John Kasich and Newt Gingrich best POTUS candidates

Judicial review

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
Columbus Ohio
They both play the most important roles in fixing the economy and welfare and budget in the 90's. Everything we need done they have already done in high level roles. Gingrich was a creator and signer of the first contract of America.

They both play the most important roles in fixing the economy and welfare and budget in the 90's. Everything we need done they have already done in high level roles. Gingrich was a creator and signer of the first contract of America.
natrualgas gas don't pay any attention to all the screeching you're gonna get from the left wingnuts. It's just their mating call.

I really do not see this coming to pass. Kasich is relatively unknown, but that may not be a bad thing and Newt has more baggage then an airport terminal.

I really do not see this coming to pass. Kasich is relatively unknown, but that may not be a bad thing and Newt has more baggage then an airport terminal.

I've listened to Kasich a few times and have to admit I am very impressed with him.

No doubt he is an engaging speaker. I not too wild about some of his positions but he seems to be doing a decent job running Ohio.

I like Newt, a lot. He's a former university professor, so unlike our current president, he's actually read books, and he's written a few good ones too, without benefit of all the ghost writers our current idiot-in-chief will require. He has great political experience and great political savvy. He's the kind of person we need in the White House.

I've listened to Kasich a few times and have to admit I am very impressed with him.

No doubt he is an engaging speaker. I not too wild about some of his positions but he seems to be doing a decent job running Ohio.

What positions bother you, if you mind I ask.

I like Newt, a lot. He's a former university professor, so unlike our current president, he's actually read books, and he's written a few good ones too, without benefit of all the ghost writers our current idiot-in-chief will require. He has great political experience and great political savvy. He's the kind of person we need in the White House.

I was an early supporter of Newts until he went batty in interviews. One thing about Newt though, the guys is brilliant and he would win in any debate. It's just those off the cuff remarks that bother me.

He's getting my vote in November. He has done a decent job as governor and deserves to be re-elected. I'm not sure how conservatives would react to some of the stunts he has pulled though. When the legislature put a stop to Medicaid expansion under Obamacare, Kasich did what some considered illegal by forming a committee that oversees the state budget to approve the expansion despite both houses being against it. Now, tea party members are swearing that they will not support Kasich in November, but Kasich is still likely to win as he has picked up a great deal of support from moderates who would otherwise have voted Democrat. Kasich has proven to be a pragmatist. While he has cut the state budget substantially, and balanced the budget, the one problem it has created is that it has forced school districts to ask for more and more money locally as state revenue has been reduced to almost nothing, leaving many school districts with massive deficits. In many ways, he just passed the buck on to the local communities. The bad thing about that is that it really hurts lower income school districts the most, because they are least likely to pass school levies that will increase their tax burden when they can't pay the bills they already have. In districts such as my own, there has even been a struggle to pass some levies, but then again, this district just built five new schools and expanded a couple others, so they are still paying on that.

I'll sum it up for you Kasich is a successful Paul Ryan with better communication and more common sense. He was also the budget chairman when the balanced budgets were passed that led to the surplus. He's also a better Gov that Chris Christie with Federal experience in very high levels for over a decade on his resume. If you thought Christian was popular just wait for Kasich to pop out and go on those national news stations in a few months. Plus, people like him because he has that likability factor.

He's getting my vote in November. He has done a decent job as governor and deserves to be re-elected. I'm not sure how conservatives would react to some of the stunts he has pulled though. When the legislature put a stop to Medicaid expansion under Obamacare, Kasich did what some considered illegal by forming a committee that oversees the state budget to approve the expansion despite both houses being against it. Now, tea party members are swearing that they will not support Kasich in November, but Kasich is still likely to win as he has picked up a great deal of support from moderates who would otherwise have voted Democrat. Kasich has proven to be a pragmatist. While he has cut the state budget substantially, and balanced the budget, the one problem it has created is that it has forced school districts to ask for more and more money locally as state revenue has been reduced to almost nothing, leaving many school districts with massive deficits. In many ways, he just passed the buck on to the local communities. The bad thing about that is that it really hurts lower income school districts the most, because they are least likely to pass school levies that will increase their tax burden when they can't pay the bills they already have. In districts such as my own, there has even been a struggle to pass some levies, but then again, this district just built five new schools and expanded a couple others, so they are still paying on that.

That is all very interesting. Wonder how he can get more funding for schools or at least matching funds.

I'll sum it up for you Kasich is a successful Paul Ryan with better communication and more common sense. He was also the budget chairman when the balanced budgets were passed that led to the surplus. He's also a better Gov that Chris Christie with Federal experience in very high levels for over a decade on his resume. If you thought Christian was popular just wait for Kasich to pop out and go on those national news stations in a few months. Plus, people like him because he has that likability factor.

I know he has that likability factor! He might be someone to watch! You are really getting me excited about him. Thanks.

natrualgas gas don't pay any attention to all the screeching you're gonna get from the left wingnuts. It's just their mating call.

I wont but they are welcome to wash my feet with oil and pour my win glass after my security tastes it first. :)

I have friends in Ohio, mostly Republican but a few Democrats. Every one of them have remarked to me that Kasich has turned Ohio around and is doing a remarkable job in attracting businesses to move there. I heard him say in an interview that he wants to outdo Rick Perry of Texas in attracting business.

I know he has that likability factor! He might be someone to watch! You are really getting me excited about him. Thanks.

Hey! It's my pleasure. He's my Gov I live a few miles from him. My family has meet him at the airport waiting for a flight. We all sat in economy! Keep an eye on him. He not even a dark horse he's a legit candidate that can win in the General.

What positions bother you, if you mind I ask.

I don't mind at all. I dislike his positions on the death penalty, gay marriage, and medical marijuana.

I do however like his positions on gun laws, school vouchers, expanding nuclear energy.

I have friends in Ohio, mostly Republican but a few Democrats. Every one of them have remarked to me that Kasich has turned Ohio around and is doing a remarkable job in attracting businesses to move there. I heard him say in an interview that he wants to outdo Rick Perry of Texas in attracting business.

He had the state auditor find business owners that overpaid on their taxes and he invited them to dinner to present them with refund checks that they weren't even expecting. This guy is PRO business.

Forum List

Back