Graham Nash dumps Spotify

You almost gotta laugh. Former music celebs with typical reputations for being rebels and of not trusting government and big brother during their peak years, have willingly become part of the establishment in their old age and agents of big brother when it's politically expedient. What freaking morons.

They're striving to be relevant again

meh.

I haven't been wearing a mask in any stores now for over a year. . . what of it?

:dunno:
OMG! About 5% max wear masks in and around Sioux Falls, and even fewer in the small town where I live. You simply walk into a store or a restaurant or bar. No sweat. It's good to be free!

OMG! About 5% max wear masks in and around Sioux Falls, and even fewer in the small town where I live. You simply walk into a store or a restaurant or bar. No sweat. It's good to be free!
The more liberal cities in my state, you will see more paranoid folk wear them, but in the small town, folks are better educated and more informed about how useless they are, and folks don't hang on their devices and live in corporate media bubbles as much. They just have no tolerance for the police state bullshit. They are aware of the science.

The more liberal cities in my state, you will see more paranoid folk wear them, but in the small town, folks are better educated and more informed about how useless they are, and folks don't hang on their devices and live in corporate media bubbles as much. They just have no tolerance for the police state bullshit. They are aware of the science.
Very true here in flyover country as well. Us rednecks are the ones who actually have the bona fide science background.

This is not censorship, nobody is demanding the Govt does something, nobody is even demanding that Spotify do anything. This is no different than an individual saying "I will not shop there due to their policies"

Seems you all support such boycotts when they favor your side
They have the right to do as they want. But they are trying to shut down an alternative treatments. But they have that right.

So we have Nash and Young

All we need is Crosby and Stills
I haven't listened to Nash, Young, Mitchell in probably 30 years. As far as the fourth person, I have no idea who she is at all. I'm trying to figure out with thousands of musicians and a billion songs, is anyone going to miss any of these artists?

It's not the 'jab' the truck drivers are protesting it's MANDATING it. The Spotify 'artists' are protesting because someone is expressing an OPINION they disagree with. Quite different IMO.
Yes I know, I heard t-mobile is going to fire any employees that aren't vaccinated. If true I'm going to switch to patriot mobile. Been with them since they were suncom. About 22 years.

I haven't listened to Nash, Young, Mitchell in probably 30 years. As far as the fourth person, I have no idea who she is at all. I'm trying to figure out with thousands of musicians and a billion songs, is anyone going to miss any of these artists?
The only people that it's going to hurt is them. Their fan base is dying off.

This is not censorship, nobody is demanding the Govt does something, nobody is even demanding that Spotify do anything. This is no different than an individual saying "I will not shop there due to their policies"

Seems you all support such boycotts when they favor your side

Dude, when someone de-platforms you for political reasons, that is censorship because Rogan doesn't get to reach as many listeners as he otherwise might. Spotify may have that right to determine who they allow to be heard on their service, but just because it's legal doesn't mean it ain't censorship. I can see it for business reasons, it's a for-profit service but I haven't heard that as the reason for what they did.

The gov't cannot legally do it, but individuals and private groups can. That doesn't make it right. I guess it depends on the issue.

"Seems you all support such boycotts when they favor your side"

Not really. If someone's rights are being violated, I can see using a boycott and without regard to which side is the violator.

No.

Two more artists are leaving Spotify in the wake of its Joe Rogan controversy. In separate Instagram posts, Graham Nash and India Arie announced that they're leaving the music streaming platform, following in the footsteps of Neil Young and Joni Mitchell.

Nash is a real dipchit for opposing Rogan talking about a medication that has saved millions of lives.
The Left needs to accept the fact that the vaccines are not 100% effective.
Other countries have used ivermectin to cure millions of cases of Covid.
Rogan has the right to express his opinion on the issue of Covid medications.
He was vaccinated and he still caught Covid and he was treated with the ivermectin medication and it worked great for him.
The Left Wingers are showing their true totalitarian cultish colors.
Censorship is the tool of tyrants.

I don't use Spotify, not even sure what it is. If I want to hear Young or Nash, I do this crazy thing and actually get out one of their 45 year old albums and put it on the table!

But it seems to me that taking your shit off a service like Spotify just costs you more listeners!

alang1216 asked me earlier for an example of the Left using anti-free market tactics! Well, here we are again! Don't listen to Rogan not because you agree or disagree with his views but because the leftist mob have driven him off the internet to silence him and deny others the choice to choose freely themselves.

Two more artists are leaving Spotify in the wake of its Joe Rogan controversy. In separate Instagram posts, Graham Nash and India Arie announced that they're leaving the music streaming platform, following in the footsteps of Neil Young and Joni Mitchell.

Nash is a real dipchit for opposing Rogan talking about a medication that has saved millions of lives.
The Left needs to accept the fact that the vaccines are not 100% effective.
Other countries have used ivermectin to cure millions of cases of Covid.
Rogan has the right to express his opinion on the issue of Covid medications.
He was vaccinated and he still caught Covid and he was treated with the ivermectin medication and it worked great for him.
The Left Wingers are showing their true totalitarian cultish colors.
Censorship is the tool of tyrants.
Lol we live in a free capitalist society where we get to decide who we do buisness with ourselves.

Forum List

Back