Japan makes BIG move to pull their companies out of China. Will US lawmakers be smart enough to follow suit?

Japan is different. It would be up to each U.S. company to decide if they wanted to stay there. If they moved back we would have tons of jobs and a stronger economy but those companies would lose a lot of money because they cant pay us 10 cents an hour. Also, retail prices would inflate to try and cover labor expenses. The American worker would be the winner in a move like this.
You didn't explain the "Japan is different" part.

Ivanka Trump is reported to have at least 34 trademark deals granted by China

Donald Trump earlier this deal sign the first series of Trade agreements with China

View attachment 321374

Trump appears to do business with China

quite the conundrum

Hell, you can get a trademark from China if you wanted. Fake news.

The growth rate of China's trademark registration has been increasing since 2013. In 2017, China's trademark applications reaches 5.748 million, up 55.7% year on year, both setting record highs.

【Statistics of China trademark registration application 2013 - 2017】

By the end of 2017, the total number of Chinese trademark applications is 27.842 million, the total number of registered trademarks is 17.301 million, and the number of valid registered trademarks is 14.92 million, ranking the first in the world for 17 consecutive years.

You don't need presidential connections to get a stupid China trademark. You do need connections when your brother, who had no background in construction, all of a sudden gets a high paying job with a construction company, which soon got a government contract for 1.5 billion dollars to build houses in Iraq like John Biden did.

That you need connections for.

Well the point was not whether companies or people get trademarks in China.

The point was that the Trump family by applying for trademarks wants to do business in China. A lot of anti China sentiment on this thread. Yet the President and family are need deep in doing business with China.

Point two when Ivanka is hanging at the white house and flying on Air Force One without her daddy there is evidence that she is representing the US. So by getting trademark deals in China after her daddy became president is a clear conflict of interest. Let along the fact that Trump attacks Biden's Son for taking a job in Ukraine when Biden Son was not even close to being a representative of the US. Yet his family is doing the same thing which is taking advantage of who is the President

Well Trump wanted to host a gathering of world leaders at his Golf Resort. Well with Trump you don't need connections, you just do and say thinks that are clearly conflict of interest because it seems like a good idea to you. Never considering that if I own the property, then it will make money and may draw additional people in the future. No conflict of interest here. I guess someone told him that it was a bad ideas and said never mind.

Well with the children, I generally do not have a problem with it but it is what it is. When a public official does this then it is a problem.

Still you can talk about the bidens and I can talk about Donald, Eric, Ivanka, and even Jared. The latter are making more money than ever since the Dad became the president. Ivanka and Jared were given white house jobs by Trump. Yet if there are facts that support illegal activity then it is wrong. Do Ivanka and Jared have inside information that can help them financially. Yes, they do and I am sure they share it with other family members. Right now it appears that people want to do business with them because of who their parents are. Does it get the people the deals that they want well who knows. It may or it may not.

We need to hold our politicians feet to the fire.
BAN all American manufacturing in China.

No, this is terrible.
I'm not going to support giving money to wealthy people. Have the wealthy move their own factories where they want. I'm not paying a billionaire money out of my taxes. NO.

Just ... NO. Period.
You do know that buying any product is giving a billionaire somewhere money ?

Donald Trump earlier this deal sign the first series of Trade agreements with China

View attachment 321374

quite the conundrum

The growth rate of China's trademark registration has been increasing since 2013. In 2017, China's trademark applications reaches 5.748 million, up 55.7% year on year, both setting record highs.

By the end of 2017, the total number of Chinese trademark applications is 27.842 million, the total number of registered trademarks is 17.301 million, and the number of valid registered trademarks is 14.92 million, ranking the first in the world for 17 consecutive years.

You don't need presidential connections to get a stupid China trademark. You do need connections when your brother, who had no background in construction, all of a sudden gets a high paying job with a construction company, which soon got a government contract for 1.5 billion dollars to build houses in Iraq like John Biden did.

The point was that the Trump family by applying for trademarks wants to do business in China. A lot of anti China sentiment on this thread. Yet the President and family are need deep in doing business with China.

Point two when Ivanka is hanging at the white house and flying on Air Force One without her daddy there is evidence that she is representing the US. So by getting trademark deals in China after her daddy became president is a clear conflict of interest. Let along the fact that Trump attacks Biden's Son for taking a job in Ukraine when Biden Son was not even close to being a representative of the US. Yet his family is doing the same thing which is taking advantage of who is the President

Well Trump wanted to host a gathering of world leaders at his Golf Resort. Well with Trump you don't need connections, you just do and say thinks that are clearly conflict of interest because it seems like a good idea to you. Never considering that if I own the property, then it will make money and may draw additional people in the future. No conflict of interest here. I guess someone told him that it was a bad ideas and said never mind.

Well with the children, I generally do not have a problem with it but it is what it is. When a public official does this then it is a problem.

Still you can talk about the bidens and I can talk about Donald, Eric, Ivanka, and even Jared. The latter are making more money than ever since the Dad became the president. Ivanka and Jared were given white house jobs by Trump. Yet if there are facts that support illegal activity then it is wrong. Do Ivanka and Jared have inside information that can help them financially. Yes, they do and I am sure they share it with other family members. Right now it appears that people want to do business with them because of who their parents are. Does it get the people the deals that they want well who knows. It may or it may not.

What you present are nothing but conspiracy theories with no evidence to support your claims. There is no conflict of interest because a Chinese trademark is a dime a dozen as my link demonstrates. When did Ivanka fly on air force 1 without the President; where did she go?

So the Trump's want to do business in China. So do a lot of American companies. At least he's not taking donations from them like Gore, or providing them with better nuclear capabilities like Clinton.

Donald Trump never got into politics for money. He has plenty of that. In fact, he lost over a billion dollars of worth since announcing his candidacy for President; he has donated all of his presidential pay to various causes. If one of his entertainment facilities hosts an event for world leaders, so what. We are going to have to pay somebody to host the event. If his outlets hosted every one, he'd still never make near what he lost.

We need to hold our politicians feet to the fire.
BAN all American manufacturing in China.

No, this is terrible.
I'm not going to support giving money to wealthy people. Have the wealthy move their own factories where they want. I'm not paying a billionaire money out of my taxes. NO.

Just ... NO. Period.
We don't need to pay. JUST BAN IT OUTRIGHT.

You build in China it stays in China. You wanna sell here you move out of China.

Requires ZERO tax dollars

I don't think a country based on freedom, can dictate what other people do with their products.
And what happens when they just move product to France, and then import it into the US from the EU? You know that already happens, right?
That would be semi ok. FAir trade means no trade with China.

But what difference does it make, if we increase prices on ourselves, by having it go through a middle man?

Meaning, if we buy from France, and France is buying from China, and putting their label on it.... what we're doing it ridiculous and pointless. This is like, I believe Toyota re-badging GM cars, with Toyota labels and selling them.

It's still a GM car, sold in Japan.

If we buy a product from France, than was made in China... what difference does that make?

This is like the OPEC oil embargo in the 1970s. That oil embargo had zero effect on oil in the US. The reason we had gas-lines, was because of price controls

So why didn't the OPEC oil embargo have any effect? Because once the oil tanker left the port, the country that sold the oil, had zero influence on where that oil went. So they sold it to a oil-broker in Germany, and that oil broker turned around and sold it to a buyer in the US. That oil tanker that was prevented from being sold to the US.... ended up going to the US.

So if you say we're not buying from China... it'll just be sold somewhere else, and then sold to US.

Think about it. A cargo ship full of steal. Once that cargo ship leaves port, they can resell that cargo ship to any country in the world. And that other country can resell it to the US.

This is why the only way to actually have protectionism work, is if you ban all trade. And if you ban all trade, you will sink this country into another great depression.

View attachment 321374

quite the conundrum

What you present are nothing but conspiracy theories with no evidence to support your claims. There is no conflict of interest because a Chinese trademark is a dime a dozen as my link demonstrates. When did Ivanka fly on air force 1 without the President; where did she go?

So the Trump's want to do business in China. So do a lot of American companies. At least he's not taking donations from them like Gore, or providing them with better nuclear capabilities like Clinton.

Donald Trump never got into politics for money. He has plenty of that. In fact, he lost over a billion dollars of worth since announcing his candidacy for President; he has donated all of his presidential pay to various causes. If one of his entertainment facilities hosts an event for world leaders, so what. We are going to have to pay somebody to host the event. If his outlets hosted every one, he'd still never make near what he lost.

View attachment 321374

quite the conundrum

(When did Ivanka fly on air force 1 without the President; where did she go?)

• The White House senior advisers Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, the president's daughter and son-in-law, sought to assert some authority over flights funded by the State Department, according to a new book previewed by The New York Times.
  • In the book "Kushner Inc.," the journalist Vicky Ward reportedly writes that Ivanka Trump frequently asked to travel on Air Force planes even when it was not always necessary.
  • Rex Tillerson rejected many of her requests while he was secretary of state, the book said, prompting Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner to invite cabinet-level officials along to justify such trips, The Times reported on Monday night.
1586574045839.png

Looks like they even get the salute.

1586574095905.png

1586574169091.png

The White House said last week that President Donald Trump’s daughter and senior adviser plans to visit Paraguay and Argentina to promote the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity .
Initiative. They have gone on other trips to South America.

1586574425661.png

Kushners fly to Florida on Air Force One

So now you know they fly on Air Force One and its a family affair and they usually get another cabinet official to tag along so that the flight will not be denied as Tillson regularly did but he is gone.

Quote - There is no conflict of interest because a Chinese trademark is a dime a dozen as my link demonstrates)

Prior presidents have divested investments that conflict with official duties and placed personal assets that conflict with government duties in conflict free investments or a blind Trust. Trump refused based on his assumption that being the President, there is no conflict of intrest.

Trump has trademarks due up for renewal while he is the President.

1586575801289.png

Conflict of interest laws - 18 U.S.C. §§ 201-209

A. An employee is prohibited from participating personally and substantially in a matter in which:

1. He, his spouse, minor child, or a general partner;

2. An organization of which he is an officer, director, trustee, partner or employee; or

3. An organization he is negotiating with for future employment - 18 U.S.C. § 208

... has a financial interest.

Now Ivanka may not be involved with government business with China but she did received China trademarks while Donald was the President.

Did she get them because she is the daughter of the president. Yet the right complains about the Biden kids getting sweet deals only because of who is father is. Yet no one on the right says anything about the deals Ivanka is getting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back