Judging Eve is wrong, then you learn what you are.

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
This may be interesting, because most if not all church denominations teach to be judgemental about Eve for bringing about the original sin. But let's blow away the taboos of theology and popular learned thinking here.

In Genesis, God tells Eve and Adam that they will die if they eat from the poisoned trees. Eve modifies this by saying that they must not TOUCH the trees. Then the devil tells them that they will not die.

To straighten this out, and to get a real, non-judgemental analysis, even with scientific accuracy, let's re-phrase the conversation between Eve and the devil, including the forced silence of Adam, in modern medical terminology.

Firstly, the biblical conversation between Eve and the devil reads like any of those internet downloadable scripts for what is termed medically as "covert conversational hypnosis". This is usually applied by stage hypnotists on volunteers at funfares, or by medical professionals to cure post traumatic stress disorder or addictions and a few other things.

The covert conversational hypnosis is usually started by what is medically termed as a "rapid induction technique". This is often used on patients who are not easily hypnotizable but hypnosis is the agreed course of cure. Rapid induction techniques are based on introducing a shock into the environment, that the mind cannot handle. The important part of this is, that rapid induction techniques work all the time, invariably, with or without the permission of the victim. This is why for example youtube is full of videos about it. And since the resulting hypnotic trance is instantaneous, this was frequently used on cashiers to make them hand money out of their tills, before cameras got common in shops.

To illustrate, one popular rapid induction technique is, that you shake hands with your victim as in an introduction, but in the same time you wave your other hand close in front of his eyes. Since the eye can't focus on two things in the same time, he will fall into a trance suddenly. You can do the same with for example chicken by drawing a line in front of its beak.

Spiritually, what happens when you fall into trance is, that your spirit is separated from your soul. Like when Jesus Christ saw His Spirit leave the Cross to go to God, and His Soul to hell to await His resurrection. Separation of spirit and soul happens often, mostly during sleep, but also in coma leading to death, and in the fetal development in the third trimester of pregnancy, when the instincts get copied out of the genetic code into the nervous system. This is, by the way, why satanists consider that time of pregnancy to be their prime time, to achieve that the baby is thoroughly possessed by demons by the time of birth, if the satanists have some kind of authority over the pregnant woman, such as being her impregnating boyfriend, husband, doctor, boss, teacher, and so on. Separation of spirit from soul is physically measured by observing the REM function of the brain in a medical setting (Rapid Eye Movement).

Let's go with the 3+3 model of spirit and soul. So we consider that the 3 mental functions of the spirit is logical thinking, intuition, and fellowship. Then the 3 mental functions of the soul is feelings, senses, and the will.

Genesis also points out that the Spirit (of God, of Eve and Adam, breathed into them at creation) is with them every day, except during that conversation with the devil, that is during the covert conversational hypnosis.

Since the environmental shock interacts with the mind to first chase away the spirit, we are all created defenseless against rapid induction techniques. Any kind of defense would need a logic function or at least intuition, to make a critical decision about the induction, and run away or fight. But because the spirit is directly attacked first, by the induction, these functions are shut away and nobody gets a chance.

But then why does God say that it is only the eating and not the touching that kills you? If you are not looking, you will not fall into the trance. If you are looking and your mind sees ("touches") the environmental shock (modeled as the poisoning of the trees), then you will fall into the trance. If nothing else happens, then you will eventually wake up from the trance when your spirit manages to grab hold of your soul again, and you can go on like nothing happened.

But if the conversation occurs during your trance, that conversation reprograms yours soul. Your earlier life will end, and your new life will begin. Eve and Adam lost their feelings and got replaced by the feelings of shame. They lost their senses and got replaced by the sense of nakedness. And they lost their will and got replaced by the will of breaking plant leaves for cover. When the spirit returned at the waking up from the trance, the spirit indeed found that they died, and a new life was in their place. God's prediction that this is how His creation would die came true, and the devil's prediction that this is how his creation will begin to life came true too.

Ever since then, God chases the devil, God is trying to run catch-up. So God gives Eve and Adam a new beginning outside Paradise, a new environment away from the shock, then another new beginning with the Noah flood, then yet another with Abraham, then the latest beginning with Mary-Jesus.

So when we question Eve's will that she wanted to be like God, we must consider that her trance induced that will under the control of the devil, sourced by the devil.

And we must consider, that Genesis 3 uses the rapid induction covert conversational hypnosis technique, now fully understood in modern medical terminology, to point out, how we are assigned for torture and death, by the merit of our own creation, all by God.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Look kids, that's where we used to live before your mother ate us out of house and home...

Eve added to God's word and the consequences were dire. They could have touched that tree all the wanted. They could have built a tree house in that tree and would have been just fine, as long as they didn't eat the fruit. As soon as she added her own opinion to God's word, Satan knew he had her. Nevertheless, God blamed Satan and forgave Adam and Eve immediately. And even though they had to pay a price for their actions, God never left them.

God the Father is a being who knows the future before it happens. He knew Adam and Eve would fall before he ever placed them in the Garden of Eden. For this reason he called and chose a Savior before the foundation of the world before Adam or Eve were ever placed into the garden.

1 Peter 1:18-20
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Coming to this earth and going through mortality was part of the plan that God had for us.

God the Father is a being who knows the future before it happens. He knew Adam and Eve would fall before he ever placed them in the Garden of Eden. For this reason he called and chose a Savior before the foundation of the world before Adam or Eve were ever placed into the garden.

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Coming to this earth and going through mortality was part of the plan that God had for us.

Knowing ahead of time would also have god chose who would temp/deceive Eve and cause the sin.

Satan of the talking serpent did not have a free choice in his/their role s did they?

If not, neither did A & E, as their sin was pre-planned and impossible for them to not do. Right?

You are calling what happened a fall. Why then do Christians sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to god's plan?

If necessary, then Christians should celebrate when they sin and exercise their happy fault as god wants them to sin.

Regards
DL

Knowing ahead of time would also have god chose who would temp/deceive Eve and cause the sin.

Satan of the talking serpent did not have a free choice in his/their role s did they?

If not, neither did A & E, as their sin was pre-planned and impossible for them to not do. Right?

You are calling what happened a fall. Why then do Christians sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to god's plan?

If necessary, then Christians should celebrate when they sin and exercise their happy fault as god wants them to sin.

Regards
DL

I don't believe that knowing the future or knowing what a person will do in the future is a violation of their free will. God simply knows what Satan, Adam, Eve and all of us will do with our free will. It is kind of like putting a most delicious snack in front of your dog. You know before giving it to him that he would eat it. Did you deprive your dog of his free will by doing so just by knowing that he would eat it? I say No! I think you are completely mistaken about the assumption you are making. Knowing what a being will do with their free will is not forcing a being to do something. It is simply a higher knowledge.

I don't believe that knowing the future or knowing what a person will do in the future is a violation of their free will.

You could be right, but in this case we have Yahweh acting beforehand and putting Satan / talking serpent in Eden.

Yahweh set Adam up to do his happy fault of sinning.

He not only knew, he set the scene. Right, which is god directly effecting our free will.

You should know this if you know your bible.

Yahweh decides by interfering with us just who will believe or not. See the quotes in the link in this presentation.

=======

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL

I don't believe that knowing the future or knowing what a person will do in the future is a violation of their free will.

You could be right, but in this case we have Yahweh acting beforehand and putting Satan / talking serpent in Eden.

Yahweh set Adam up to do his happy fault of sinning.

He not only knew, he set the scene. Right, which is god directly effecting our free will.

You should know this if you know your bible.

Yahweh decides by interfering with us just who will believe or not. See the quotes in the link in this presentation.

=======

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL

In response to your inquiry, you need to know that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I believe that in these latter days God called a prophet named Joseph Smith and through many revelations to him, we have much more knowledge to address the answers to these questions. However, I will try to bring out much of what I believe from the bible as possible. That being said, the first concept that needs to be understood is that all mankind's spirits pre-existed this earth life. All those who have come to this earth were part of those who fought in the great war in heaven against Satan and his followers.

Revelation 12:7-11
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

In the above verses, notice that in heaven Michael and his angels fought against the devil and his angels and prevailed against them. God cast the devil, Satan, and his angels out of heaven and they were cast down to this earth. Notice in verse 10 that Satan is also know as the accuser of our brethren. The loud voice in heaven is speaking to John the Revelator and calling those who fought against the devil and his angels, our brethren. The way in which those who fought against the devil and his angels ultimately overcome the devil is spoken of in verse 11. Here we learn that they overcome him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony. Then we learn that they are subject to death. Who is it that needs the blood of the Lamb? Is not those who are in a fallen state who need to repent of their sins and obtain forgiveness through the blood of Jesus Christ? We are those who existed in heaven and fought with Michael against the devil and his angels and have come to this earth and entered into a fallen state where we must rely on the blood of Jesus Christ to overcome this world and bear testimony to our fellow man that we need to turn to God and repent and seek his forgiveness. As morals, we are subject to death. The main point I want to point out is that we existed prior to coming to this earth as the spirit children of our Father in heaven. There was a war in heaven where Lucifer was cast out into the earth. It was we who come to this earth and receive bodies of flesh and blood who are in a fallen state now and need the blood of the Lamb to overcome Satan. We once fought against Satan and his angels in heaven before coming to this earth. Other verses in the Bible that bear out that we existed prior to coming to this earth are:

• God of the spirits of all flesh, Num. 16:22 (27:16).
  • all the sons of God shouted for joy, Job 38:7.
  • the spirit shall return unto God who gave it, Eccl. 12:7.
  • Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, Jer. 1:5.
  • Lord … formeth the spirit of man within him, Zech. 12:1.
  • who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind, John 9:2.
  • poets have said, For we are also his offspring, Acts 17:28.
  • For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate, Rom. 8:29.
  • chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, Eph. 1:4.
  • subjection unto the Father of spirits, Heb. 12:9.
  • angels which kept not their first estate, Jude 1:6.
  • Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, Rev. 12:7.
Coming to this earth life and experiencing mortal life was part of God's eternal plan of progression for his children. Yes, God foreknew that Adam and Eve would partake of the forbidden fruit and He placed Satan and his followers on the earth to tempt Adam and Eve knowing full well that they would choose to partake of the forbidden fruit and enter into a fallen state of existence. That is the reason that Jesus was foreordained before the foundation of this world to be a Savior as mentioned in a previous post. It was all planned out in advance. What isn't mentioned is that before coming to this earth, we all had the opportunity to choose to come to this earth and receive a body of flesh and bones that we would eventually end up possessing as an eternal resurrected body. We also chose to go through this state of mortality to gain a greater knowledge of good and evil and become more like God.

Genesis 3:5
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Genesis 3:22
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Doctrine and Covenants 93:33
33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;

Being in the presence of God in the pre-mortal world of spirits, we wanted to become more like our Father in heaven. By experiencing mortal life and knowing good from evil and receiving a body, we would be able to become more like him. We all agreed to come to this earth and through free will choose between good and evil. Some would choose evil over good and not gain the highest degree of salvation but others would. But it would all be up to our own free will and choice. For those who never have the opportunity in this life to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ would later have that opportunity in the world of spirits after one dies. For this reason Jesus went and preached unto the spirits in spirit prison who have died to make sure that all mankind will have the chance to hear and accept the gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 3:18-20
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

1 Peter 4:6
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

During the time in which Jesus' body lay in the tomb, he went to spirits in prison who were dead and set up his gospel among the righteous dead to go and preach to the dead who did not receive it in this life. Also see (Doctrine and Covenants 138)

I imagine that if we were to retain the memory of our pre-mortal existence, we all would automatically choose to live and accept the gospel. For this reason God put a veil over our minds so that we would be in an innocent state not remembering our pre-mortal state and thus not being influenced in our decision to choose good or evil. God wanted us to choose in and of ourselves by going through this life experiencing good and evil and making up our own minds without being influence by the past memories of our pre-mortal existence. I look at this as similar to children who perfectly obey their parents while the are at home but when the parents are away, will the mice play? It is a test to see if we will choose the gospel when we hear it in and of ourselves or whether we will reject it without the influence of God being here or having our past memory of the pre-mortal existence. God gives us a clean slate when we come into this world and lets us choose fully within ourselves whether to choose good or evil. By doing so, those who truly are good beings will choose the good while those who are not will choose evil. What actually occurs is that we all fall short of the glory of choosing good always, but God has allowed for our weaknesses and allows us to repent and seek forgiveness through the atonement of our Savior who was called and foreordained before the foundation of this world to be a propitiation for our sins.

So after all the above, I summarize by saying that we chose to come to this earth to experience mortal life and learn good from evil and become more like our Father in heaven. We also chose to come so that we could have more joy by being joined with a physical body of flesh and bones which we will eternally enjoy in the hereafter. We did understand the risks that our station in future eternity would dependent on how good of being we would become given our free will without outside influence. God has provided a means whereby if we sin we can feel bad for the evil we do and repent and gain forgiveness if we so choose to do so. Eventually we will all be judged according to the free will that we received and gain the degree of salvation that we are worthy to receive. According to the revelations received by the Prophet Joseph Smith, it isn't a strictly perfect heaven or absolute hell situation. Please read Doctrine and Covenants 76 to understand the various degrees of salvation we can obtain based on our choice of how we receive goodness or evil in this life.

We believe that all this was known before the foundation of the world and as we stood in the Council of the Eternal God we all chose to come to this earth and experience good and evil and receive a body that would give us more joy than being without a body. Basically becoming more like God.

Doctrine and Covenants 121:32
32 According to that which was ordained in the midst of the Council of the Eternal God of all other gods before this world was, that should be reserved unto the finishing and the end thereof, when every man shall enter into his eternal presence and into his immortal rest.

Doctrine and Covenants 130:22
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Jesus is a resurrected being having a body of flesh and bones and we believe that God the Father also is a being with a body of flesh and bones.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Surely if the resurrected Christ is in the express image of the person of the Father, then the Father himself must also have a body of flesh and bones.

Anyway, this how I see things. We will all go to the kingdom where we are willing to obey the laws of that kingdom. Some will go to a higher kingdom than others because they were willing to receive more of the gospel than others.

One other addition to the above. The atonement of Jesus Christ covers original sin. In other words, nobody is held accountable for the fall of Adam and Eve and for this reason we all will resurrect and have immortality with our resurrected bodies.

Rabbi Mannis Friedman has an interesting story but I don't see his story in the words of the Bible.

Genesis 2:16-17
16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

This commandment was given to Adam before even was created.

the story continues:

Genesis 3:1-24
1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
20 And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23 Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

What Rabbi Mannis Friedman fails to include in his story is the conversation that Eve had with the serpent. The devil was speaking through the mouth of the serpent and tempted Eve telling her that she would become like God knowing good and evil. Adam and Eve lived in God's presence and could see the very glory of God as He spoke to them. The real temptation of Eve was that she could become like God. Who wouldn't want to become like God? The devil mixed a lie with a truth as he often does to deceive us. The lie was that he told Eve that she would not die. The truth was that she would become like God in a certain way. In What way would she become like God? Verse 22 above tells us and God Himself confirms it. She would know good from evil. Since God pronounced death upon those who partook of the fruit, God could not let Adam or Eve partake of the Tree of Life. By partaking of it, they would live forever and not die. This would make God a liar if they partook of it. Plus, Adam and Eve needed to go through mortality and and suffer all manner of pain and death. This was the plan God had for them. We know this because Jesus was called and foreordained before the foundation of the World to be a Savior for mortal man on this earth.

1 Peter 1:19-21
21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Nothing is said about Eve perceiving Gods desire for us to go through mortality. This is the Rabbi's own interpretation. However, the desire to become like God and Eve not knowing the deceptions of the devil and not really understanding what death was, led her to partake of the fruit. Adam later was convinced by Eve to partake of the fruit because she had become wiser than he was because she understood the difference between good and evil and probably pointed out that she would be separated from him now that she partook of the fruit and could no longer fulfill the commandment of God to be with her and to multiply and replenish the earth.

Genesis 1:28
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

It may have been after her partaking of the fruit that she may have realized the plan that God had for her and her husband. We really don't know. She may have convinced Adam to go along with partaking so that she would remain with him and continue the plan God had for them.

But God truly knew the end from the beginning and placed Adam and Eve in the Garden along with the devil knowing full well what the outcome would be. And as stated above, Jesus was called to our Savior before the earth was even created. God knew before Adam and Eve were ever placed in the garden that a Savior for fallen man would be necessary to fulfill the plan of redemption for us all.

Let me add that during the time Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden, God had not yet given to Adam and Eve their time of reckoning. They were still under God's time of reckoning which is mentioned in the following verses:

2 Peter 3:8
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Abraham 3:4
4 And the Lord said unto me, by the Urim and Thummim, that Kolob was after the manner of the Lord, according to its times and seasons in the revolutions thereof; that one revolution was a day unto the Lord, after his manner of reckoning, it being one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest. This is the reckoning of the Lord’s time, according to the reckoning of Kolob.

Abraham 5:13
13 But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the time that thou eatest thereof, thou shalt surely die. Now I, Abraham, saw that it was after the Lord’s time, which was after the time of Kolob; for as yet the Gods had not appointed unto Adam his reckoning.

According to the above verses, one day according to God's time is 1000 years according to our time here on earth. According to the Bible, Adam lived to be 930 years old according to our current years. However, if at the time God gave the commandment to not eat the fruit and that in the day thereof they should surely die, if they had not been given their time of reckoning but were still under the 1 day to God is as a thousand years, then God was truly honest in saying that in the day thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Adam died at 930 years of our time and within the very day he partook of the fruit according to God's time. Surely Eve did not live much longer and possibly shorter than Adam.

Genesis 5:5
5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Last edited:
The Adam and Eve story is not meant to be literal. It is a parable or symbolic. But hey, if you want to believe in a talking snake go right ahead. :auiqs.jpg:

"Maybe, by putting a big tree full of delicious apples in the middle of a garden with a large “Do Not Touch” sign on it, God wanted Adam and Eve to learn the difference between right and wrong and that that is actually a part of the Divine Plan. Otherwise, God would have put the tree on the moon or some other impossible to reach place."

-- The Demon Crowley, 'Good Omens'

The Adam and Eve story is not meant to be literal. It is a parable or symbolic. But hey, if you want to believe in a talking snake go right ahead. :auiqs.jpg:

Not only do I believe that the snake actually spoke but I also believe that an ass also spoke to Balaam.

Numbers 22:28
28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

Not only do I believe that the snake actually spoke but I also believe that an ass also spoke to Balaam.

28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

Those were some good mushrooms. :auiqs.jpg:

If Adam did not receive his time of reckoning until after God commanded him not eat of the tree, then the days of creation were also 1000 years each according to our time.

This would also make sense since it was not until the 4th day of creation until the sun and moon were created and placed in relation to the earth.

Genesis 1:14-19
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Last edited:

Those were some good mushrooms. :auiqs.jpg:

They're my favorite!

but I also believe that an ass also spoke to Balaam.

I saw that in a movie.

p37372_i_v8_aa.jpg

If Adam did not receive his time of reckoning until after God commanded him not eat of the tree, then the days of creation were also 1000 years each according to our time.

This would also make sense since it was not until the 4th day of creation until the sun and moon were created and placed in relation to the earth.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

I guess god is contradicting himself now. :auiqs.jpg:

God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. - Genesis 1:4-5

I guess god is contradicting himself now. :auiqs.jpg:

God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. - Genesis 1:4-5

Not a contradiction if you read the content of my prior posts.

2 Peter 3:8
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Forum List

Back