Jan 6 4th hearing thread: Schiff leads today’s hearing on Trump pressuring state officials & the fake electors scheme,+Trump's ranting on Truth Social

Jan 6 4th hearing thread​

As you watch today's hearing

Seriously? Has there been four hearings? About what? Who is watching this crap? Any time I've looked in, they weren't presenting anything which would hold up as proof of anything anywhere except maybe the National Enquirer.

CHENEY: either shit or get off the pot already. So far, you've presented nothing but your own TDS. Amazing that networks devote time to air this shit show.

Seriously? Has there been four hearings? About what? Who is watching this crap? Any time I've looked in, they weren't presenting anything which would hold up as proof of anything anywhere except maybe the National Enquirer.

CHENEY: either shit or get off the pot already. So far, you've presented nothing but your own TDS. Amazing that networks devote time to air this shit show.

Who?? Between 15 to 20 million. Far more than any episode of The Apprentice.

tenor.gif

As you watch today's hearing detailing Trump's corrupt pressure on state legislators, don't lose sight of this: Trump has told us clearly he'll do it all again once more pliable actors are in place. That's in the works right now. This about our future.

“Why isn’t the Unselect Committee of political Thugs, who have criminalized Justice to a level never seen before in our Country, going after the people who illegally SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN?” Trump ranted Tuesday morning. “Why aren’t they calling Nancy Pelosi, or the D.C. Mayor, who are IN CHARGE OF SECURITY, to ask why they turned down 10,000-20,000 National Guard Troops, or Soldiers, prior to January 6? Why won’t they discuss the massive voter fraud and irregularities that took place in the Election, the reason Jan 6 happened?”
This sideshow goes away in about two months. Can't wait.

I saw and read the meme posted by poster CJ in post #570.

The first thought I think that seems appropriate is: Sure, it was a screwed-up insurrection, poorly planned, incompetently led, impulsive, and losing.

But then, why would it be any different than the man who inspired, instigated, and agitated for it?

The insurrection was a metaphor for Trump. An avatar for Trump.
It was pure Trump.

The first thought I think that seems appropriate is: Sure, it was a screwed-up insurrection, poorly planned, incompetently led, impulsive, and losing.

But then, why would it be any different than the man who inspired, instigated, and agitated for it?

It was pure Trump.
President Trump told the crowd to protest peacefully and patriotically. If he gets the nomination, he gets my vote.

It was pure Trump.
except that it was instigated and pushed by FBI insiders.

"President Trump told the crowd to protest peacefully and patriotically."

Sure he did. I have seen and heard the video clips. But.......

....but that was fig-leaf. A back door. A cover. An escape hatch.
And I think you know that.

Think context.
Think all the verbiage by Trump before those words.
Think all the verbiage by the warm-up acts.

Don Corleone said ..."Make him an offer he can't refuse".
But he wasn't talking about cannoli.
And I think you know that too.

Sure he did. I have seen and heard the video clips. But.......

....but that was fig-leaf. A back door. A cover. An escape hatch.
And I think you know that.

Think context.
Think all the verbiage by Trump before those words.
Think all the verbiage by the warm-up acts.

Don Corleone said ..."Make him an offer he can't refuse".
But he wasn't talking about cannoli.
And I think you know that too.
No, I don't know that. I'm a realist. I look at the facts without my emotions.

"I look at the facts without my emotions."

That's cool, but.....but it would be helpful to you if you attempted to garner all ...or at least, more.....facts. Rather than stopping at the one fact that you find most satisfying .....and then declaring that that single fact defines the moment.

Here's the deal with any leader -- it is the responsibility of that man or that woman to attempt to responsibly manage a volatile crowd of supporters. To say what needs to be said in order to moderate inflamed passions. To NOT incite. To NOT provoke. To NOT instigate violence.

Don Trump knew well the mood of that crowd. Hell, he had conducted dozens and dozens of rallies over the last few years where he was the star. As such, he could read his audience. And Don Trump instigated, he provoked, that crowd. His warm-up acts did exactly the same. Trump and the prior speakers ratcheted up the rhetoric and the passions. They recognized what they were doing.....and they intentionally did it. They knew they had a dynamic, angered, volatile crowd where some had been known to conduct violence. Yet, he ...and they.....did it anyway.

THAT is not responsible leadership.
I'm sure you do know that.

That's cool, but.....but it would be helpful to you if you attempted to garner all ...or at least, more.....facts. Rather than stopping at the one fact that you find most satisfying .....and then declaring that that single fact defines the moment.

Here's the deal with any leader -- it is the responsibility of that man or that woman to attempt to responsibly manage a volatile crowd of supporters. To say what needs to be said in order to moderate inflamed passions. To NOT incite. To NOT provoke. To NOT instigate violence.

Don Trump knew well the mood of that crowd. Hell, he had conducted dozens and dozens of rallies over the last few years where he was the star. As such, he could read his audience. And Don Trump instigated, he provoked, that crowd. His warm-up acts did exactly the same. Trump and the prior speakers ratcheted up the rhetoric and the passions. They recognized what they were doing.....and they intentionally did it. They knew they had a dynamic, angered, volatile crowd where some had been known to conduct violence. Yet, he ...and they.....did it anyway.

THAT is not responsible leadership.
I'm sure you do know that.
And here we go again....So who is responsible for security at the Capital? It isn't the President.

President Trump told the crowd to protest peacefully and patriotically. If he gets the nomination, he gets my vote.

No, he said that in terms of marching TO the Capitol; which they did peacefully and patriotically.

But when they got TO the Capitol, they fought like hell, which he also told them to do.

Forum List

Back