January 28, 2016 Republican Debate

Trump wins Time presidential debate poll tonight too.

Vote Now: Who Won the Seventh GOP Presidential Debate?

WX85Lly.png

I ran out of smokes and had to go to town so I missed the tail end. I am watching/listening to the post debate analysis and focus groups. I noticed a few interesting things. Dan Burton and Marc Thiessen both made the point this debate was more substantive without Donald Trump. There was less name calling and discussion of nonsense issues like banning Muslims. I have to agree. Frank Luntz's focus group was almost unanimous in declaring Mr. Trump wasn't serious, disrespected Iowa voters, and won't win the state. I have to say Marco Rubio is going down in my eyes (should he win the nomination) with these unprompted religious declarations the last several days. Dr. Carson and Governor Kasich didn't look good at all. Dr. Carson looked unprepared. I was left scratching my head when he started rambling about ISIS in response to the immigrant entrepreneur's concern about the rhetoric over immigration. Governor Kasich seemed too timid. He wasn't nearly assertive enough so we barely got a peep out of him. I thought Governor Christie and Senator Paul handled themselves reasonably well. The same for Senator Cruz.

Listening to Dr. Carson right now. He sounds really bad on foreign policy.

NPR Politics on Twitter
Trump's absence is the focus of the opening statements in tonight's GOP debate
Trump wins.

Naw. They addressed it to get it out of the way. Smart.
Yeah. But it's too bad nobody's watching.
Let's face it, Trump made the debate entertaining.

Good to see that entertainment was the most important reason for tuning in for the GOP.

And this is one of the problems, in my opinion. The debate that actually talks about the issues more than the rest is the one people say is boring and they do not want to watch. That reflects far more on them than anything else.

hillary_clinton_7.png

Jim Gillmore vowed to veto gun control bills “as fast as it takes Hillary Clinton to eliminate her emails.”

“Hillary Clinton has been climbing the ladder to try and get power and here now she is trying for the White House. She is probably more qualified for the big house,” Carly Fiorina suggested.

“One of her first acts as president may very well be to pardon herself,” Rubio joked.

The Republican Debate's Best Hillary Clinton Lines

NPR Politics on Twitter
Trump's absence is the focus of the opening statements in tonight's GOP debate
Trump wins.

Naw. They addressed it to get it out of the way. Smart.
.. which is exactly what Trump wants.
This gave the other candidates a chance to get attention. Trump steals all the attention wherever he goes. He may have given rubio the chance or opportunity he needed.

Might just be me but I thought everyone on stage last night had a good night even Jeb Bush and Rand Paul looked strong. If it will change the polls any who knows crazy things can happen in Iowa.

Huh? The mentally ill? Reagan kicked them to the curb. Now we call them homeless.

And Republicans want to help them? Come on. We know better.

How you going to deal with existing problems if you keep the border open and ME imports?
Republican businessmen want educated immigrants. Building walls doesn't solve problems. Who doesn't know that? Wups. I mean besides, uh, well, you know.

Huh? The mentally ill? Reagan kicked them to the curb. Now we call them homeless.

And Republicans want to help them? Come on. We know better.

How you going to deal with existing problems if you keep the border open and ME imports?
Republican businessmen want educated immigrants. Building walls doesn't solve problems. Who doesn't know that? Wups. I mean besides, uh, well, you know.

You misspelled ILLEGAL.

Moron.

Ted Cruz nailed it tonight!

He didn't raise 5 million bucks for veterans.

So, a good performance is all well and good, Guy, but Trump made better use of his time (and money) by raising money for veterans.

Trump nailed it.
Hmmm! 5 million is a mere pittance for Trump. He ought to drop 10 times that of his own money to be a bad ass. Otherwise he is looking like a northern scallywag.

Forum List

Back