Joe B's take on the Midterms

Nonsense, this abomination of an 'election' has it's roots deep in the same cesspit as 2020.
No it doesn't. You notice the screams and cries of FRAUD!! are way more muted than after 2020.
Election deniers aren't getting the traction this time around. They are being sent to the curb with the rest of the garbage. :)

Not you certainly. I've come to accept all you haters are actually closeted MAGA fanbois lashing out because you're too ashamed to admit it. Nobody else could spend so much time and effort on Trump if they didn't have a thing for him.

We shouldn't spend any time on Trump, but he refuses to go away. Most presidents who lose have the grace to get off the stage and become respected elder statesmen - Carter, Ford, Bush. Not Trump. He'll burn down the GOP before he'll give it up.

Meanwhile in CT......

20221109_215522_jpg-2594424.JPG

Thanks Tater

giphy.gif

Trying to save some money, you could try this, it looks to be legit though in the NE who knows given they are all crooks up there:

CashHeatingOil.com: Discount Heating Oil Prices in CT, Long Island NY, NJ, PA, RI, MD, MA and Westchester, NY

he was pretty ineffective joe....didnt do much and whatever newsome did in cal steve did likewise in Nevada....especially during covid.....

And considering that NV's entire economy was based on tourism, I can see why that cost him.

Why America's Covid response was a failure in general.... Americans just weren't willing to make sacrifices to contain it.

No it doesn't. You notice the screams and cries of FRAUD!! are way more muted than after 2020.
Election deniers aren't getting the traction this time around. They are being sent to the curb with the rest of the garbage. :)
Yet here we are days later without results of House races. This isn't hard stuff, for over two hundred years we settled elections in a day.

We shouldn't spend any time on Trump, but he refuses to go away. Most presidents who lose have the grace to get off the stage and become respected elder statesmen - Carter, Ford, Bush. Not Trump. He'll burn down the GOP before he'll give it up.
He never goes away because fanbois like you keep him relevant. You folks never stop talking about him, like schoolgirls and their first crush.

And considering that NV's entire economy was based on tourism, I can see why that cost him.

Why America's Covid response was a failure in general.... Americans just weren't willing to make sacrifices to contain it.
like i said....useless.....had no ideas of his own...he is a follower not a leader.....

He never goes away because fanbois like you keep him relevant. You folks never stop talking about him, like schoolgirls and their first crush.

We aren't the ones who show up for his rallies feeding his inflated ego. that would be you guys.

We aren't the ones sending him money that could have been better spent on actual campaigns.

You guys are the ones who can't quit Trump, and he'll lose 2024 for you, too. Time to rip off the bandage.

the strip was shut down for a month.....those people made sacrifices....

Some ruminations on the midterms.

The Red Wave turned into a pink mist. Not since 2002 has an out of power party done so poorly in a midterm. The Republicans have lost governorships, state legislatures, and as it stands now, may only gain a handful of seats in the House. This despite gerrymandering, voter suppression attempts and massive amounts of money spent, this was a poor performance for the GOP despite all the polls.

1) Trump remains a motivator - people just do not like Donald Trump! They never liked him. If the 2022 midterms were a referendum on Trump, this would be the FOURTH time the voters rejected him. (As he lost the popular votes in 2016 and 2020, lost control of the House in 2018, and was the root cause of an underwhelming performance for the GOP this year. Yet the GOP just can't quit the guy. I suspect there will be a very ugly civil war in 2024 as the GOP establishment rallies around DeSantis and the hard core cultist rally around Trump. :popcorn:

2) Fear and Revenge aren't a platform - You guys scared the straights. Unlike past GOP waves like the Contract with America and the Tea Party, which had very specific goals, all the GOP had this year was scaring you and vowing revenge on your enemies. "Oh, noes, BLM is going to get you." Um, BLM largely went home a year ago. "Oh, noes, the Trannies are coming for your children". Not really. "America is this horrid hellscape!" Um, no, not really. Sure, inflation is bad, but the Republicans don't actually have a plan to combat it other than the usual "Let's cut taxes for rich people" which never really helps.

3) SCOTUS really screwed you guys. - Without a doubt, reaction to Dobbs was a factor. Young people, who would be the most seriously effected by compulsory parenthood, came out in droves to protest it, and it showed. It's going to be worse for you in 2024 when some of the horror stories out of Jesusland about young women being seriously maimed when they can't get prompt attention for entoptic pregnancies start emerging.

4) Democrats, can we stop trying to make Stacey Adams a thing? - Seriously, this is the second time this woman has lost, badly, but the Democrats keep trying to promote her. I for the life of me can't figure out why they make her a national spokesperson and even shoehorned her into an episode of Star Trek: Discovery. (I could make the snarky comment that she's not an actor, but you can say the same for most of the cast of that show.) Stop trying to make her a thing.

5) After a nuclear War, all that's going to be left are the Cockroaches and Ron Johnson - How does this guy keep surviving?

6) The big winners - Newsom and Pritzker. - Both won re-election handily... and are probably the leading contenders for the Democratic nomination should Joe Biden decide he doesn't want to be the country's first octogenarian president. (Actually, he will be when he turns 80 a couple of weeks, but you get my point. This is no country for old men!)

7) Crappy celebrity candidates - Can we say we've had enough of them? Dr. Oz and Hershell Walker have no business being in the Senate. Why did you guys nominate them.

Great Analysis, but THE big winner, was Gretchen Witmer who won the governor ship, the State House and Senate. Her win was as big as Ron DeSantis on the GOP side.

We aren't the ones who show up for his rallies feeding his inflated ego. that would be you guys.

We aren't the ones sending him money that could have been better spent on actual campaigns.

You guys are the ones who can't quit Trump, and he'll lose 2024 for you, too. Time to rip off the bandage.
The fact America hating liberals say Trump is a bad thing does more to drive people to him. Liberal fear of the man is palpable.

Some ruminations on the midterms.

The Red Wave turned into a pink mist. Not since 2002 has an out of power party done so poorly in a midterm. The Republicans have lost governorships, state legislatures, and as it stands now, may only gain a handful of seats in the House. This despite gerrymandering, voter suppression attempts and massive amounts of money spent, this was a poor performance for the GOP despite all the polls.

1) Trump remains a motivator - people just do not like Donald Trump! They never liked him. If the 2022 midterms were a referendum on Trump, this would be the FOURTH time the voters rejected him. (As he lost the popular votes in 2016 and 2020, lost control of the House in 2018, and was the root cause of an underwhelming performance for the GOP this year. Yet the GOP just can't quit the guy. I suspect there will be a very ugly civil war in 2024 as the GOP establishment rallies around DeSantis and the hard core cultist rally around Trump. :popcorn:

2) Fear and Revenge aren't a platform - You guys scared the straights. Unlike past GOP waves like the Contract with America and the Tea Party, which had very specific goals, all the GOP had this year was scaring you and vowing revenge on your enemies. "Oh, noes, BLM is going to get you." Um, BLM largely went home a year ago. "Oh, noes, the Trannies are coming for your children". Not really. "America is this horrid hellscape!" Um, no, not really. Sure, inflation is bad, but the Republicans don't actually have a plan to combat it other than the usual "Let's cut taxes for rich people" which never really helps.

3) SCOTUS really screwed you guys. - Without a doubt, reaction to Dobbs was a factor. Young people, who would be the most seriously effected by compulsory parenthood, came out in droves to protest it, and it showed. It's going to be worse for you in 2024 when some of the horror stories out of Jesusland about young women being seriously maimed when they can't get prompt attention for entoptic pregnancies start emerging.

4) Democrats, can we stop trying to make Stacey Adams a thing? - Seriously, this is the second time this woman has lost, badly, but the Democrats keep trying to promote her. I for the life of me can't figure out why they make her a national spokesperson and even shoehorned her into an episode of Star Trek: Discovery. (I could make the snarky comment that she's not an actor, but you can say the same for most of the cast of that show.) Stop trying to make her a thing.

5) After a nuclear War, all that's going to be left are the Cockroaches and Ron Johnson - How does this guy keep surviving?

6) The big winners - Newsom and Pritzker. - Both won re-election handily... and are probably the leading contenders for the Democratic nomination should Joe Biden decide he doesn't want to be the country's first octogenarian president. (Actually, he will be when he turns 80 a couple of weeks, but you get my point. This is no country for old men!)

7) Crappy celebrity candidates - Can we say we've had enough of them? Dr. Oz and Hershell Walker have no business being in the Senate. Why did you guys nominate them.
/-----/ OK OK OK We get it. Orange Man Bad. Now here is a rational view.

Forum List

Back