Im going to a monastery as guest

I dont know when though, because they said I need to be patient because of Corona. But they admitted me as guest on a period of time. They said I can come as guest. I guess most people can come as guests though. But I think the experience will enrich me.

THAT looks very cool.

The photographer in me would admonish you to take a camera (if allowed). I'm planning a trip to Austria for 2022 and would love to have the chance to do some photography there...

The website is mildly difficult to navigate if you only speak English (which is the case for most Americans, I think), so I couldn't find anything about being a "visitor" outside of taking a group guided tour.

Do you live at the monastery while you're a guest? Dine with the monks? Take part in their rituals?

The website is mildly difficult to navigate if you only speak English (which is the case for most Americans, I think), so I couldn't find anything about being a "visitor" outside of taking a group guided tour.

Do you live at the monastery while you're a guest? Dine with the monks? Take part in their rituals?

I think I do not sure, what type of guest I am but there is a type of guest, who lives there for a while and participates in all things the monks do and he works also I dont know what type of guest I will be Als Gast im Kloster - Stift Heiligenkreuz

I've heard of monasteries allowing 'regular people' to reside temporarily with them; they call them 'retreats', I think. You have to follow their routines and work same as they do. I would try and get invited for dinner first at least once before I made the plunge ...

I think I do not sure, what type of guest I am but there is a type of guest, who lives there for a while and participates in all things the monks do and he works also I dont know what type of guest I will be Als Gast im Kloster - Stift Heiligenkreuz

That sounds pretty damn cool.

I'd still need to bring a camera, even if it's only my iPhone...

Define the word monastery...

I grew up running around as a kid in a huge catholic monastery in Wisconsin, like once every month to vist my two uncle's who became Catholic priest.

I grew up running around as a kid in a huge catholic monastery in Wisconsin, like once every month to vist my two uncle's who became Catholic priest.

Click the link in the OP. That looks like my idea of what a "monastery" is...

Click the link in the OP. That looks like my idea of what a "monastery" is...
Sorry didn't do it, hold on.

It is a huge monastery, 30 parishes belong to that monastery, it is near vienna and exists since the year 1133. Pope Benedikt also granted them the title papal academy. Check the webpage.

It is a huge monastery, 30 parishes belong to that monastery, it is near vienna and exists since the year 1133. Pope Benedikt also granted them the title papal academy. Check the webpage.

Yeah I know, your smarter than you appear to be I can read and comprehend german

Forum List

Back