Joni Mitchell wants songs off Spotify in Covid row

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
Singer Joni Mitchell has joined Neil Young in asking for her music to be removed from Spotify over Covid misinformation concerns.

"Irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives," the Canadian singer said in a post on her official website.

On Monday, Young said the streaming platform must choose either him, or the podcaster Joe Rogan.

"I look at life from both sides now" is her big song.

How many musicians leaving Spotify will it take?

Singer Joni Mitchell has joined Neil Young in asking for her music to be removed from Spotify over Covid misinformation concerns.

"Irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives," the Canadian singer said in a post on her official website.

On Monday, Young said the streaming platform must choose either him, or the podcaster Joe Rogan.

For once we agree

I want joni mitchell removed from Spotify too

Spotify has a huge contract with Rogen so they aren't going to do squat. To break it would likely bankrupt them.

But this is a good example of what one should do. If you don't like what someone is doing, don't do business with them.

Spotify has a huge contract with Rogen so they aren't going to do squat. To break it would likely bankrupt them.

But this is a good example of what one should do. If you don't like what someone is doing, don't do business with them.
Hopefully fans of Neil and Joni will do what I did. Cancel their Spotify subscription.

LOL.....Looks like the who Laurel Canyon bunch (those still alive) are pissed at Spotify.

Who's next, Jackson Brown?

Get rid of all of the over 70 rockers.
They're trying to relive the 60s by acting like bigots.

Spotify is already losing money.
This will sink them for good unless they do something about leftist bigots trying to silence speech.

Get rid of all of the over 70 rockers.
They're trying to relive the 60s by acting like bigots.

Spotify is already losing money.
This will sink them for good unless they do something about leftist bigots trying to silence speech.
LOL....Oh how the worm has turned....Hippies are now bigots....You can't make this shit up.

Because fascism is GOOD, right?

Why on God's green earth should being a fan of certain musical artists entail a hatred for the liberal principle of free speech or opposition to the official Chicom narrative??
Actually Neil Young and I have a lot in common most importantly the support of Native Americans.
I’m on Spotify. They don’t pay artists anywhere near what they should. Fuk em.

Actually Neil Young and I have a lot in common most importantly the support of Native Americans.
I’m on Spotify. They don’t pay artists anywhere near what they should. Fuk em.
Supporting native Americans has NOTHING to do with the way the globaliat establishment is controlling the Covid narrative and stomping all over human rights.

Let's see the bigger argument here. Neil Young didn't want to be associated with other aspects of a business. He didn't agree with what they were doing. So he said if what he disagreed with stayed the same, he was leaving and he did.

Now on the other hand we have people that don't like what a platform is doing and they want the government to pass laws to stop them and punish them.

I know which side I've been supporting for a long time.

To silence a guy who's only "crime is to let people speak their mind on his show?

How about they go on his show and counter what they don't seem to like?

I'm sure he'd love to have them on.

To silence a guy who's only "crime is to let people speak their mind on his show?

How about they go on his show and counter what they don't seem to like?

I'm sure he'd love to have them on.
Yep. These retarded authoritarians only understanding of the world is that they must obey and march in lockstep.

Questioning anything is dangerous.

Yep. These retarded authoritarians only understanding of the world is that they must obey and march in lockstep.

Questioning anything is dangerous.

There are two separate issues at play, the first is asking government to do your dirty work (or government asking corporations to do their dirtywork)

The second is being so fucking full of yourself that you can't even be on the same platform or be in the same room as someone who disagrees with you, or in Rogan's case someone who simply has someone that disagrees with you on your show.

Who cares--she hasn't had anything worth listening to since the 70's anyway and I already have those albums digitized. Meh.

Forum List

Back