Joe Biden IS Gutting Our First Amendment (Free Speech)

Biden allied groups, including the Democratic National Committee, are also planning to engage fact-checkers more aggressively and work with SMS carriers to dispel misinformation about vaccines that is sent over social media and text messages.”

The Bastard!

Imagine trying to get the truth out to people?

And posting on a privately owned site is coming to private property.
Difference being these sites invite you to come and you would not have. It is undisclosed that if your speech does not fit into a liberal vein then you and your speech will be removed.

With how the white house is bumbling their words to explain this they are making Trump's lawsuit a shoe in......no judge in their right mind can allow the government to use a business monopoly to do its anti constitution dirty work....next they will have Google employees kick in your doors and take your guns....

Difference being these sites invite you to come and you would not have. It is undisclosed that if your speech does not fit into a liberal vein then you and your speech will be removed.

Bullshit. There is plenty of conservative speech on my FaceBook. Much of it I consider over the line. But I have friends I do not agree with, but they are still my friends.

This is about posting outright lies.

Let's take a look at the now becoming famous Politico story that broke the news a few days ago about Biden and the 1st Amendment (free speech). >> “Biden allied groups, including the Democratic National Committee, are also planning to engage fact-checkers more aggressively and work with SMS carriers to dispel misinformation about vaccines that is sent over social media and text messages.”

Jen Psaki, whose job as press secretary is devoted to making the outlandish sound routine, elaborated on the plan Thursday and confirmed it’s already in operation. Within the Surgeon General’s Office, we’re flagging posts for Facebook that spread disinformation,” Psaki said. “We’re working with doctors and medical professionals to connect medical experts with people, who are popular with their audiences, with accurate information and boost trusted content. So, we’re helping get trusted content out there.”

So the government is not only “flagging” people it doesn’t like, it’s also helping to “boost trusted content.”
“It’s important to take faster action against harmful posts,”
Psaki added. “As you all know, information travels quite quickly on social media platforms. Sometimes it’s not accurate, and Facebook needs to move more quickly to remove harmful violative posts.”

Her words,not accurate” and “harmful violative posts,” are so vague as to give the government an open-ended license to push Facebook and other platforms to censor almost anything somebody in the White House doesn’t like.

Sure, this all starts with disagreements over COVID, but why would it end there? Suppose there’s a story about, oh, let’s take a wild stab and say the foreign business interests of the president’s son that also implicate the president.

Might there be any pressure on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and others to block the story from being shared? Does any of this sound familiar? Psaki dug a deeper hole Friday by arguing that people banned from one social media platform should also be banned from others. Her proposal effectively urges the companies to create a unified ban against American citizens.

On top of Biden’s inflammatory accusation, her remarks and the government’s actions make it clear we are far down the slippery slope.

There’s already one example of the potential impacts. The Post’s expose on Hunter Biden’s laptop last October was blocked by Big Tech for two crucial weeks while voting in the presidential election was underway. Later, a poll found most voters were not aware of the stories, and some 8 percent said they would have voted differently had they known the facts. Most folks might not be seeing how huge this all is.

Thanks to Michael Goodwin at the New York Post for supplying this much of this harrowing information.

Seriously man, are you mentally retarded? You post a quote saying they want to flag disinformation and you translate that to them flagging people they don’t like. If you can’t present your argument with accurate information then how is anybody supposed to take you seriously?!

No, it isn't. If you come in my house demanding to be able to talk about what a great president Trump was, my throwing you out is not curtailing your free speech.

And the feds are not in control of the content of FaceBook, Twitter or any other social media.

The government threatens social media with new regulations. That is coercive to get them to do what they want.

Bullshit. There is plenty of conservative speech on my FaceBook. Much of it I consider over the line. But I have friends I do not agree with, but they are still my friends.

Not long ago Facebook said posts about the virus being man made were lies. Now it seems they are not so sure.

The government threatens social media with new regulations. That is coercive to get them to do what they want.
This is a lie.

Again, no regulation has been enacted; social media are not being ‘coerced.’

The Government Speech Doctrine.

‘As an outgrowth of the government subsidy cases, such as Rust v. Sullivan, the Court has established the “government speech doctrine” that recognizes that a government entity “is entitled to say what it wishes” and to select the views that it wants to express. In this vein, when the government speaks, the government is not barred by the Free Speech Clause of the First Amendment from determining the content of what it says and can engage in viewpoint discrimination. The underlying rationale for the government speech doctrine is that the government could not “function” if the government could not favor or disfavor points of view in enforcing a program. And the Supreme Court has recognized that the government speech doctrine even extends to when the government receives private assistance in helping deliver a government controlled message.’

This is a lie.

Again, no regulation has been enacted; social media are not being ‘coerced.’

The Government Speech Doctrine.

‘As an outgrowth of the government subsidy cases, such as Rust v. Sullivan, the Court has established the “government speech doctrine” that recognizes that a government entity “is entitled to say what it wishes” and to select the views that it wants to express. In this vein, when the government speaks, the government is not barred by the Free Speech Clause of the First Amendment from determining the content of what it says and can engage in viewpoint discrimination. The underlying rationale for the government speech doctrine is that the government could not “function” if the government could not favor or disfavor points of view in enforcing a program. And the Supreme Court has recognized that the government speech doctrine even extends to when the government receives private assistance in helping deliver a government controlled message.’

The government can say "we wish social media did a better job policing what people post".

They are going further by pointing out what they want removed.

Unfortunately not
It’s not about posting a lie that the sky is silver. It’s about posting an opinion that Biden is lousy or Covid is hyped. You are invited in for advertised discussion only to find out later your discussion must fit into a certain vein; such vein having nothing to do with pure “truth”

Limiting your speech on a private platform is not violating your free speech. Just like not allowing you to post everything you want here is not a violation of your free speech.

We crossed this bridge when radio first came about. Standards were set - which the Monopoly isn't subject to. The biggest issue is the Monopoly crushes any competition and is immune to anti-trust and restraint of trade laws. As long as they serve the Reich, you will defend them being above the law.

Right wingers are so simple minded. They don’t even understand the basic concept of free speech. Any right wingers willing to let me put up a sign in their yard saying “Republicans are racist simpletons”? No? What about my free speech?
Knock yourself out. The DNC and the MSM do it on a daily basis.

No, it isn't. If you come in my house demanding to be able to talk about what a great president Trump was, my throwing you out is not curtailing your free speech.

And the feds are not in control of the content of FaceBook, Twitter or any other social media.
Dumbest attempt at an analogy in history.

In your "analogy" the Govt would be there throwing me out, not you. That is the equivalent of what the Biden regime is doing.

Unfortunately not
It’s not about posting a lie that the sky is silver. It’s about posting an opinion that Biden is lousy or Covid is hyped. You are invited in for advertised discussion only to find out later your discussion must fit into a certain vein; such vein having nothing to do with pure “truth”

Much of the stuff Facebook took down were lies. No, it's not OK though for an administration to determine what is a lie and what isn't.

Forum List

Back