July 20

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
47 years ago today, just 8 years after America's first space flight, mankind walks on the moon for the first time. Neil Armstrong's and Buzz Aldrin's first action after landing was to take Communion and give thanks. The next task was to walk out the door into history.
image.jpeg

47 years ago today, just 8 years after America's first space flight, mankind walks on the moon for the first time. Neil Armstrong's and Buzz Aldrin's first action after landing was to take Communion and give thanks. The next task was to walk out the door into history.
View attachment 82247

I watched that in mouth-agape wonder until 4AM the next morning.

I never knew they took Communion. We had really bad tv reception and got mostly snow for all of it, including the newscasters.

View attachment 82247

I watched that in mouth-agape wonder until 4AM the next morning.
Watched it with my grandma who as a child used wagons for transportation, airplanes didn't exist, and had no electricity or phones in her home.

I never knew they took Communion. We had really bad tv reception and got mostly snow for all of it, including the newscasters.
Watch the movie The Dish. Due to timing it was either use Australia's dish or there is no TV. And then a big wind storm comes up.
I was at a relative's who ALWAYS got bad reception. Add the bad reception that people with good reception got, and ... well, it was mostly like listening to a weak radio station. Although we stayed glued to it.

Forum List

Back