It's unanimous: Canada's health care is crumbling, frustrated premiers agree

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Police States shouldn't pretend they can manage healthcare and other citizens needs while our best talent wisely leave.

No wonder our allies don't trust us...

The 13 premiers were unanimous in calling for the meeting to chart a path forward for working with the federal government on funding the modernization of what they say is a “crumbling” health system plagued by severe staffing shortages.

Several premiers, including Ontario’s Doug Ford and British Columbia’s John Horgan, expressed frustration that federal Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc had discussed issues related to the request that Ottawa increase its share of health-care funding in the media without sitting down with them.

Horgan says the premiers are happy to talk about potential conditions and best practices, but they first need to meet in person with Trudeau and his government.

Advertisement 3​

Police States shouldn't pretend they can manage healthcare and other citizens needs while our best talent wisely leave.

No wonder our allies don't trust us...

The 13 premiers were unanimous in calling for the meeting to chart a path forward for working with the federal government on funding the modernization of what they say is a “crumbling” health system plagued by severe staffing shortages.

Several premiers, including Ontario’s Doug Ford and British Columbia’s John Horgan, expressed frustration that federal Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc had discussed issues related to the request that Ottawa increase its share of health-care funding in the media without sitting down with them.

Horgan says the premiers are happy to talk about potential conditions and best practices, but they first need to meet in person with Trudeau and his government.

Advertisement 3​

So socialized medicine is collapsing under the weight of costs & not enough care to go around...
Never saw that coming

Aren't they already encouraging people to kill themselves up there?

I've lived in both systems.

Being a well-to-do upper middle class guy, I prefer the American system to the Canadian system. The American system is the best system on earth if you have money. However, if I were a lower middle-class guy, I'd prefer the Canadian system. You get pretty good healthcare and you never have to worry about how you're going to pay for it.

The problem with the OP is that those same headlines were the same headlines written 30 years ago.

I've lived in both systems.

Being a well-to-do upper middle class guy, I prefer the American system to the Canadian system. The American system is the best system on earth if you have money. However, if I were a lower middle-class guy, I'd prefer the Canadian system. You get pretty good healthcare and you never have to worry about how you're going to pay for it.

The problem with the OP is that those same headlines were the same headlines written 30 years ago.

What good is "free" healthcare, when we have hospitals closing overnight due to staff shortage and E.R closing due to similar reasons? How about a 20 hour average wait in E.R in some hospitals?

It is FAR worse than in the past and we are such a broke police state that it will not improve.

Forum List

Back