Joe Biden says Social Security and Medicare need to be on the table to solve deficits.

Are you saying McCarthy is a man of his word?
Like promising no special deals in order to be elected speaker.
So far, all you clowns can come up with is one cherry picked quote from Mike Lee from 2010 saying he wanted it to die on the vine...........and even then you clowns had to edit out the rest of his position I posted earlier.

Sunsetting SS and MEDICARE every 5 years, cancelling the programs without voting for it again and passing each house is nothing less than Russian roulette, and makes the programs more unstable....if they even continue to exist....
Senate rules are still it takes 60 votes to pass any legislation of consequence.

You do realize people invest for retirement for more than one year, right Simp?
So where to you put the cut off? That only those under 30 can invest in the stock market?
Or those within 5 years of retirement can't?

So where to you put the cut off? That only those under 30 can invest in the stock market?
Or those within 5 years of retirement can't?
If it were up to me I would say anyone 40 and older and can opt to stay in the SS program, all others are shifted into a mandatory private program like the counties in TX set up.

SS will go bankrupt at some point. That's a given.. Then you will have people who paid in for 50 years who get nothing. Is that what you want?

So far, all you clowns can come up with is one cherry picked quote from Mike Lee from 2010 saying he wanted it to die on the vine...........and even then you clowns had to edit out the rest of his position I posted earlier.
Dpn't forget the bill to sunset ALL FEDERAL PROGRAMS after 5 years, unless reauthorized.

Remember, republicans RAN on divided government. Promising to keep Biden from getting any legislation passed.

Now apply that to Social Security having to be passed anew every 5 years.

A divided Congress will keep the government functioning, said Scott Jennings, a GOP strategist who worked as an aide to Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and in the White House for President George W. Bush.

“Do I think they're going to do anything much beyond that? No,” Jennings said.

If it were up to me I would say anyone 40 and older and can opt to stay in the SS program, all others are shifted into a mandatory private program like the counties in TX set up.

SS will go bankrupt at some point. That's a given.. Then you will have people who paid in for 50 years who get nothing. Is that what you want?
Social security isn't going to go bankrupt. Even if no tweaking at all is done, it will be able to payout without borrowing, 75% of retirement benefits with what it presently collects.

Try Mississippi dumbass!
Why would I want to go to Mississippi

Texas's 6 wk ban virtually took away the rights of Texas women to seek an abortion. They allowed the ban to stand, breaking the long standing precedent set by Roe v Wade and the once esteemed Court did it without saying a word. The rest of the women it the other 49 states still had the right. Before the Mississippi.

Abortions are still legal in Texas.

ALERT: On June 24, 2022, the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, removing the federal constitutional right to abortion and allowing states to ban and restrict abortion access.

Due to existing Texas laws, abortion is now banned in Texas. While we cannot provide abortion in Texas, we are here to help connect people to care. We can connect you to out-of-state abortion providers and to resources for gas, flights, travel, meals, and childcare expenses.

Visit ppgulfcoast.org/abortionhelp for more information.

Gotta link to the 60 vote requirement?

And then explain how that means he has announced he wants to get rid of SS and Medicare.
Jan 19, 2022 — Manchin has said he will not vote to eliminate or weaken the filibuster and Sinema has defended the 60-vote threshold.

ALERT: On June 24, 2022, the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, removing the federal constitutional right to abortion and allowing states to ban and restrict abortion access.

Due to existing Texas laws, abortion is now banned in Texas. While we cannot provide abortion in Texas, we are here to help connect people to care. We can connect you to out-of-state abortion providers and to resources for gas, flights, travel, meals, and childcare expenses.

Visit ppgulfcoast.org/abortionhelp for more information.

Planned Unparenthood is full of shit.

Under TX law you can get an abortion up to 6 weeks. Abortion isn't banned, liar..

Jan 19, 2022 — Manchin has said he will not vote to eliminate or weaken the filibuster and Sinema has defended the 60-vote threshold.
I accept your concession it isn't part of the proposal by one Senator.

Dismissed, Simp.

Forum List

Back