Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Could be. I recall reading that in the Temple, particularly during high holy days, that those who were subservient to Annas and Caiaphas (who were of the same family) were at the Temple, and the two probably encouraged them to "help out" during the trial of Jesus.
could be----that was a very small minority of people---the SADDUCEES---a small group but POWERFUL because they were the clients of Rome and despised by the majority

The racism that many show against Jews, must by definition include Jesus, as he only taught Jewish traditions along with his criticisms of it. This included the Jewish esoteric and mystical teachings similar to Gnostic Christian thinking. Jesus’ forte.

Yahweh chose to have the Jews and Romans sacrifice Jesus and thus the Jews hold no blame.

Yahweh loved the Jews and it seems counter intuitive to have religions like Christianity and Islam, who have usurped the Jewish Yahweh and Jesus from the Jews, to try to take the Jew out of Jesus and hating that Jewishness.

Jewry is the root and patriarch of Christianity and Islam, yet those religions do not seem to respect their own Jewish roots.

Roots should be revered. Christians and Muslims do not love or respect their religious fathers and mothers; so to speak.

Jesus was a Jew.

Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Regards
DL
Some say it goes back to the time Pompey marched into Jerusalem. When the more militant Jews sought to take Jerusalem back from the Romans, the Jewish and Gentile Christians did not support them or try to prevent the expulsion of most Jews from their land. And this created the great schism between Judaism and Christianity.

I personally take that with a grain of salt as I think the schism existed from the first Jewish followers of Jesus. But it isn't really important. The history gets distorted at times then and throughout the ages all the way into modern times.

Various rulers of countries found it convenient to accuse/blame the Jews for the difficulties in those countries. Pograms/ethnic massacres were common. The Crusades targeted Jews as well as Muslims. The Tzars expelled most of the Jews aka "Christ killers" from Russia and what is now the Ukraine in the late 19th Century and severe restrictions were placed on the Jews in many places in both eastern and western Europe throughout the middle ages.

So I think the schisms have pretty much existed since Christianity began though there is very little Christian persecution of the Jews, if any, now if you don't count the unreasonable and hateful antisemitism directed at Jews by I think mostly non-Christians these days.

And the why? I think the large majority is just as senseless as all other forms of bigotry without rhyme or reason.

No, it’s not.

yes, that is their charter ...

1713234759963.jpeg

uky is playing word game for what is real christian -

the bible belt has never been any different theirs is the 4th century christian bible, written by the crucifiers.

I can call myself a kangaroo, but that doesn’t mean I’m a kangaroo.

The racism that many show against Jews, must by definition include Jesus, as he only taught Jewish traditions along with his criticisms of it. This included the Jewish esoteric and mystical teachings similar to Gnostic Christian thinking. Jesus’ forte.

Yahweh chose to have the Jews and Romans sacrifice Jesus and thus the Jews hold no blame.

Yahweh loved the Jews and it seems counter intuitive to have religions like Christianity and Islam, who have usurped the Jewish Yahweh and Jesus from the Jews, to try to take the Jew out of Jesus and hating that Jewishness.

Jewry is the root and patriarch of Christianity and Islam, yet those religions do not seem to respect their own Jewish roots.

Roots should be revered. Christians and Muslims do not love or respect their religious fathers and mothers; so to speak.

Jesus was a Jew.

Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Regards
DL
I do think it is a shame. I guess you could say I am a Christian, but I also enjoy religous studies and enjoy submersing myself in many other religions including Islam and Judaism. I have had Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Buddist, Sihk, Atheist, Hindu, Gnostic, Satanist and Diest friends. I am very accepting of people from a really wide range of beliefs. I have dabbled in each religion and thought each had something useful to teach me.

I will say of the bible I always loved the Old Testament the most which could be considered the Torah. I always enjoy listening to how Jewish scholars interpet the old testament, they seem to know more about the Old Testament and give me better answers than the answers I get from Christian ministers at churches.

Some say it goes back to the time Pompey marched into Jerusalem.

When the more militant Jews sought to take Jerusalem back from the Romans, the Jewish and Gentile Christians did not support them or try to prevent the expulsion of most Jews from their land.

And this created the great schism between Judaism and Christianity.

I personally take that with a grain of salt as I think the schism existed from the first Jewish followers of Jesus. But it isn't really important. The history gets distorted at times then and throughout the ages all the way into modern times.

Various rulers of countries found it convenient to accuse/blame the Jews for the difficulties in those countries. Pograms/ethnic massacres were common.

The Crusades targeted Jews as well as Muslims. The Tzars expelled most of the Jews aka "Christ killers" from Russia and what is now the Ukraine in the late 19th Century and severe restrictions were placed on the Jews in many places in both eastern and western Europe throughout the middle ages.

So I think the schisms have pretty much existed since Christianity began though there is very little Christian persecution of the Jews, if any, now if you don't count the unreasonable and hateful antisemitism directed at Jews by I think mostly non-Christians these days.

And the why? I think the large majority is just as senseless as all other forms of bigotry without rhyme or reason.

In 63 BC? There were no Christians in 63 BC.... and no Muslims either.

is SEMANTICS all you got? Judah was Jacob's fourth son. On his deathbed---
as your catechism thug should have taught you----Jacob (aka Israel) named
Judah as his successor to RULE------thus the people called "the children of Israel"
in the bible were to be ruled by the KINGDOM OF JUDAH------the romans
were so delighted with the name JUDAH----that they called "palestina"
"JUDEA" when they got their paws on that land millennia later. Language
being what it is the words "Palestine" and "Judea" and "jew" are still
used "Palestinian" was, until very recently, a word that meant
JEW WHO LIVES IN PALESTINA ----------until about 50 years ago----
there were no Palestinian muslims or christians. The only people who
got "Palestinian" stamped on their government papers-----in the first half of
the 20th century were JEWS, In the second half of the 20th century they
became ISRAELIS. "arabs" used to be people from the Arabian
peninsula which----who LONG LONG AGO had a language that we call
"Arabic" In biblical times (ie more than 2000 years ago) arabs were called
ISMAELITES which does not actually make them related to historic Ishmael.
They were characterized as illiterate nomads with no permanent homes
who tended towards robbery on the silk road.and slave trade Today. Hebrew and Arabic are both SEMITIC LANGUAGES----just
as Spanish and French are both "romance" languages meanng they are
linguistically linked to Latin. Spanish is not French, Hebrew is not Arabic, ----
even Hindi is not Sanskrit. They were not canaanites back then. Canaanites
were "MOLOCH" worshippers who sacrificed babies to their "god" Abraham
was a migrant from Mesopotamia

There were many Canaanite tribes including the Jews.

The archaeological record of the Canaanites in the period before “Israel” arrives on the scene is difficult on many fronts, and the problem doesn’t end when Israel arrives either, since the Canaanites seem to coexist alongside Israel in an ambiguous manner.

The Hebrew Bible considers the Canaanites and groups associated with them—Amorites, Hittites, Jebusites, Hivites, Perizzites, and Girgashites—constituting what tradition calls the “seven nations of Canaan,” as distinct people who are to be variously resisted or destroyed.

I can call myself a kangaroo, but that doesn’t mean I’m a kangaroo.

The Canaanites and their affiliated tribe the Jebusites are said to be an Arab people who emigrated before the “Jews” around 2500 b.c.e. to Palestine from the Arabian Peninsula.

The Canaanites were a Semitic people. The original homeland of the Semitic-speaking peoples is disputed, with some placing it in Mesopotamia, and others in northeast Africa. The Levant was first permanently settled by the Natufian culture which flourished between 12,500 and 9,500 BC.

The archaeological record of the Canaanites in the period before “Israel” arrives on the scene is difficult on many fronts, and the problem doesn’t end when Israel arrives either, since the Canaanites seem to coexist alongside Israel in an ambiguous manner. The Hebrew Bible considers the Canaanites and groups associated with them—Amorites, Hittites, Jebusites, Hivites, Perizzites, and Girgashites—constituting what tradition calls the “seven nations of Canaan,” as distinct people who are to be variously resisted or destroyed.

The Romans remained in control of Jerusalem long after the initial Roman takeover of Jerusalem and well into the Christian era.

There were no Christians or Muslims when Pompey took Jerusalem in 63 BC.

Foxfyre did you write this?

When the more militant Jews sought to take Jerusalem back from the Romans, the Jewish and Gentile Christians did not support them or try to prevent the expulsion of most Jews from their land.

There were many Canaanite tribes including the Jews.
not IN THE LAND CALLED the KINGDOM OF JUDAH and later on
the Kingdom of Judah and the Kingdom of Israel. The land that Herodotus
called PALESTINA ----was extensive and includes all sorts of tribes but the
land that the Romans (during their occupation) called JUDEA did not---
You are getting yourself very confused. Of course muslims make it easy---
it is ALL and ALWAYS WAS ----muslim land---and the koran was written in
Jannah before anyone ate an apple in the GARDEN OF EDEN
The Canaanites and their affiliated tribe the Jebusites are said to be an Arab people who emigrated before the “Jews” around 2500 b.c.e. to Palestine from the Arabian Peninsula.
who said that? silly idea---the migrants from Arabia were few and SPOKE arabic. The Jebusites spoke and ??probably wrote?? in AKKADIAN (in cuneiform)-----the people of arabia did not write----of course----if you ask
a BAATHIST-----everyone was an arab and PITA AND FELAFEL IS ARRRRABBB.
try not to call my hubby an "arab" ---it might do something to his blood pressure. You could try digging up the area for koran fragments

Foxfyre did you write this?

Yes I did. But I didn't say the Jews rebelled against Pompey. Pompey was the beginning of the Roman occupation of the land we now call Israel. He was long gone before the first Jewish rebellion against the Jews however.

not IN THE LAND CALLED the KINGDOM OF JUDAH and later on
the Kingdom of Judah and the Kingdom of Israel. The land that Herodotus
called PALESTINA ----was extensive and includes all sorts of tribes but the
land that the Romans (during their occupation) called JUDEA did not---
You are getting yourself very confused. Of course muslims make it easy---
it is ALL and ALWAYS WAS ----muslim land---and the koran was written in
Jannah before anyone ate an apple in the GARDEN OF EDEN

who said that? silly idea---the migrants from Arabia were few and SPOKE arabic. The Jebusites spoke and ??probably wrote?? in AKKADIAN (in cuneiform)-----the people of arabia did not write----of course----if you ask
a BAATHIST-----everyone was an arab and PITA AND FELAFEL IS ARRRRABBB.
try not to call my hubby an "arab" ---it might do something to his blood pressure. You could try digging up the area for koran fragments

Arabs migrated to the Levant and Mesopotamia in waves starting 10,000 years ago. There's a lot of Akkadian cuneiform writing in Arabia.

The Jews were never in Egypt. Egypt was in Canaan for 400 years.

Forum List

Back