January 6 Was Not A Coup

Show me where he told them they could actually stop the process.

What was Trump thinking?
Does he care?

He was told by his Justice Department there was no substantial election fraud
He was told by his legal experts that Congress could not reject certified Electoral Votes
He was told that Mike Pence had no power to halt the vote

Yet he still told the TRUMP mob that these were true, he lied and told them the election was being stolen from THEM not from him. He told them to come to DC to “Stop the Steal”

The mechanism was spelled out in the Eastman Memos. Stopping the count was just the first part of the plan

"Plan"

"Memo"

All supposition, zero facts.

Again, the government in power at the time was Trump's government. So you are saying they planned a revolt against Trump?

I do not...and there's no evidence that took place
"I told them to fire the prosecutor or they would not get the aid money. and son of a bitch, they fired him" Joe Biden admitting to bribing the Ukrainians to fire the prosecutor who was investigating Hunter's corrupt deal with Burisma.

What was Trump thinking?
Does he care?

He was told by his legal experts that Congress could not reject certified Electoral Votes

Yet he still told the TRUMP mob that these were true, he lied and told them the election was being stolen from THEM not from him. He told them to come to DC to “Stop the Steal”

So you can't actually point to anything.

I rest my case.

Stop the Steal doesn't mean fight the government, which was still Trump's government at the time.

Bottom line, there was no insurrection, no coup, or attempted coup….Just a relatively small group of idiots that broke the law, like Colberts group…Difference is, Colberts group got to go home the next morning…
Ah, the semantics game? I'll play.

You are right for something to be an insurrection or a coup it needs to be successful.

On the other hand, for something to be an "attempted coup, or attempted insurrection" neither success nor even the possibility of success is required. Those things are solely governed by the intent of the actions. In this case, by the admission of the insurrectionists and by the admission of Trump to this day. The intent was to stop the certification of the election of Joe Biden to the office of the president. That is an attempted coup.

As for it having no chance of success? For the scheme to have succeeded, Pence would have had to refuse to certify the election. This would have of course produced legal challenges. If the supreme court would have decided to stay out of it or ruled in favor of it being in the purview of the Vice-President to NOT certify the election it would have been sent back to the States who then would have had no clear way to resolve the issue. This is all hypothetical and I consider the chance that it would have resulted in Trump still keeping power low. Is the chance zero. Not even close.

What was Trump thinking?
Does he care?

"peacefully and patriotically let your voices be heard" Trump.

you are a victim of media lies.

"Plan"

"Memo"

All supposition, zero facts.

Again, the government in power at the time was Trump's government. So you are saying they planned a revolt against Trump?
Idiot. Trump's "power" was ending in days and he was "fighting like hell" to continue to hold power

So you can't actually point to anything.

I rest my case.

Stop the Steal doesn't mean fight the government, which was still Trump's government at the time.

It means exactly that

Stop the Steal means Trump thought the election was being stolen and that the TRUMPmob could do something about it.
Both were lies and Trump knew they were lies

The states in question were being counted by REPUBLICANS
They certified a fair election

Lemmings all of them.

I still think there is a possibility the blue areas of those States ballot harvested at a minimum, cheated within the count at a maximum, and no evidence contrary has ever been produced, just a lot of procedural denials of any challenges.

bullshit, the republican vote count watchers were not allowed to get close enough to actually witness the vote counting. you are lying again

They had equal access to the counting process in EVERY state
That is the LAW

pHuaZqn.jpg

Idiot. Trump's "power" was ending in days and he was "fighting like hell" to continue to hold power
LOL, it was the lib/dems fighting to steal the election and take power because they knew that Trump was going to expose their corruption in a second term. they won, the coup was successful

It means exactly that

Stop the Steal means Trump thought the election was being stolen and that the TRUMPmob could do something about it.
Both were lies and Trump knew they were lies

Trump thought he got cheated out of the election, so him thinking it was being stolen was not a lie. To be a lie you have to know the truth and say/do the opposite, and in this case he thought he was conned out of the Presidency.

Weeks actually, even now you have to stretch things to make your point.

If you got cheated out of something, or thought you did, would you just give up?

Forum List

Back