Jesus

Didnt know jews were black.......
There were black Jews in Biblical times (North Africa). The man who helped Jesus carry his cross is thought to have been one. On the other side of the coin, even earlier light-skinned blue eyed Jews were also known to have been in the area 4500 years before Jesus. This does not give us any information about the color of Jesus' skin nor the color of his eyes. As was already mentioned, many Jews were swarthy or olive skinned and dark eyed. Kind of interesting that as the Gospel news spread over all the land to people of all skin tones or to both dark eyes and blue eyes all could relate if eye color and skin tone happened to be important to them. ;)

Is the Modern Face of Jesus Modeled on a ‘Gangster’s Son’?
Common depictions of Jesus as possessing blonde hair and blue eyes are a rather a historical curiosity.
". . .In 2001 forensic anthropologist Richard Neave created a model of a Galilean man for a BBC documentary, Son of God, working on the basis of an actual skull found in the region. Neave did not claim his model showed Jesus’s face but rather offered it as a means of prompting people to consider a Jesus who looked like a man of his time and place, since the Bible does not describe Jesus as having distinctive features:"

jesus-cesare-borgia-.jpg

Eyes of fire/flame. In short..golden eyes. But what if He had blue or green eyes or eve hazel with fleck of lighter golden hues? What if he did look like the BBC guy? Hair like wool. That spells black to me. Or brown. No golden locks that curl gently or a greecian nose. He was Hebrew. With wooly hair. It is not the skin or eye hue. Its the message. Overall, he was a kind man. How many of us know non handsome or non pretty women with hearts of gold? I know plenty.

There were black Jews in Biblical times (North Africa). The man who helped Jesus carry his cross is thought to have been one. On the other side of the coin, even earlier light-skinned blue eyed Jews were also known to have been in the area 4500 years before Jesus. This does not give us any information about the color of Jesus' skin nor the color of his eyes. As was already mentioned, many Jews were swarthy or olive skinned and dark eyed. Kind of interesting that as the Gospel news spread over all the land to people of all skin tones or to both dark eyes and blue eyes all could relate if eye color and skin tone happened to be important to them. ;)

There were NO Jews 4500 years before Jesus.

How bout just regular jewish........Abraham was not from Africa

Eyes of fire/flame. In short..golden eyes. But what if He had blue or green eyes or eve hazel with fleck of lighter golden hues? What if he did look like the BBC guy? Hair like wool. That spells black to me. Or brown. No golden locks that curl gently or a greecian nose. He was Hebrew. With wooly hair. It is not the skin or eye hue. Its the message. Overall, he was a kind man. How many of us know non handsome or non pretty women with hearts of gold? I know plenty.

Not all Hebrews had wooly hair... nor do most Arabs or Lebanese or Syrians.

So....why is He depicted as blonde, with wavy long hair, and blue eyes? He was hebrew. Hebrews were dark.
Only Mormons portray him as blonde with blue eyes.

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) and I have never seen Jesus in his ministry on earth portrayed as a blonde in my 52 years of membership.

Different strokes for different folks. Point is, which is being missed by many, deliberately or not...is the problem of the religion forum..regardless of what denomination etc...is being overrun by people who DON'T believe and are only there to ridicule and berate.

Gracie, Revelation is alchemical in nature and must not be taken literally.

So....why is He depicted as blonde, with wavy long hair, and blue eyes? He was hebrew. Hebrews were dark.
Only Mormons portray him as blonde with blue eyes.

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) and I have never seen Jesus in his ministry on earth portrayed as a blonde in my 52 years of membership.
You never been to the Mormon temple museum in a Salt Lake City?

KxHRYQXlYmcoVM4uq4jsvbVMZTEaq7UEj5KhHEgrqqHTV50V7n-5MwZERJVYN0HgJxaEfgGf3KdFuvQXsj5IiOGgQwLjfpyCKfaeasc53PM609vv3hIflPG1Ub91Ib6FVMY

Forum List

Back