January 28, 2016 Republican Debate

Any of these people being president besides Rubio or Bush horrifies me.

Carson Paul Cruz seem OK?

I am left of center on some issues, right of center on others. So Carson, Paul, and Cruz are too far to the right for me but I can see why Tea folks would like them. Rubio is a bit too far right for me as well, but I think him and Bush are sensible enough to actually compromise to get things done. And so is Hilary. I could see any of those three having a non-terrible presidency.

Hah!

Cruz is getting mad at the moderators for asking him certain questions, and before had the gall to mock Trump for not being there.

Trump is solidly in the lead for my vote now.

He is in defensive mode, because of his brother, out of the gate. He wasn't like that as governor.
It is painful to see Kasich get so ignored.

He flinched when Megyn had been talking to him then asked a question directed to Rubio.

Yeah. He will get less airtime and for good reason, but it was definitely awkward until she returned to him. But good on her for doing her job and not letting someone redirect her attention.

So far, Bush seems the most held together of the group which is a little odd.

Bush makes me uncomfortable. He just comes off as ... kinda weird or creepy. Can't quite put my finger on it.

The audience doesn't seem to overly like Cruz.

This is one of the shortest threads for a Republican debate I've seen.

Does that mean few people watched this one?

This is one of the shortest threads for a Republican debate I've seen.

Does that mean few people watched this one?

I am sure they will release numbers at some point. Part of it is also that it has been fairly boring other than Cruz whining.

Fact checking the GOP Master Debaters:

AP Fact Check: GOP claims on carpet bombs, Kurds and economy

TED CRUZ: "We have seen now in six years of Obamacare that it has been a disaster. It is the biggest job-killer in this country

Obama signed the health care law in March 2010, the nation's jobless rate has fallen from 9.9 percent to 5 percent. The economy has added more than 13 million jobs over that period.
More than 16 million people gained coverage since 2013

TED CRUZ: Obama has "dramatically degraded our military."
MARCO RUBIO: "You cannot destroy ISIS with a military that's being diminished."

amounts spent on weapons modernization are about the same as they were when Republican George W. Bush

CRUZ on Obama: "He's not arming the Kurds."
THE FACTS: He is.

CHRIS CHRISTIE: "For the 45-year-old construction worker out there, who is having a hard time making things meet, he's lost $4,000 in the last seven years in his income because of this administration."

weekly earnings jumped to $1,021 in December, compared with a weekly income of $858 seven years ago.

CRUZ defending his threat to "carpet bomb" Islamic State fighters: "It's what we did in the first Persian Gulf War."

I don't have to explain this. It's too stupid to even bother to attempt.

It is only a better use of his time if it translates into support.

I think 5 million bucks towards the care of veterans is support, don't you agree? Thusly it is a great use of time.

I meant translate into support for Trump. It gave him more media attention, which is what he is good at, but it is a long way to the end of this. Publicity stunts only get you so far.

I think 5 million bucks towards the care of veterans is support, don't you agree? Thusly it is a great use of time.

I meant translate into support for Trump. It gave him more media attention, which is what he is good at, but it is a long way to the end of this. Publicity stunts only get you so far.

I see.

Well, I guess Trump always has ulterior motives behind everything he does.

That, or he just wanted to raise money for veterans. No strings attached.

I see.

Oh, there are strings all right.

How $1.4 billion in budget cuts will impact Veterans - VAntage Point

GOP Slashes Veterans Benefits. Because Support The Troops!

Veterans Group To Trump: We Don’t Want Your Money

I see.

This is a presidential election we are talking about. Literally everyone involved has ulterior motives.

I see Racial MadCow has the Trump event in split screen.....not started yet.

Did he put on a talent show?

18225107-mmmain.jpg

Ted Cruz nailed it tonight!

He didn't raise 5 million bucks for veterans.

So, a good performance is all well and good, Guy, but Trump made better use of his time (and money) by raising money for veterans.

Trump nailed it.
Rated true by Politifact:

JIM WEBB
President Obama budget request for veterans is "more than double the amount in constant dollars appropriated in 1980, when the veterans population was larger by a third."
— Virginia
Veterans statements | PolitiFact

Rated Pants on Fire

MICHAEL STEELE
The Department of Veterans Affairs has "a manual out there telling our veterans stuff like, 'Are you really of value to your community?' You know, encouraging them to commit suicide."
— National

Rated false

RICK SANTORUM
"When my grandfather came to this country back in 1925, there were no government benefits."
— National

Veterans pensions, workers' comp were among programs in place then

These Republicans. So very many lies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back