Jo Jorgensen for President

The number one threat to America is our national debt. Trump doubled the deficit in his first two years. Biden is a Democrat and will continue running trillion dollar deficits.

I therefore cannot in good conscience vote for either party. While I don't agree with much of the Libertarian platform, they at least are real deficit hawks. They don't compromise on that and I respect that.
Sounds like you agree with them on drug legalization as well.

I have never voted for a third party candidate. I was a straight Republican ticket kind of guy. All or nothing.

Since the GOP veered way, way off track from it's principles more than a decade ago, I have stopped voting on the national level since 2006.

Yet I have refused to vote third party in all this time. The reason being that the third parties are all whackadoos.

Well, the Republican party has somehow managed to become the whackiest of all whackadoos, and they are starting to make the Libertarian Party look good.

That's how badly our country has fallen, folks. Libertarians are starting to look like the sane people in the room.

Now, as a die hard Reagan Republican who has been active in politics since the age of 15, I have rubbed elbows with many a Libertarian at various conventions and conferences and whatnot. If you attend a conservative function, there are always Libertarians there.

I am not going to far as to register as a Libertarian. As I have said for many years, I would be a Libertarian except for the fact I have common sense. :tongue:

However, there are certain principles with which I and Libertarians are aligned. More on that in my succeeding posts.

You're a Republican, funny

The number one threat to America is our national debt. Trump doubled the deficit in his first two years. Biden is a Democrat and will continue running trillion dollar deficits.

I therefore cannot in good conscience vote for either party. While I don't agree with much of the Libertarian platform, they at least are real deficit hawks. They don't compromise on that and I respect that.
Sounds like you agree with them on drug legalization as well.
I do.

I used to oppose drug legalization. But I have...evolved. :D

I first came to believe marijuana should be legalized/decriminalized when I saw two old dudes on public access make a very cogent argument.

Recently, I have come to believe all drugs should be legalized/decriminalized. Prohibition created mobsters. The War On Drugs has created cartels and narco terrorists.

It's time to admit we fucked up.

She may have cost Trump the presidency.

Not that I would be bitter....just pointing it out.

I have never voted for a third party candidate. I was a straight Republican ticket kind of guy. All or nothing.

Since the GOP veered way, way off track from it's principles more than a decade ago, I have stopped voting on the national level since 2006.

Yet I have refused to vote third party in all this time. The reason being that the third parties are all whackadoos.

Well, the Republican party has somehow managed to become the whackiest of all whackadoos, and they are starting to make the Libertarian Party look good.

That's how badly our country has fallen, folks. Libertarians are starting to look like the sane people in the room.

Now, as a die hard Reagan Republican who has been active in politics since the age of 15, I have rubbed elbows with many a Libertarian at various conventions and conferences and whatnot. If you attend a conservative function, there are always Libertarians there.

I am not going to far as to register as a Libertarian. As I have said for many years, I would be a Libertarian except for the fact I have common sense. :tongue:

However, there are certain principles with which I and Libertarians are aligned. More on that in my succeeding posts.

You're a Republican, funny

Actually I resigned as a Republican a couple years ago because I could not abide being in the same party as pigfucker Trump. So I am now officially an independent.

Almost 40 years as a straight ticket Republican voter, with a single exception at the request of Bill Buckley.

If you're a principle voter, the GOP doesn't have much to offer. They used to give at least lip service to family values, transparency, limited government, foreign policy, fiscal responsibility.

Now its kinda devolved into a grievance party. Where their defining characteristics are how unfair everything is.

If you still believe in the principles the GOP used to try and claim.......Libertarian makes way more sense than Republican.

I just disagree with that. It's the job of Republicans to earn people's votes, they aren't entitled to them

Disagree with what.

If she took enough votes (not saying all votes would go to Trump), it may have cost him.

It's not her fault for participating.

It is heartbreaking to be so close.

But this is our system.

I just disagree with that. It's the job of Republicans to earn people's votes, they aren't entitled to them

Disagree with what.

If she took enough votes (not saying all votes would go to Trump), it may have cost him.

The point is, she didn't "take" votes from anyone. You could make the opposite claim: that Republicans cost Jorgensen the election. They "took" votes from Libertarians.

If you're a principle voter, the GOP doesn't have much to offer. They used to give at least lip service to family values, transparency, limited government, foreign policy, fiscal responsibility.

Now its kinda devolved into a grievance party. Where their defining characteristics are how unfair everything is.

If you still believe in the principles the GOP used to try and claim.......Libertarian makes way more sense than Republican.
Bingo.

If someone truly believes in family values, limited government, and fiscal responsibility, they have absolutely nothing in common with the modern GOP. They have more in common with the Libertarian party.

Bingo.

If someone truly believes in family values, limited government, and fiscal responsibility, they have absolutely nothing in common with the modern GOP. They have more in common with the Libertarian party.

I would argue that on family values, transparency and foreign policy......the Dems have more to offer than the Republicans. On fiscal responsibility and limited government, neither party is really guided by either principle.

Though I'd argue that the Unitary Executive is a fiercely dangerous threat to limited government. The Dems have been slowly stretching the bounds of executive power. The modern GOP seems to want to swallow it all in one gulp, making the president essentially a King that can only be removed via impeachment.

Barr pitched the idea to Bush Sr. back when the GOP was more incremental. Bush told him it was too much, too fast.

Disagree with what.

The point is, she didn't "take" votes from anyone. You could make the opposite claim: that Republicans cost Jorgensen the election. They "took" votes from Libertarians.

You are correct in your claim.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
If Libertarians had not foolishly and recklessly nominated a candidate but had supported Trump, Trump would have won Wisconsin, Nevada, and Michigan, and would be in a commanding position to win the election. Instead, thanks to destructive, puritanical Libertarians, we just might end up with Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

Libertarians would rather vote for someone who will give them 100% of what they want but who has no chance of winning, even if they know that by doing this they are increasing the chances that they will end up with someone who will give them 0% of what they want. They would rather torpedo the guy who will give them at least 40% of what they want in the name of staying "true" to their "principles."

If Libertarians had not foolishly and recklessly nominated a candidate but had supported Trump, Trump would have won Wisconsin, Nevada, and Michigan, and would be in a commanding position to win the election. Instead, thanks to destructive, puritanical Libertarians, we just might end up with Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

Libertarians would rather vote for someone who will give them 100% of what they want but who has no chance of winning, even if they know that by doing this they are increasing the chances that they will end up with someone who will give them 0% of what they want. They would rather torpedo the guy who will give them at least 40% of what they want in the name of staying "true" to their "principles."

:thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

Fake Libertarian spoiler who will most likely burn in Hell for helping the 666 Satanic DemNazi Party.

Maybe Republicans could have given a crap about what we think is relevant rather than demanding we succumb to you. Ya think?

Here's an interesting factoid for you. The founding fathers were far more libertarian than Republican ....

If Republican had not been foolish and reckless and nominated a candidate that supported Jorgenson, Jorgenson would have won Wisconsin, Nevada and Michigan and would be in a commanding position to win the election. Instead, thank sto the destructive, puritanical Republicans, we just might end up with Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

See how that works?

No one owes Trump a vote. If Trump failed to earn someeone's vote, that Trump's fault. To assume otherwise is entitled and a little whiny.

Fake Libertarian spoiler who will most likely burn in Hell for helping the 666 Satanic DemNazi Party.

There are no 'spoilers'. No one is 'owed' a vote. Nadar didn't spoil a Gore Presidency in 2000. Gore failed to earn the votes of those who went with Nadar.

Likewise, Trump is to blame for his failure to persuade libertarians to vote for him. Not Libertarians.

If Republican had not been foolish and reckless and nominated a candidate that supported Jorgenson, Jorgenson would have won Wisconsin, Nevada and Michigan and would be in a commanding position to win the election. Instead, thank sto the destructive, puritanical Republicans, we just might end up with Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

See how that works?

No one owes Trump a vote. If Trump failed to earn someeone's vote, that Trump's fault. To assume otherwise is entitled and a little whiny.

no I don’t see how that works. That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard

See how that works?

no I don’t see how that works. That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard

Trump is no more owed a Jorgenson vote than Jorgenson is owed a Trump vote.

Forum List

Back