'What century is this?' Man in pain, scared and waiting 4 days in Ontario hospital hallway to fix broken leg

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Canadas police state focuses on covert control of the economy and peoples lives, "free healthcare" has always been poorly run. it's now MUCH worse since Canadian talent has decided to leave in droves and not return.

A 76-year-old man with a shattered leg bone has been languishing on a stretcher in the hallway of a small-town hospital since Sunday, waiting for surgery in London, Ont.

Ron Prickett of Sault Ste Marie was in a cycling accident in Sauble Beach. He fell after swerving on a gravel road to avoid a motorcycle and his tire slipped on loose stones.

Prickett was taken by ambulance to Wiarton Hospital, part of Grey Bruce Health Services. He's been in excruciating pain in a tiny makeshift room in one of the facility's hallways, with nothing to distract him and no ability to turn the lights on or off.

"I have a fluorescent light over my head that is operated externally down the hall," he told CBC News on Wednesday. "It's got plastic sheeting on the walls. It's not a proper bed. There's no TV or anything, just bare bones."

Bed shortage leaves patient stranded in Wiarton​

Prickett was supposed to be transferred to London Health Sciences Centre, the largest hospital in southwestern Ontario. It has the facilities and surgical expertise he needs to repair his leg — except, he said, a bed shortage in London has prevented him from leaving Wiarton.

"It blows my mind that in Ontario, we have these facilities and I can't get a broken bone fixed. I have to lie around with a broken bone in my body for four days," he said. "It's so frustrating. I have no control.

"My family is doing as much as they can for me, but there's nothing for them to do. It's all happening in some board room down in London."

Last edited:
For seven years I lived near the border in the NW.

We were told not to make any doctor's appointments on Monday because that was the day the Canadians would all be in town to see our doctors.

They would rather pay to get our health care than get whatever the Canadian government gave them for "free".

Canadas police state focuses on covert control of the economy and peoples lives, "free healthcare" has always been poorly run. it's now MUCH worse since Canadian talent has decided to leave in droves and not return.

A 76-year-old man with a shattered leg bone has been languishing on a stretcher in the hallway of a small-town hospital since Sunday, waiting for surgery in London, Ont.

Ron Prickett of Sault Ste Marie was in a cycling accident in Sauble Beach. He fell after swerving on a gravel road to avoid a motorcycle and his tire slipped on loose stones.

Prickett was taken by ambulance to Wiarton Hospital, part of Grey Bruce Health Services. He's been in excruciating pain in a tiny makeshift room in one of the facility's hallways, with nothing to distract him and no ability to turn the lights on or off.

"I have a fluorescent light over my head that is operated externally down the hall," he told CBC News on Wednesday. "It's got plastic sheeting on the walls. It's not a proper bed. There's no TV or anything, just bare bones."

Bed shortage leaves patient stranded in Wiarton​

Prickett was supposed to be transferred to London Health Sciences Centre, the largest hospital in southwestern Ontario. It has the facilities and surgical expertise he needs to repair his leg — except, he said, a bed shortage in London has prevented him from leaving Wiarton.

"It blows my mind that in Ontario, we have these facilities and I can't get a broken bone fixed. I have to lie around with a broken bone in my body for four days," he said. "It's so frustrating. I have no control.

"My family is doing as much as they can for me, but there's nothing for them to do. It's all happening in some board room down in London."
Government healthcare has always been crap. Just like everything run by the government is messed up.

Government healthcare has always been crap. Just like everything run by the government is messed up.

Well in Canada they run our economy through covert police agencies who violate citizens rights. Why does America continue to subsidize and prop up our economy? If you want us to be "more like you" then force us to be, don't keep feeding the police state fish.

I know for certain enough people in the U.S know the truth about our system, your intel agencies must be aware, yet, they stay the course, unwilling to call out "an ally" who are running the nation, especialy in Ontario; similar to East Germay.

Last edited:
Lived and worked in Calgary for a while.... their position was "anything more than a hangnail, we go straight to the States."

They've always had that safety net. Otherwise it's Cuban style (barbaric) "healthcare".

When I was training for X-ray, in 1992, our professor mentioned that the city of Pittsburg had more CT scanners than all of Canada. I assumed he was correct but it also shocked me.

With all due respects to the Canadians, the nation is strictly 3rd World.

US Medical providers on the other side of the border in Buffalo make most of their money from Canucks crossing to avoid the queues at Canada's medical facilities.

Several years ago, I had a stress test at the Cleveland Clinic cardio department, and the broads in the clinic had a world map with pins showing where all their patients come from and a lot were from north of the border.

Here in Mercer County, PA, the Grove City Outlets attract all kinds of Canadians looking for clothes.

Forum List

Back