Japan makes BIG move to pull their companies out of China. Will US lawmakers be smart enough to follow suit?

We need to hold our politicians feet to the fire.
BAN all American manufacturing in China.

No, this is terrible.
I'm not going to support giving money to wealthy people. Have the wealthy move their own factories where they want. I'm not paying a billionaire money out of my taxes. NO.

Just ... NO. Period.
We don't need to pay. JUST BAN IT OUTRIGHT.

You build in China it stays in China. You wanna sell here you move out of China.

Requires ZERO tax dollars
Grandpa........we gotta take out the Globalist first.......stop their back door BS at the Federal Reserve.......and stop them from polishing China's shoes for them.........

Globalist would sell their mother for a buck.

Name one globalist anywhere that sold their mother of a buck.

.... sigh... dumb statements.
It's a saying ........oh well............Move to China.........

The irony is, that is exactly what I would say to you.

If you think globalism is destroying American and building up China so much.... if you think "they are stealing our jobs".... move to China yourself. See how much worse America is, and how much better China is. See how great those jobs they have 'stolen' from us.

The idea that somehow we are losing, and they are winning.... utterly ridiculous. You don't want to jobs they have. And you don't want the life they have.

So stop whining, get your butt to a job, and live in the most prosperous nation on Earth. You live a life here, that Chinese with all their jobs, and their trade, and their whatever, could only dream about. In fact, we live a life, they can't even dream about. So stop with all the complaining and bitching.
I'll pay more for it being made here...........you go buy cheap Chinese crap there...start packing.

You make your living in the markets off globalism......clear to me......as they run to the back door of the Federal Reserve for more LAUNDERED MONEY.

And what happens when they just move product to France, and then import it into the US from the EU?
We celebrate two friendly countries global cooperation. France doesn't pay their workers peanuts while surrounding their work places with suicide nets. France didn't threaten to withhold CRITICAL medication and medical devices from us. France is not our biggest geopolitical foe.
You know who is/did all those things? YEAH, CHINA

This is about CHINA and the existential threat they pose to US as well as the rest of the world.

Isolationism is not the answer. The answer is us--the American consumer.

One of the reasons Italy had such a problem with this virus is because their people are more loyal to their workers. Because few Italian citizens would buy products with a Chinese Made label, they decided to bring the Chinese into the country, many from Wuhan. Back and forth they went bringing in a new jet load of new cases with them.

Here it's just the opposite as we have little solidarity with our labor. Most are not concerned where a product is made, we are concerned with the price. Manufacturers only give their customers what they want. If we collectively decided we want American made products at any cost, you don't need government, tariffs, laws, or payoffs to get them back over here. All we need is a unified consumer base.

Will that happen now after China brought us and the world to their knees? I hope so. But I also know that Americans have short memories.

This thread is a good example of foreign spies trying to infiltrate the American civilian mind. I say that no less than 3 posters in this thread are either chinese or n. korean pretending to be European/American/Western so that they can sneak in some talk about what they support. Funny to think that we are so valuable as Americans that they must go that far to "force be with us".

Also, it would be nice to go on an American board and read Americans talk about America.

Last edited:

One of the reasons Italy had such a problem with this virus is because their people are more loyal to their workers. Because few Italian citizens would buy products with a Chinese Made label, they decided to bring the Chinese into the country, many from Wuhan. Back and forth they went bringing in a new jet load of new cases with them.

Here it's just the opposite as we have little solidarity with our labor. Most are not concerned where a product is made, we are concerned with the price. Manufacturers only give their customers what they want. If we collectively decided we want American made products at any cost, you don't need government, tariffs, laws, or payoffs to get them back over here. All we need is a unified consumer base.

Will that happen now after China brought us and the world to their knees? I hope so. But I also know that Americans have short memories.
I am not talking about isolationism policies. I am talking about cutting off ONE COUNTRY.

Walmart makes 5 million a minute selling products made in china -

good luck with that pipe dream of yours - aint gonna happen.

Ask tRump, thats where all his products are made.

Including that MAGA hat you're so proud of.

Japan is different. It would be up to each U.S. company to decide if they wanted to stay there. If they moved back we would have tons of jobs and a stronger economy but those companies would lose a lot of money because they cant pay us 10 cents an hour. Also, retail prices would inflate to try and cover labor expenses. The American worker would be the winner in a move like this.
The American worker, which was 97% employed before CV, would have less buying power due to price increases and would work just as hard to be broke. Looking backwards is not the answer.

If you want to help workers legislate universal healthcare. They’d be wealthier from day 1.
Most of them were already working their asses off just to be broke.

Right on schedule...............defending China.......after that bat shit virus called KUNG FLU is now killing all over the world.

How about we don't stinking need them anymore.....we ARE NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY PISSED AT CHINA.

stop-eating-bats-f45dbc7025.jpg

Right on schedule...............defending China.......after that bat shit virus called KUNG FLU is now killing all over the world.

How about we don't stinking need them anymore.....we ARE NOT THE ONLY COUNTRY PISSED AT CHINA.

when the mass exodus of amreican companies outsourced during 43's term, I posted this list -

be pissed all you want like a little girl - PRINCESS

aint gonna happen

It’s good to see different opinions here. A complicated problem for sure. American businessmen in China (like Japanese and Taiwanese) are not necessarily “globalists,” or “unpatriotic.” Chinese investments or sales to the U.S. and the world, like Huawei 5G, are not necessarily attempts to infiltrate / spy on / undermine us.

Workers in China may not have independent unions, but they work hard, study hard and don’t want to work for peanuts. Their pay had been increasing much faster than their economy as a whole — at least until Covid-19. Low wage factories were already moving out of China.

Nobody knows what comes next. There will be a shake-up for sure. Our corporate leaders, our political leaders, are divided, but NOT on simple partisan lines. Even Trump’s closest advisors are deeply divided. The main thing is to prevent trade war from becoming hot war. Ditto with Russia.

I sure don’t claim to have all the answers, but it seems to me our standard of living, our political freedom, peace itself, depends largely on what we do domestically, socially, and on whether we overcome our deadlocked politics and old Cold War obsessions. I think it also depends on things outside of our control, and not just Covid-19.

What happens in China is now critically important, and the soft power we exercise will be decisive, as it was with the USSR. Acting like a “Bull in a China Shop,” “banning all manufacture” (and U.S. sales) in China, relying just on our military forces, or engaging in foreign adventures — that way lies disaster. None of that will work in the 21st Century.

Last edited:

No, this is terrible.
I'm not going to support giving money to wealthy people. Have the wealthy move their own factories where they want. I'm not paying a billionaire money out of my taxes. NO.

Just ... NO. Period.

You build in China it stays in China. You wanna sell here you move out of China.

Grandpa........we gotta take out the Globalist first.......stop their back door BS at the Federal Reserve.......and stop them from polishing China's shoes for them.........

Globalist would sell their mother for a buck.

Name one globalist anywhere that sold their mother of a buck.

.... sigh... dumb statements.
It's a saying ........oh well............Move to China.........

The irony is, that is exactly what I would say to you.

If you think globalism is destroying American and building up China so much.... if you think "they are stealing our jobs".... move to China yourself. See how much worse America is, and how much better China is. See how great those jobs they have 'stolen' from us.

The idea that somehow we are losing, and they are winning.... utterly ridiculous. You don't want to jobs they have. And you don't want the life they have.

So stop whining, get your butt to a job, and live in the most prosperous nation on Earth. You live a life here, that Chinese with all their jobs, and their trade, and their whatever, could only dream about. In fact, we live a life, they can't even dream about. So stop with all the complaining and bitching.
I'll pay more for it being made here...........you go buy cheap Chinese crap there...start packing.

You make your living in the markets off globalism......clear to me......as they run to the back door of the Federal Reserve for more LAUNDERED MONEY.

Democrats don't have a problem with making people pay more for things based on climate change...it's confusing that these same democrats don't view global trade as endangering the climate. The US and Canada for example send tons of raw materials to China only to have it processes in China and sent back to the US. Seems common sense that it would be better for the environment the less materials have to be transported.

Ivanka Trump is reported to have at least 34 trademark deals granted by China

Donald Trump earlier this deal sign the first series of Trade agreements with China

1586486247967.png

Trump appears to do business with China

quite the conundrum

Ivanka Trump is reported to have at least 34 trademark deals granted by China

Donald Trump earlier this deal sign the first series of Trade agreements with China

View attachment 321374

Trump appears to do business with China

quite the conundrum

Hell, you can get a trademark from China if you wanted. Fake news.

The growth rate of China's trademark registration has been increasing since 2013. In 2017, China's trademark applications reaches 5.748 million, up 55.7% year on year, both setting record highs.

【Statistics of China trademark registration application 2013 - 2017】

By the end of 2017, the total number of Chinese trademark applications is 27.842 million, the total number of registered trademarks is 17.301 million, and the number of valid registered trademarks is 14.92 million, ranking the first in the world for 17 consecutive years.

You don't need presidential connections to get a stupid China trademark. You do need connections when your brother, who had no background in construction, all of a sudden gets a high paying job with a construction company, which soon got a government contract for 1.5 billion dollars to build houses in Iraq like John Biden did.

That you need connections for.

I am not talking about isolationism policies. I am talking about cutting off ONE COUNTRY.

Do we really need to do that? Do you think that it's in the federal governments authority to do so?

How would you think China (our top lender for our debt) would respond to such an action?

That is awesome. We absolutely need to follow suit, ESPECIALLY for our critical industries.

Japan is different. It would be up to each U.S. company to decide if they wanted to stay there. If they moved back we would have tons of jobs and a stronger economy but those companies would lose a lot of money because they cant pay us 10 cents an hour. Also, retail prices would inflate to try and cover labor expenses. The American worker would be the winner in a move like this.
The American worker, which was 97% employed before CV, would have less buying power due to price increases and would work just as hard to be broke. Looking backwards is not the answer.

If you want to help workers legislate universal healthcare. They’d be wealthier from day 1.

"Increasing taxes makes people wealthier"

You actually believe this shit don't you....

No, this is terrible.

Just ... NO. Period.

I don't think a country based on freedom, can dictate what other people do with their products.
And what happens when they just move product to France, and then import it into the US from the EU? You know that already happens, right?
That would be semi ok. FAir trade means no trade with China.

Forum List

Back