January 6th Is But A Detail…

I certainly hope you find what you are looking for.

My family came to America believing that we did.....and never could I have imagined that America, and Americans, would fall under the control of the totalitarians, as they have.

I did. It wasn't in Mexico though. I entertained the idea in depth. But a couple of issues kept me here. Like staying close to family, a BIG ONE. Plus, I' just be another gringo down there.
But the idea of living very good on about $1200 a month, with a housekeeper twice a week, was very tempting. Especially since I LOVE Mexican food, and highly enjoy Mexicans and their culture.

My family have always been here. Obviously they came over here at one point. But that was so long ago, it doesn't even matter at this point. At some point, it becomes irrelevant.
One little tidbit about my family history. My grandfather was adopted by some rich women in the south, who owned slaves. Apparently, my grandfather enjoyed the company of the slaves moreso than his two moms. So, he was forced to leave at about 17. He migrated to Texas, where he met my grandmother, got married and had a passel of kids (10). When the last one of his adopted mothers died, he got word of his inheritance. Being a poor dirt farmer, the discussions of what to do with all the money began to reek havoc on the family. Lot's of fighting and arguing by the kids as to who gets what, what they were going to buy etc etc etc. Until my grandfather said "F' it," and didn't accept any of it. And that was the end of it. I'm sure the attorney was pleased with his decision.

I did. It wasn't in Mexico though. I entertained the idea in depth. But a couple of issues kept me here. Like staying close to family, a BIG ONE. Plus, I' just be another gringo down there.
But the idea of living very good on about $1200 a month, with a housekeeper twice a week, was very tempting. Especially since I LOVE Mexican food, and highly enjoy Mexicans and their culture.

My family have always been here. Obviously they came over here at one point. But that was so long ago, it doesn't even matter at this point. At some point, it becomes irrelevant.
One little tidbit about my family history. My grandfather was adopted by some rich women in the south, who owned slaves. Apparently, my grandfather enjoyed the company of the slaves moreso than his two moms. So, he was forced to leave at about 17. He migrated to Texas, where he met my grandmother, got married and had a passel of kids (10). When the last one of his adopted mothers died, he got word of his inheritance. Being a poor dirt farmer, the discussions of what to do with all the money began to reek havoc on the family. Lot's of fighting and arguing by the kids as to who gets what, what they were going to buy etc etc etc. Until my grandfather said "F' it," and didn't accept any of it. And that was the end of it. I'm sure the attorney was pleased with his decision.

Interesting!

Forum List

Back