Japan makes BIG move to pull their companies out of China. Will US lawmakers be smart enough to follow suit?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

We need to hold our politicians feet to the fire.
BAN all American manufacturing in China.

No, this is terrible.
I'm not going to support giving money to wealthy people. Have the wealthy move their own factories where they want. I'm not paying a billionaire money out of my taxes. NO.

Just ... NO. Period.

Yeah the key is that they are paying companies to do that. Just what we need now another "throw money at it" plan. Ultimately its private ownership and some may take the money and other will not. Business is based on future projections and if the they are making money on it, they are not going to go for a one time payout.

Japan is different. It would be up to each U.S. company to decide if they wanted to stay there. If they moved back we would have tons of jobs and a stronger economy but those companies would lose a lot of money because they cant pay us 10 cents an hour. Also, retail prices would inflate to try and cover labor expenses. The American worker would be the winner in a move like this.

Walmart has shoes for $6 ... not made in America ...

I've always been dissatisfied with our trade with China ... and I do try and avoid Chinese made products ... though I'm not so extreme as to suggest a complete ban on imports ... I do think we need to pay close attention to our trade relationship with China ... they cheat ... and it's up to us to beware ...

Yes ... another liberal voting for The Donald this November ... I like the way he's dealing with them commie thieves ...

Japan is different. It would be up to each U.S. company to decide if they wanted to stay there. If they moved back we would have tons of jobs and a stronger economy but those companies would lose a lot of money because they cant pay us 10 cents an hour. Also, retail prices would inflate to try and cover labor expenses. The American worker would be the winner in a move like this.
The American worker, which was 97% employed before CV, would have less buying power due to price increases and would work just as hard to be broke. Looking backwards is not the answer.

If you want to help workers legislate universal healthcare. They’d be wealthier from day 1.

No, this is terrible.
I'm not going to support giving money to wealthy people. Have the wealthy move their own factories where they want. I'm not paying a billionaire money out of my taxes. NO.

Just ... NO. Period.
We don't need to pay. JUST BAN IT OUTRIGHT.

You build in China it stays in China. You wanna sell here you move out of China.

Requires ZERO tax dollars

Being dependent on China for most of our goods is a Clear and Present Danger to the United States..................80% of Pharma comes from there as well........

If you Globalist must go blow up the markets with hot air......spread the dang suppliers around and stop kneeling to the Dragon.

Walmart has shoes for $6 ... not made in America ...

I've always been dissatisfied with our trade with China ... and I do try and avoid Chinese made products ... though I'm not so extreme as to suggest a complete ban on imports ... I do think we need to pay close attention to our trade relationship with China ... they cheat ... and it's up to us to beware ...

Yes ... another liberal voting for The Donald this November ... I like the way he's dealing with them commie thieves ...
Your $120 Nikes.... made in China (maybe Vietnam) doesn’t give the lion share of the $120 to them. The money for a Nike goes into marketing, Lebron, supply chain people, the retails store and profits for shareholders spent on other American products. If you add cost to the shoe there is less for the other stuff. Not a zero sum game.

No, this is terrible.

Just ... NO. Period.

You build in China it stays in China. You wanna sell here you move out of China.

I don't think a country based on freedom, can dictate what other people do with their products.
And what happens when they just move product to France, and then import it into the US from the EU? You know that already happens, right?

No, this is terrible.

Just ... NO. Period.

Grandpa........we gotta take out the Globalist first.......stop their back door BS at the Federal Reserve.......and stop them from polishing China's shoes for them.........

Globalist would sell their mother for a buck.

No, this is terrible.

Just ... NO. Period.

Grandpa........we gotta take out the Globalist first.......stop their back door BS at the Federal Reserve.......and stop them from polishing China's shoes for them.........

Name one globalist anywhere that sold their mother of a buck.

.... sigh... dumb statements.

No, this is terrible.

Just ... NO. Period.

It's a saying ........oh well............Move to China.........

Your $120 Nikes.... made in China (maybe Vietnam) doesn’t give the lion share of the $120 to them. The money for a Nike goes into marketing, Lebron, supply chain people, the retails store and profits for shareholders spent on other American products. If you add cost to the shoe there is less for the other stuff. Not a zero sum game.

My $20 Brahmas ... no idea where they're made ... steel-toed tennis shoes ... better than sliced bread ...

No, this is terrible.

Just ... NO. Period.
Oh contraire. You are.

No, this is terrible.

Just ... NO. Period.

It's a saying ........oh well............Move to China.........

The irony is, that is exactly what I would say to you.

If you think globalism is destroying American and building up China so much.... if you think "they are stealing our jobs".... move to China yourself. See how much worse America is, and how much better China is. See how great those jobs they have 'stolen' from us.

The idea that somehow we are losing, and they are winning.... utterly ridiculous. You don't want to jobs they have. And you don't want the life they have.

So stop whining, get your butt to a job, and live in the most prosperous nation on Earth. You live a life here, that Chinese with all their jobs, and their trade, and their whatever, could only dream about. In fact, we live a life, they can't even dream about. So stop with all the complaining and bitching.

Forum List

Back