Joe Biden Has a Response to Supply Disruptions: Ordering Suppliers to Fix Their Disruptions.

Thanks to California regulations, none of my trucks are allowed into California.

"All other Trucks moving freight thru California must have an engine year of 2007 or newer, and then by 12/31/2022, all trucks must have an engine year of 2010 or newer."

Truck owners loved paying over $3,000 for DPF/DEF/EGR Delete, then cry when they get shut down.

Your article said:
Frank Ponce De Leon, International Longshore & Warehouse Union Coast Committeeman summarized the problem at U.S. ports, which the Commerce department estimates handle 76% of all trade, during comments last week.
Dockworkers remain available for 24-hour shifts to help clear the port backlogs, the longshore union said. But that is not true of the people who move goods from the ships or from ports, other unions say.
"One of the major problems with the current state of logistics is the shortage of port truck drivers. They are not paid a living wage," said Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa, who participated in the meeting with Biden.

I don't know if the statement from Jim Hoffa has validity, as I just don't know any local truckers not being paid a good living wage. I don't live on a coast. Furthermore, statements like that are stock and trade of that family and always has been, whether true or not.

Who in your article mentioned any regulation that should be changed. I am pretty sure none of these people work for this president or any preceding president.
He's not wrong. But it is more nuanced than he is letting on.

In the hierarchy of trucking...intermodal drayage (delivery of containers on chassis) is the bottom of the barrel. They have the oldest most brokendown equipment and are paid the lowest rates. The drivers typically are immigrants, either illegal or on work visas.

The best analogy would be...in general...if longhaul trucking is Nascar... Cartage hauling is the demolition derby circuit.

Last edited:
I knew this already, dumb ass, and it is continuing, like your own article said. Look, Shitforbrains, if you cannot post an article to support your point of view, pick a different article. Nothing you posted supports it, unless your main complaint is Biden held a meeting with movers and shakers in the logistics industry, where none of these movers and shaker remotely suggested a change to Federal regulations that might be holding something up. It is your article, not mine, Dipshit. Learn to pick something you can support.
Is there some federal regulation, you advocate being changed regarding the supply chain bottleneck, that you failed to mention? What is it? Surely you are not dumb enough to advocate the federal government take over private logistics? Not a very conservative move. If that is it, you'd best rethink it, as government (in this country) is not and never was supposed to be the answer to your problems.
Don’t get pissy at me that Brandon thinks telling CEO’s to do their jobs accomplished something.

Truck owners loved paying over $3,000 for DPF/DEF/EGR Delete, then cry when they get shut down.
Most of the big shops won't work on trucks that have been deleted. The EPA will fine them for any deleted engines their diagnostic computers are hooked too that they do not report.

I'm still running 60 Series Detroits, 3406E CATs and an old B model mechanical.

The fruits of the golden age of diesel engines IMO.

Still, the point stands, if capacity is the problem...CARB is the number one roadblock standing in the way. I used to go to Long Beach. It was a fucking mess. Hours looking for a container...only to find out it was loaded on a chassis... Then hours in the flip line to get in flipped onto my flatbed for likely the absolutely lowest rate of anything I hauled. But it was ready to go in lieu of waiting two or three days for a good load.

I still wouldn't go regardless of the regulations or lack thereof... but some folks would...maybe even some of my guys would...but personally, my last trip to California was my last trip ever...I didn't leave anything behind and I'm very happy staying East of the Rockies and West of the original 13 Colonies.

Shockingly, experts say Biden telling business leaders to fix their businesses won’t work.

President Joe Biden is pushing to ease supply shortages and tame rising prices in time for Christmas, but unsnarling U.S. supply lines could take far longer, experts told Reuters.
Biden brought together powerbrokers from ports, unions and big business on Wednesday to address shipping, labor and warehousing pain in the U.S. supply chain, and announced new around-the-clock port operations in Los Angeles.
Again, what do you suggest the President do.

In the meantime.....

DeSantis saving the day as usual! :clap:

Florida to shipping companies: Our ports are open​

DuhDumbAss reveals hos ignorance again.

Any idea the cost and time involved to move a container ship from the west coast to Florida?
DuhDumbAss doesn't either.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Inflation is caused by Trump printing 5 Times more money than all presidents combined!!!!!!!
fredgraph.png

Don't like it? You're free to give back all that stimulus money the FED gave you.

Hmmm, you must have slept through 2020.
i did sleep a lot, i was full from all the food i was able to it, i slept on the furniture i was able to buy…there was a short period it got a little nervous about TP, but only like a week or so…it was caused by the deranged panic set in places like NYC, but only lasted a couple weeks

No money in it...and no future.

The days of outlaw trucking...where the real money was made... are over.

And in a decade or less the automated trucks will start taking over.

And people drive like idiots, there is too much traffic, not enough parking, and a new driver today makes less than I did starting out 25 years ago...when there were less idiots, and less traffic.

I wouldn't do it again if I was 25 today.
Yeah I had a buddy that drove for decades and right before he retired he got out of the big truck and started hauling luxury cars for a small firm. Said it payed better.
I just figured he wanted to drive the exotic cars lol

Progs view of the corporate side is...."You didn't build that". Remember Obama said that. Red Flag. So the government is the answer.

and yet in this thread it is the faux Cons that think the government is the answer.

yet more more example of how the wingnuts are the same, does not matter which side of the bird they are on

He's not wrong. But it is more nuanced than he is letting on.

In the hierarchy of trucking...intermodal drayage (delivery of containers on chassis) is the bottom of the barrel. They have the oldest most brokendown equipment and are paid the lowest rates. The drivers typically are immigrants, either illegal or on work visas.

The best analogy would be...in general...if longhaul trucking is Nascar... Cartage hauling is the demolition derby circuit.
I'm out here in TN and see a lot of containers on I-40 that are obviously long haul, along with the stand cargo, reefer, flatbed and refrigerated loads. I did not know there was a different situation at the ports or that driver picking up containers at the ports were in the lower class of the industry. I can easily see, if you make your money turning that mileage wheel around, but have to spend many hours of time waiting, it is almost as bad as an independent, having to dead head, and you may not be making money.
I managed a distribution warehouse for a few years and am distrustful of truck bookers, brokers and some of the skeezy drivers they use. Naturally my first impulse would be to doubt anything said by the head of the teamster unionized trucking industry, with the family history and teamster history. I cannot help but think Hoffa's statement was made just as advertising to teamster recruiting. I cannot see it as constructive, because it offered no solution, by saying "it is shitty, but pay the container pickup guys more, though it will still be shitty and will not help the bottleneck problem, but the container pickup guys will like it better".

Progs view of the corporate side is...."You didn't build that". Remember Obama said that. Red Flag. So the government is the answer.
That is not a response.
Try again.
What do you suggest the President do?

In the meantime.....

DeSantis saving the day as usual! :clap:

Florida to shipping companies: Our ports are open​

DeSantis is doing something right! :thup: ;)

like I said the other day.

1634348793459.png

Shockingly, experts say Biden telling business leaders to fix their businesses won’t work.

President Joe Biden is pushing to ease supply shortages and tame rising prices in time for Christmas, but unsnarling U.S. supply lines could take far longer, experts told Reuters.
Biden brought together powerbrokers from ports, unions and big business on Wednesday to address shipping, labor and warehousing pain in the U.S. supply chain, and announced new around-the-clock port operations in Los Angeles.
Like with everything else going wrong, it will only be fix ed when idiots get their vaccination. Thanks GOP

Forum List

Back