Just going to say, being a Christian in 2018 is very difficult.

The two faced politics of the world with so many focusing on harming America and Western liberty (many in positions of power within my own country!). It's turning the other cheek, avoiding mean words to describe certain people and trying NOT to despise them that I am finding increasingly difficult at times.

Thank you for your time.

That is all. As you were.
If so many of your fellow christians weren't working so hard at making normal people despise them it might get a little easier for you.

Police your own.

The people calling themselves Christians today are not actually Christians. People like graham, jeffress, perkins, focus on the family, the family research council prostitute the Christian faith for their own purposes.

You are hung up on the same people and list the very same people every single time. Hung up, are you?
Kinda like you and the phrase "hung up"?

The two faced politics of the world with so many focusing on harming America and Western liberty (many in positions of power within my own country!). It's turning the other cheek, avoiding mean words to describe certain people and trying NOT to despise them that I am finding increasingly difficult at times.

Thank you for your time.

If so many of your fellow christians weren't working so hard at making normal people despise them it might get a little easier for you.

Police your own.

They hated Him first. You know that's in the Bible, right?
So you're saying that Jesus was as dumb as American Christians?
Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.

Thank you for your time.

Police your own.

How does that have anything to do with my comment?

The very message of the Cross offends and people will hate us for proclaiming it.

"For the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."--1 Corinthians 1:18

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated Me first."--John 15:18

Thank you for your time.

Police your own.

The people calling themselves Christians today are not actually Christians. People like graham, jeffress, perkins, focus on the family, the family research council prostitute the Christian faith for their own purposes.

You are hung up on the same people and list the very same people every single time. Hung up, are you?
Kinda like you and the phrase "hung up"?

I'm an exceedingly fast typist--that comes from piano, guitar and lots of other instruments. The problem is my fingers often get ahead of my brain, especially when I don't proofread. oh well.

Except for some of the monkeys here, I have NEVER heard or seen a Christian of any stripe be persecuted or given a hard time about anything. Well, a few people roll their eyes at the women who throw up their arms and holler PRAISE JESUS in our very buttoned up little community church. (They have since formed their own little church that meets in the Town Office, and no one rolls their eyes in FRONT of them.)

Just like the boogeyman that the Right is creating out of the Left, there seems to be an effort here to imagine an enemy where none exists, in order to give believers the glory of battling persecution.

If you guys would simply mind your own faith and let others mind theirs, there would be no clash whatsoever. You are trying to bring your faith into politics and legislate what is right and wrong according to your religion. That is not going to fly because this country was established in definite opposition to mixing church and state. From the shenanigans I see going on here, I can understand why they set it up that way, too.

Wrong. The nation was not founded on "separation of church and state". The nation was founded on neutrality--that is, the nation simply does not take a stance on religion. If your stance is "the separation of church and state" that is in fact a strong stance--it is secularism.

Elected representatives can absolutely take their religious views right into their votes, and so can we. If you don't like that stance, vote for different politicians.
If there is no separation of church and state.... which church?

The very message of the Cross offends
Correct. It is a threat. As in, if I do not accept the truth and authority of your fairy tale, I should fear for my eternal well being. Yes, you should be embarrassed to make such an absurd threat. It is evil to do so.

Thank you for your time.

Police your own.

The very message of the Cross offends and people will hate us for proclaiming it.

"For the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."--1 Corinthians 1:18

Still, what does that have to do with my post?

Except for some of the monkeys here, I have NEVER heard or seen a Christian of any stripe be persecuted or given a hard time about anything. Well, a few people roll their eyes at the women who throw up their arms and holler PRAISE JESUS in our very buttoned up little community church. (They have since formed their own little church that meets in the Town Office, and no one rolls their eyes in FRONT of them.)

Just like the boogeyman that the Right is creating out of the Left, there seems to be an effort here to imagine an enemy where none exists, in order to give believers the glory of battling persecution.

If you guys would simply mind your own faith and let others mind theirs, there would be no clash whatsoever. You are trying to bring your faith into politics and legislate what is right and wrong according to your religion. That is not going to fly because this country was established in definite opposition to mixing church and state. From the shenanigans I see going on here, I can understand why they set it up that way, too.

Wrong. The nation was not founded on "separation of church and state". The nation was founded on neutrality--that is, the nation simply does not take a stance on religion. If your stance is "the separation of church and state" that is in fact a strong stance--it is secularism.

Elected representatives can absolutely take their religious views right into their votes, and so can we. If you don't like that stance, vote for different politicians.
If there is no separation of church and state.... which church?

No, the government is neutral. The government does not have an official church--the government does not take a stand. That does not mean, however, that there is official "separation of church and state"--that gov't officials cannot take their personal beliefs into their jobs, as long as they are not overstepping their bounds in their role.

For example, if I am a Christian Senator I cannot make a law requiring everyone to attend church on Easter morning. That's gov't overstepping its bounds. However, I can bring my own personal beliefs about, say, abortion to bear on my votes pertaining to that topic. And the gov't cannot tell me that I can't.

Thank you for your time.

Police your own.

Do you have adequate reading comprehension? That is a serious question.

Police your own.

Not at all. I do not see a correlation between my comment and your replies.

We all take our beliefs with us wherever we go and they form our opinions, so of course I realize that. It does not change my earlier statement. Legislation to force everyone to live in accordance with their religious beliefs is going too far, as in denying homosexuals the right to the civil benefits and protections of marriage.

Do you have Dissociative Identity Disorder? You type something and then have no memory of it because a different personality typed it? Or just gaslighting me?

Thank you for your time.

Police your own.

NO! Believe what you want but leave me out of it.

We all take our beliefs with us wherever we go and they form our opinions, so of course I realize that. It does not change my earlier statement. Legislation to force everyone to live in accordance with their religious beliefs is going too far, as in denying homosexuals the right to the civil benefits and protections of marriage.

Um. Moral foundations and to an extent religious beliefs are the very foundation of laws. If you can't call a behavior "wrong", you don't legislate it. Even the value of human life is a moral/religious belief. We don't think our fellow human beings are meat bags walking around, so we believe killing them is wrong. Thus laws about murder. Etc, etc, etc.

Do you have Dissociative Identity Disorder? You type something and then have no memory of it because a different personality typed it? Or just gaslighting me?
Lol, what is your problem? The made a comment about how many christians seem to work at being unlikeable. You started making comments about how "they hated him first".

Where's the relationship?

Thank you for your time.

Police your own.

Okay I don't believe taking all the stuff in your house is wrong. I will take it, but I won't force you to believe what I believe while I make off with all your stuff.

Gee, that was easy.

PS While you're at it, will you clean out your 401K? all right thanks

Lol, what is your problem? The made a comment about how many christians seem to work at being unlikeable. You started making comments about how "they hated him first".

You didn't say "making themselves unlikeable". You said the word despise, which is a synonym for hate. That is why I responded the way I did, hello?

Police your own.

Okay I don't believe taking all the stuff in your house is wrong. I will take it, but I won't force you to believe what I believe while I make off with all your stuff.

Gee, that was easy.

PS While you're at it, will you clean out your 401K? all right thanks
You're kinda the poster child for this unlikeability thing huh.

You didn't say "making themselves unlikeable". You said the word despise, which is a synonym for hate. That is why I responded the way I did, hello?
Oh, so you interpreted my post. That explains it.

Thank you for your time.

You must choose between your politics and the teachings that Jesus delivered in the Sermon on the Mount, then all becomes clear. Believing in Jesus and his teachings is different than your politics. Your notions of "harming America and Western liberty" have absolutely nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus. Sometimes they are glaringly inconsistent.

They aren’t inconsistent in the slightest

Forum List

Back