Jesus And The Hidden Contradictions Of The Gospels

Again... the body and blood of Christ only makes sense through the crucifixion. Not sure how you could have missed that theme as it is the reason the New Testament was written.

Nonsense.

The Body of Christ consists of words that form the body of His teaching, teaching that he received from God like manna from heaven that became his flesh, given for the life of the world. Flesh was just a new metaphor for Divine teaching. This is the only way "the word became flesh" makes any rational sense. You worship and eat a fucking lifeless matzo made by human hands for shits sake.

And you celebrate the crucifixion of Jesus as if his suffering and death somehow allows you to be a pretentious lying asshole and sin for the rest of your pathetic life with impunity. Copra sanctum!

You are a very very stupid man.

Last edited:
Nonsense.

The Body of Christ consists of words that form the body of His teaching, teaching that he received from God like manna from heaven that became his flesh, given for the life of the world. Flesh was just a new metaphor for Divine teaching. This is the only way "the word became flesh" makes any rational sense. You worship and eat a fucking lifeless matzo made by human hands for shits sake.

And you celebrate the crucifixion of Jesus as if his suffering and death somehow allows you to be a pretentious lying asshole and sin for the rest of your pathetic life with impunity. Copra sanctum!

The entire point of the New Testament is Jesus sacrificing his body and blood for us. How could you have missed that? Seriously?

"...you are to name him Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

Nonsense.

The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” So Jesus said to them, “Very truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day; (1) for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood abide in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever eats me will live because of me.”

When John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him, he announced, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world” (Jn 1:29).

You, a he-goat 'without blemish', have been carefully chosen and prepared as an offering for the expiation of sin.

Your slaughter has been dedicated to the Lord.

You, a he-goat 'without blemish', have been carefully chosen and prepared as an offering for the expiation of sin.

Your slaughter has been dedicated to the Lord.
"My flesh is food to the world." To the Jews the idea eating his body and drinking his blood disgusting and hard to accept. How did they respond? They protested and gave Jesus every opportunity to clarify and correct his statement; to render his language more spiritual; more metaphorical; more symbolic. What did Jesus do? He doubled down. He said, "unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of Man you have no life in you." He used the Greek word trógó; which is to gnaw, munch, crunch and was typically used in those days in the context of eating; as in to partake of a meal.

This was no metaphor. This is in perfect harmony with the ENTIRETY of the New Testament which is that Jesus is the paschal lamb sent to take away the sins of the world.

And everything is dedicated to the Lord.

Says the atheist attracted to religious discussions.
Was that supposed to be an insult? I notice you have no problem interjecting your magical hooha into science discussions. So maybe go whine to that guy in the mirror.

Was that supposed to be an insult? I notice you have no problem interjecting your magical hooha into science discussions. So maybe go whine to that guy in the mirror.
No. It goes to weight. You have none. This is a theological discussion. You have absolutely no business being in it.

No. It goes to weight. You have none. This is a theological discussion. You have absolutely no business being in it.
Are you gonna write me a ticket, officer?

download (6).jpeg

I guess my.only.point is:

You're both right. It's whatever you want it to be.

There is no good way to tell who is right and who is wrong. You both gave that up, when you adopted belief without evidence.

I guess my.only.point is:

You're both right. It's whatever you want it to be.

There is no good way to tell who is right and who is wrong. You both gave that up, when you adopted belief without evidence.

You have no way to tell the difference between right and wrong, true and false, good and evil, life and death? No way to figure out the hidden moral teaching of what amounts to a children's story?

Damn. You do have my condolences.

Non sequitur. Ignored.

Clearly I was talking about different interpretations of religious myths and texts.

Right.

You have no way to figure out the hidden moral teaching of what amounts to a children's story..No way to grasp hard learned lessons of the past conveyed through religious myths and texts.

as I said, you do have my condolences.

Oops, another non sequitur.

Sorry to have disturbed you. Back to the sectarian dispute.
It's more like an attack on the dominant religion of the land by a rival religion but no one knows what his religion is. As near as I can tell it's the religion of Christians are bad. I'm actually surprised you haven't joined it yet.

Forum List

Back