Judaism 101

You’re a disrespectful piece of shit who is getting close to being on my Ignore List.
It would sad because I’m one if the few people who put up with you.
You don't like it when it is done back to you? How surprising. Not.
Don’t like what?
I listen to so many explanations because God is the ultimate enjoyment.
Yes, God is the ultimate enjoyment. Finally something we can agree upon.

You don't like it when people are disrespectful to you. I don't like it when people are disrespectful of my beliefs. That's why I don't disrespect your beliefs, just you. When you can be respectful of my beliefs, I will be respectful of you.

Honest men can have honest differences of opinion without having to act like jerks. Your call.
When Tanach, the word of God, is perverted, those who recognize the perversion are required to educate those who are perverting the word of God.
That is also you proselytizing. Of course since you keep your beliefs secret it's like you are a robber bird who never has to defend his nest.

Homie don't play that game.
Someone wants to be a Jew?
Why?
You want to connect to God via more connections?
Try for 3 years and see if you’re still committed.

The Power of Speech
Judaism is intensely aware of the power of speech and of the harm that can be done through speech. The rabbis note that the universe itself was created through speech. Of the 43 sins enumerated in the Al Cheit confession recited onYom Kippur, 11 are sins committed through speech. The Talmud tells that the tongue is an instrument so dangerous that it must be kept hidden from view, behind two protective walls (the mouth and teeth) to prevent its misuse.

The harm done by speech is even worse than the harm done by stealing or by cheating someone financially: money lost can be repaid, but the harm done by speech can never be repaired. For this reason, some sources indicate that there is no forgiveness for lashon ha-ra (disparaging speech). This is probably hyperbole, but it illustrates the seriousness of improper speech. A Chasidic tale vividly illustrates the danger of improper speech: A man went about the community telling malicious lies about the rabbi. Later, he realized the wrong he had done, and began to feel remorse. He went to the rabbi and begged his forgiveness, saying he would do anything he could to make amends. The rabbi told the man, "Take a feather pillow, cut it open, and scatter the feathers to the winds." The man thought this was a strange request, but it was a simple enough task, and he did it gladly. When he returned to tell the rabbi that he had done it, the rabbi said, "Now, go and gather the feathers. Because you can no more make amends for the damage your words have done than you can recollect the feathers."

Speech has been compared to an arrow: once the words are released, like an arrow, they cannot be recalled, the harm they do cannot be stopped, and the harm they do cannot always be predicted, for words like arrows often go astray.

Judaism 101: Speech and Lashon Ha-Ra
Wrong...
See Rambam who is the decider of this halacha.
There is nothing wrong about it. That's why you don't act like an asshole (use poor speech) to people you like. Why? Because it is wrong. It's also why you don't like it when it is done to you. Because it is wrong. But when it is you doing it, you rationalize that you aren't doing wrong.

Adam did you eat the apple?

The woman YOU made gave it to me.

This is Adam rationalizing that he didn't do wrong. Of course we all know he did wrong because he hid when he heard God coming. Man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept, he rationalizes that he didn't do wrong.
It wasn’t necessarily an apple.
There is a Talmudic discussion on the “nature” of the Tree and it’s “fruit”.
I suspect your discussion on the Tree of Knowledge is just as lacking as your understanding of the account of Babel.

The Power of Speech
Judaism is intensely aware of the power of speech and of the harm that can be done through speech. The rabbis note that the universe itself was created through speech. Of the 43 sins enumerated in the Al Cheit confession recited onYom Kippur, 11 are sins committed through speech. The Talmud tells that the tongue is an instrument so dangerous that it must be kept hidden from view, behind two protective walls (the mouth and teeth) to prevent its misuse.

The harm done by speech is even worse than the harm done by stealing or by cheating someone financially: money lost can be repaid, but the harm done by speech can never be repaired. For this reason, some sources indicate that there is no forgiveness for lashon ha-ra (disparaging speech). This is probably hyperbole, but it illustrates the seriousness of improper speech. A Chasidic tale vividly illustrates the danger of improper speech: A man went about the community telling malicious lies about the rabbi. Later, he realized the wrong he had done, and began to feel remorse. He went to the rabbi and begged his forgiveness, saying he would do anything he could to make amends. The rabbi told the man, "Take a feather pillow, cut it open, and scatter the feathers to the winds." The man thought this was a strange request, but it was a simple enough task, and he did it gladly. When he returned to tell the rabbi that he had done it, the rabbi said, "Now, go and gather the feathers. Because you can no more make amends for the damage your words have done than you can recollect the feathers."

Speech has been compared to an arrow: once the words are released, like an arrow, they cannot be recalled, the harm they do cannot be stopped, and the harm they do cannot always be predicted, for words like arrows often go astray.

Wrong...
There is nothing wrong about it. That's why you don't act like an asshole (use poor speech) to people you like. Why? Because it is wrong. It's also why you don't like it when it is done to you. Because it is wrong. But when it is you doing it, you rationalize that you aren't doing wrong.

This is Adam rationalizing that he didn't do wrong. Of course we all know he did wrong because he hid when he heard God coming. Man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept, he rationalizes that he didn't do wrong.
It doesn't change the point, now does it?

Have you always practiced critical theory?
Christians always smile and then kill.
Jews are neutral and then friendly.

The Power of Speech

Wrong...

I suspect your discussion on the Tree of Knowledge is just as lacking as your understanding of the account of Babel.
Sure, cupcake.

You don't like it when it is done back to you? How surprising. Not.
Don’t like what?

You don't like it when people are disrespectful to you. I don't like it when people are disrespectful of my beliefs. That's why I don't disrespect your beliefs, just you. When you can be respectful of my beliefs, I will be respectful of you.

Honest men can have honest differences of opinion without having to act like jerks. Your call.
When Tanach, the word of God, is perverted, those who recognize the perversion are required to educate those who are perverting the word of God.
That is also you proselytizing. Of course since you keep your beliefs secret it's like you are a robber bird who never has to defend his nest.

Why?
I've studied all the major religions and even some of the primal ones. That doesn't mean I want to be an aboriginal. :lol:

Don’t like what?

Why?
I've studied all the major religions and even some of the primal ones. That doesn't mean I want to be an aboriginal. :lol:
You’re boring.
I’m out until you make a definitive statement.

The Power of Speech

Wrong...

Sure, cupcake.
Maybe you should ask a Rabbi and get back to me because you sure don't seem to know.

Why?
You’re boring.
Here's my definitive statement.

As long as you treat my beliefs like shit I will treat you like shit.

Was that definitive enough for you?

The Power of Speech

Wrong...

It doesn't change the point, now does it?

Have you always practiced critical theory?
Christians always smile and then kill.
Jews are neutral and then friendly.
You misspelled humans.

Of course, I usually treat each person on a case by case basis. I don't behave like you do and lump people all together like that. I guess I wouldn't make a very good Jew. I'm not cliquish enough.

Tanach is quite specific about Torah being for Jews.
Non-Jews have the responsibility of building a better technological life for all humans.
So in a way there is an insistence on it. If it is quite specific about being only for Jews there is an implied insistence that it not be shared with non-Jews, right?
The method is to answer questions and guide you to do your own research.
I will never translate a word before having someone look it up themselves.
I taught Hebrew to an engineer at work and he learned to read the blue Pentatuch with Rashi on his own.
But he showed he was willing to sweat through it.
So what you are saying is that there is no insistence on Jews proselytizing but there is no law against it either.

And that you believe the "law" only applies to Jews.

Right?
He was seeking what he never got in Parochial school...the Torah.
The law beyond the Noachides Laws only applies to Jews.
You claim to study Tanach but your knowledge base is poor.
I have not made any claims. Nor have you directly answered any of my questions.

what questions, dingbat?

Why?
You’re boring.

In what way were YOU "beliefs" treated like shit, dingbat. Did someone deny the COOKIE RECIPE WITH CHRISTIAN BLOOD upon which you were brought up?

Jews have actively proselytized in their history; claiming otherwise is just ignorant. they stopped forcing conversion at points, true, but still accepted converts in droves, not making it hard until late in their history, hence the reference in Jonah and other places. From post- exilic times down to Jesus's time they developed 'racial purity' laws that would make Nazis jealous by the Roman conquests. Your genealogy even determined where one was permitted to go in the Temple and Temple grounds themselves, and of course what priest posts one could qualify for.
Says...you?

Says the historical record. It must suck that there are so many honest Jewish scholars out there who don't and won't participate in false revisionism.
What historical method.
I spend 30 hours a week on my Jew studies and I have no idea what you’re talking about.

And you think that's my problem???
Ignorance in this area is your problem.

Actually most of what I said re Jonah is easily seen by anybody who reads it. It does present some embarrassments for some Orthodox sects and their self-importance.

Jews have always been a tiny minority everywhere but Israel. Since we are forbidden to proselytize, we will remain a small group. Most people know very
little about Judaism because they rarely meet many Jews and ask questions.
This website is presented for any of you who have questions. I will also answer
any questions you have.

It is important to understand that there are different denominations of Judaism whose practice of Judaism varies a bit.

Judaism 101
Jewish males are not allowed to proselytize.

Jewish females are very good at proselytizing.

I had a Jewish female on top of me once and I was inside of her and she choose that moment to say "Can't you accept that Jesus was a son of God like you and I are sons of God and nothing more and nothing less?"

It sort of ruined the moment. The proper term is anti-climactic.

I told her not to bring up religion while we were boinking.

Any other time and I would be glad to debate with her though.

As already noted, the 'ban' on proselytizing is a late development, mostly related to racism among the more hard core sects that emphasized 'racial purity'; ironically it's those same racial purity beliefs that generated a lot of problems over the centuries for the Jewish tribes, the false belief that God made them 'supermen' encouraged many of them to run around taunting such regional superpowers of the day as the Hittites and Assyrians and Romans, and of course always getting their asses thoroughly stomped and getting them dispersed and eventually getting their cities and their Temple destroyed via pure arrogance.

The same racist tards that got their Temple destroyed in A.D. 70 were the main sect who ended up becoming 'modern' Jewish culture and dominating the theology, while all the smart ones converted to the much more dynamic and religiously and culturally valid Jewish Christian sect and moved on to greater things, while most of the 'old school' Jewish Orthodox still stagnate, with most ethnic Jews now secular and not religious at all, but still quite a few who identify as an ethnic tribe.

lol on edit I quoted the wrong post, but never mind, it still works here.

Anybody out in the Peanut Gallery interested in a non-religious history and social study of Jewish society and culture in Jesus's day should get Joachim Jeremia's Jerusalem in the Time of Jesus, an excellent academic work on the times. It's available fro reading free someplace on the internetz, but I didn't save the link for it, but one can not that almost a third of the study is about the Jewish obsession with 'racial purity' laws in place at the time. very extensive and elaborate, right down to their regulations for slaves having to be converted after a specified length of time.

Last edited:
Says...you?

Says the historical record. It must suck that there are so many honest Jewish scholars out there who don't and won't participate in false revisionism.
What historical method.
I spend 30 hours a week on my Jew studies and I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Actually most of what I said re Jonah is easily seen by anybody who reads it. It does present some embarrassments for some Orthodox sects and their self-importance.
And yet you still have provided nothing.
Very esoteric.

Jews have always been a tiny minority everywhere but Israel. Since we are forbidden to proselytize, we will remain a small group. Most people know very
little about Judaism because they rarely meet many Jews and ask questions.
This website is presented for any of you who have questions. I will also answer
any questions you have.

It is important to understand that there are different denominations of Judaism whose practice of Judaism varies a bit.

Judaism 101
Jewish males are not allowed to proselytize.

Jewish females are very good at proselytizing.

I had a Jewish female on top of me once and I was inside of her and she choose that moment to say "Can't you accept that Jesus was a son of God like you and I are sons of God and nothing more and nothing less?"

It sort of ruined the moment. The proper term is anti-climactic.

I told her not to bring up religion while we were boinking.

Any other time and I would be glad to debate with her though.

As already noted, the 'ban' on proselytizing is a late development, mostly related to racism among the more hard core sects that emphasized 'racial purity'; ironically it's those same racial purity beliefs that generated a lot of problems over the centuries for the Jewish tribes, the false belief that God made them 'supermen' encouraged many of them to run around taunting such regional superpowers of the day as the Hittites and Assyrians and Romans, and of course always getting their asses thoroughly stomped and getting them dispersed and eventually getting their cities and their Temple destroyed via pure arrogance.

The same racist tards that got their Temple destroyed in A.D. 70 were the main sect who ended up becoming 'modern' Jewish culture and dominating the theology, while all the smart ones converted to the much more dynamic and religiously and culturally valid Jewish Christian sect and moved on to greater things, while most of the 'old school' Jewish Orthodox still stagnate, with most ethnic Jews now secular and not religious at all, but still quite a few who identify as an ethnic tribe.

lol on edit I quoted the wrong post, but never mind, it still works here.

Anybody out in the Peanut Gallery interested in a non-religious history and social study of Jewish society and culture in Jesus's day should get Joachim Jeremia's Jerusalem in the Time of Jesus, an excellent academic work on the times. It's available fro reading free someplace on the internetz, but I didn't save the link for it, but one can not that almost a third of the study is about the Jewish obsession with 'racial purity' laws in place at the time. very extensive and elaborate, right down to their regulations for slaves having to be converted after a specified length of time.
You can also read the Talmudic Tract Yoma for where your secular “superman” took most of his material.
It’s in English and discusses many of the reasons the Priests were letting their genetic inheritance go to their head.
You see, unlike the Church, where everyone shits GOLD, the rabbis lay it all out as a lesson to be learned.

What historical method.

Very esoteric.

No one who is seriously interested has asked yet, just trolls and bigots.

What historical method.

Very esoteric.

I notice you carry much more validity in the Political and Economic Threads than in the Religion Threads.

Very esoteric.

I notice you carry much more validity in the Political and Economic Threads than in the Religion Threads.

I notice you wouldn't go out and buy the sources I would give; you're not really interested in genuine Biblical studies, just bias affirmation. I don't use web pages for many sources, I use actual texts. If they happen to also be online, well and good; otherwise I have to do more work, and it's not worth my time to do so for trolls.

And re either of the Talmuds, they aren't sources, so no need to bother with them, except to cite one of the points in answers that are interesting.

Very esoteric.

I notice you wouldn't go out and buy the sources I would give; you're not really interested in genuine Biblical studies, just bias affirmation.
I spend my time on the original.
Why should I read the work of someone who got all of their material from the several hundred books I already own?
You don’t realize how critical Jews are of each other.
Unlike Christians, we don’t worship Jews with egos.
My town has at least 20 converts whose children are married and many are an integral part of our community.

Why?
You’re boring.

In what way were YOU "beliefs" treated like shit, dingbat. Did someone deny the COOKIE RECIPE WITH CHRISTIAN BLOOD upon which you were brought up?

Ah, now Rosie is in her true mien here, regurgitating hysterical fictions.

Forum List

Back