivered in the Sermon on the Mount, then all becomes clear. Believing in Jesus and his teachings is different than your politics. Your notions of "harming America and Western liberty" have absolutely nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus. Sometimes they are glaringly inconsistent.

No, they are not. Because you think Jesus said give all your money to the government and then the government will redistribute the money to the poor.

Um no, Jesus did not say that. It was a terrible idea then and it's a terrible idea now.

Thank you for your time.

C'mon, admit it, you hate Muslims.

Thank you for your time.

Well, first, I am not Canadian and my nation (Thank God) has not made speech illegal. Nor, per the First Amendment, could it. I can say that abortion and homosexuality is a sin and not worry for jail time and etc.

That said, however. Being a Christian has always been "very difficult" and that, I'm guessing, has always been an internal battle first. Even Paul said "Who can save me from this body of death"? (Romans 7:24). Despite the preachings of the "prosperity gospel" (which is no Gospel at all), Christianity has never been about comfort. That's why Jesus called it the narrow road.

One more thing. I don't think we were ever meant not to despise evil DEEDS and ideas. In 2018 everything is a mushy jumble. We cannot separate people from ideas. Some people have some very, very awful ideas. For example, I abhor abortion: I hate it. But I do not hate the women who have had abortions, and I can say this with a clear conscience.

Modern people actually hate that I hate abortion and not the women. They don't understand it.They hate that I hate evil. They have not been taught to hate evil ideas. The are allergic to the very proposition. They don't even understand good and evil anymore, so that *I* am actually evil for understanding it. That's where we are. But I don't care; I will speak it while I still can.
Is it evil for someone to purposely make a deformed baby in constant pain?

Thank you for your time.

No, they are not. Because you think Jesus said give all your money to the government and then the government will redistribute the money to the poor.

Um no, Jesus did not say that. It was a terrible idea then and it's a terrible idea now.

Nobody said "give all your money to the government." And this is not what has been done in the U.S. But helping people who need help is definitely consistent with the teachings of Jesus. Keeping to all to yourself is not.

The people today who loudly advertise that they are Christians, are not Christians.

Thank you for your time.

If so many of your fellow christians weren't working so hard at making normal people despise them it might get a little easier for you.

Police your own.

Thank you for your time.

If so many of your fellow christians weren't working so hard at making normal people despise them it might get a little easier for you.

Police your own.

The people calling themselves Christians today are not actually Christians. People like graham, jeffress, perkins, focus on the family, the family research council prostitute the Christian faith for their own purposes.

Except for some of the monkeys here, I have NEVER heard or seen a Christian of any stripe be persecuted or given a hard time about anything. Well, a few people roll their eyes at the women who throw up their arms and holler PRAISE JESUS in our very buttoned up little community church. (They have since formed their own little church that meets in the Town Office, and no one rolls their eyes in FRONT of them.)

Just like the boogeyman that the Right is creating out of the Left, there seems to be an effort here to imagine an enemy where none exists, in order to give believers the glory of battling persecution.

If you guys would simply mind your own faith and let others mind theirs, there would be no clash whatsoever. You are trying to bring your faith into politics and legislate what is right and wrong according to your religion. That is not going to fly because this country was established in definite opposition to mixing church and state. From the shenanigans I see going on here, I can understand why they set it up that way, too.

Thank you for your time.

Nobody said "give all your money to the government." And this is not what has been done in the U.S. But helping people who need help is definitely consistent with the teachings of Jesus. Keeping to all to yourself is not.

The people today who loudly advertise that they are Christians, are not Christians.

And you are the judge of this, how? You know what they're giving to the poor how? Are you judging because they oppose policies by which they give "charitably" to the gov't and the gov't redistributes the wealth?

Thank you for your time.

Police your own.

They hated Him first. You know that's in the Bible, right?

Thank you for your time.

Police your own.

The people calling themselves Christians today are not actually Christians. People like graham, jeffress, perkins, focus on the family, the family research council prostitute the Christian faith for their own purposes.

You are hung up on the same people and list the very same people every single time. Hung up, are you?

Thank you for your time.

Police your own.

So you're saying that Jesus was as dumb as American Christians?

Thank you for your time.

Police your own.

You are hung up on the same people and list the very same people every single time. Hung up, are you?
The usual perps are the usual perps. How is the list supposed to be changed? Robertson? Perkins? Hagee?

It's turning the other cheek, avoiding mean words to describe certain people and trying NOT to despise them that I am finding increasingly difficult at times.
Maybe you should just ask around a bit? I see amd hear plenty of Christians who freely do those things without any apparent guilt. Maybe you should ask them how they reconcile it.

Except for some of the monkeys here, I have NEVER heard or seen a Christian of any stripe be persecuted or given a hard time about anything. Well, a few people roll their eyes at the women who throw up their arms and holler PRAISE JESUS in our very buttoned up little community church. (They have since formed their own little church that meets in the Town Office, and no one rolls their eyes in FRONT of them.)

Just like the boogeyman that the Right is creating out of the Left, there seems to be an effort here to imagine an enemy where none exists, in order to give believers the glory of battling persecution.

If you guys would simply mind your own faith and let others mind theirs, there would be no clash whatsoever. You are trying to bring your faith into politics and legislate what is right and wrong according to your religion. That is not going to fly because this country was established in definite opposition to mixing church and state. From the shenanigans I see going on here, I can understand why they set it up that way, too.

Wrong. The nation was not founded on "separation of church and state". The nation was founded on neutrality--that is, the nation simply does not take a stance on religion. If your stance is "the separation of church and state" that is in fact a strong stance--it is secularism.

Elected representatives can absolutely take their religious views right into their votes, and so can we. If you don't like that stance, vote for different politicians.

Thank you for your time.

Police your own.

The usual perps are the usual perps. How is the list supposed to be changed? Robertson? Perkins? Hagee?

It's not very impressive. It's like a tic from you: Hagee!! Robertson!! Perkins!!

Thank you for your time.

Police your own.

How does that have anything to do with my comment?

Forum List

Back