It's safe to say that most Muslims are harmless, but that doesn't change the fact that Islam is...

It’s safe to say that ‘blaming’ Muslims and Islam for terrorist attacks fails as a composition fallacy, and that it fails as ignorant, unfounded bigotry and hate.

Good point.

Terrorism the fault of Western society and Christian crusaders.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Islam.

:clap:

Now let me go find all the examples of Christians killing cartoonists in the Middle East.
Or all of the examples of Muslims killing abortion doctors.
Yep......about 20 years ago some nutcase killed one. So, for the rest of time, you'll use that example to justify your hatred for Christianity.

Good move.
I have no hate for Christianity.
Why would you suggest such a thing?
If you're a liberal, supported Obama and Hillary, and keep comparing Muslims with Christians, you obvious don't have any respect for Christians. I never see you defending them.
I've read enough of your posts to see that you don't have a very good opinion of them. Call it what you want. Hatred, loathing, whatever you want to call it.

Funny.
The Global Peace Index places the US at 94.
A quick unscientific count up has around 10 Islamic countries higher.

Global Peace Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The index gauges global peace using three broad themes: the level of safety and security in society, the extent of domestic and international conflict, and the degree of militarization.[2] Factors are both internal such as levels of violence and crime within the country and external such as military expenditure and wars.
Is this a reply to me? So we are the aggressors?

Are they defending Saddam?
It's a reply to anyone broadly painting Islam as violent.
Saddam doesn't run any countries...have you forgotten?

It’s safe to say that ‘blaming’ Muslims and Islam for terrorist attacks fails as a composition fallacy, and that it fails as ignorant, unfounded bigotry and hate.

Good point.

Now let me go find all the examples of Christians killing cartoonists in the Middle East.
Yep......about 20 years ago some nutcase killed one. So, for the rest of time, you'll use that example to justify your hatred for Christianity.

Good move.
If you're a liberal, supported Obama and Hillary, and keep comparing Muslims with Christians, you obvious don't have any respect for Christians. I never see you defending them.
I've read enough of your posts to see that you don't have a very good opinion of them. Call it what you want. Hatred, loathing, whatever you want to call it.
Not at all...some of my best friends are Christians.
I automatically respond to reactionary statements about any group of people...it's a failing I have.

Funny.

The index gauges global peace using three broad themes: the level of safety and security in society, the extent of domestic and international conflict, and the degree of militarization.[2] Factors are both internal such as levels of violence and crime within the country and external such as military expenditure and wars.

Do you believe black people don't know who the criminals are in their neighborhoods? Of course they do. They know who doesn't work or only goes out at night or even brag about what they do?

Muslim Americans need to start paying attention.

And we need a 800 number that anyone can call when they see something suspect.

And innocent Muslims need to start calling authorities before their creepy neighbor strikes.

I want to hear about more potential attacks being foiled by Muslims calling the authorities and turning them in before they attack

Good point.

Good move.
I automatically respond to reactionary statements about any group of people...it's a failing I have.
Why do you sound like a racist who claims to have black friends.
Yes, it's a falling. Constantly playing Devil's Advocate, even when it doesn't make any sense.

Comparing Muslims to Christians is a tactic that many on the left like to do. Now you're trying to play dumb the same way many of them often do.
That's like farting in an elevator and getting off at the next floor leaving everyone to deal with the smell.

Funny.

Do you believe black people don't know who the criminals are in their neighborhoods? Of course they do. They know who doesn't work or only goes out at night or even brag about what they do?

Muslim Americans need to start paying attention.

And we need a 800 number that anyone can call when they see something suspect.

And innocent Muslims need to start calling authorities before their creepy neighbor strikes.

I want to hear about more potential attacks being foiled by Muslims calling the authorities and turning them in before they attack
So, you really believe that if a Muslim is putting together a car bomb he will do it in his driveway on a Sunday afternoon because he knows that none of his Muslim neighbours will report him?
Do terrorists in Muslim neighbourhoods in Brussels (for example) do their preparations and planning in public?

...the face of modern terrorism. Islam promotes bad ideas that are unparalleled with any other religion.
Wrong.

Islam is not the ‘face of modern terrorism,’ nor does Islam promote ‘bad ideas’ that are unparalleled with any other religion.

Islam is no better or worse than any other religion; all religions have adherents who advocate for and commit criminal acts, where those individuals are solely responsible for their acts, not the religions they belong to.

The goal of terrorists is to provoke this sort of bigotry and hate toward Islam and to foment suspicion of Muslims, and when we fall prey to fear and hate, the terrorists win.

Yeah stoning women for getting raped is an awesome idea, just like no other.

You are clueless. It really is the average muslim guy, whose rotten culture and ideology leads to the cluster f*** that they are experiencing. Just look at France and Germany, how did the migration work out? Cluster fuck (also in the literal sense).

Last edited:
...the face of modern terrorism. Islam promotes bad ideas that are unparalleled with any other religion.
Wrong.

Islam is not the ‘face of modern terrorism,’ nor does Islam promote ‘bad ideas’ that are unparalleled with any other religion.

Islam is no better or worse than any other religion; all religions have adherents who advocate for and commit criminal acts, where those individuals are solely responsible for their acts, not the religions they belong to.

The goal of terrorists is to provoke this sort of bigotry and hate toward Islam and to foment suspicion of Muslims, and when we fall prey to fear and hate, the terrorists win.

You are clueless. It really is the average muslim guy, whose rotten culture and ideology leads to the cluster f*** that they are experiencing. Just look at France and Germany, how did the migration work out? Cluster fuck (and I also mean that literally).
The PC Police aren't clueless. They know what they're defending. But they've chosen to make Islam the PC-protected religion and they're going to spin and deflect and dilute for it regardless of the facts.

It's all unfolding in Europe as we speak, right before our eyes, and they'll deny it.

They're giving the jihadists an assist by running global interference for them, and they're fine with that.

Good move.
Yes, it's a falling. Constantly playing Devil's Advocate, even when it doesn't make any sense.

Comparing Muslims to Christians is a tactic that many on the left like to do. Now you're trying to play dumb the same way many of them often do.
That's like farting in an elevator and getting off at the next floor leaving everyone to deal with the smell.
Yeah, it was supposed to be a tongue in cheek comment about 'some of my best friends...'

The comparison of Muslims and Christians only happens because the you are singling out all Muslims as the villains.

Perhaps if you described the bad guys as fundamentalist murderous nutters no one would feel the need to look for equivalence elsewhere.
Everybody agrees that fundamentalist murderous nutters of any persuasion are bad people.
Extending that to all Muslims when the evidence shows different is what causes disagreement...known as apologising for terrorists by unthinking Pavlovian droolers.

I happen to think you're a bit smarter but...I could be wrong.

Good move.

Yeah, it was supposed to be a tongue in cheek comment about 'some of my best friends...'

The comparison of Muslims and Christians only happens because the you are singling out all Muslims as the villains.

Perhaps if you described the bad guys as fundamentalist murderous nutters no one would feel the need to look for equivalence elsewhere.
Everybody agrees that fundamentalist murderous nutters of any persuasion are bad people.
Extending that to all Muslims when the evidence shows different is what causes disagreement...known as apologising for terrorists by unthinking Pavlovian droolers.

No one is saying that ALL MUSLIMS without exception are rotten. Just that the population in general is. And the religion and it's interpretation most definitely is. Until there is a way to sort the bad apples, you know the implication.

Liberals really need to get an understanding of basic 1) Statistics 2) Statistical inference.

Was it that 30 % support sariah law? over 10 % suicide bombings? 60 % of the prison population in France?Commit 99 % of terrorism? You do realize that this "Not all X" has become a joke among most of us, who didn't flunk the basic statistics class.

Wrong.

You are clueless. It really is the average muslim guy, whose rotten culture and ideology leads to the cluster f*** that they are experiencing. Just look at France and Germany, how did the migration work out? Cluster fuck (also in the literal sense).
To be fair, they also say that the guy should be stoned as well.

"If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die"

No one is saying that ALL MUSLIMS without exception are rotten. Just that the population in general is. And the religion and it's interpretation most definitely is. Until there is a way to sort the bad apples, you know the implication.

Liberals really need to get an understanding of basic 1) Statistics 2) Statistical inference.

Was it that 30 % support sariah law? over 10 % suicide bombings? 60 % of the prison population in France?Commit 99 % of terrorism? You do realize that this "Not all X" has become a joke among most of us, who didn't flunk the basic statistics class.
Fair enough.
What are the percentages then?
I do know a little bit about statistics...hopefully you won't lose me.

I think Bill Maher said it best

If you have that many bad apples, there is something seriously wrong with the orchard

...the face of modern terrorism. Islam promotes bad ideas. That is unparalleled with any other religion.
Had to do a double take on who posted this message..............Someone has finally seen the light. Good post.
I've always seen the light on this issue.

Billy,

It is not 1.6 Billion Muslims to start... Wahhabism is the source of a lot of ISIS power... To understand ISIS you first understand Wahhabism...

They are the ones that want us to ostracize Muslims, they want an us and them scenario, they want a war...

Lets not be stupid and give them one because some people are uncomfortable with brown people...

Muslims in US are still one of the most law abiding in the country, far more than whites...

...the face of modern terrorism. Islam promotes bad ideas. That is unparalleled with any other religion.
Had to do a double take on who posted this message..............Someone has finally seen the light. Good post.
I've always seen the light on this issue.

Billy,

It is not 1.6 Billion Muslims to start... Wahhabism is the source of a lot of ISIS power... To understand ISIS you first understand Wahhabism...

They are the ones that want us to ostracize Muslims, they want an us and them scenario, they want a war...

Lets not be stupid and give them one because some people are uncomfortable with brown people...

Muslims in US are still one of the most law abiding in the country, far more than whites...

That is the problem with the Republican reaction to terrorism. Control all 2 million Muslims in the US and you will stop the terror.

The fact is we need the help from those 2 million Muslims to find out where the terrorists are and what they are up to. We need them to side with law enforcement rather than the terrorists

By harassing and condemning Islam we are not encouraging Americas Muslim community to clean their house

They are not harmless. They are facilitators, sympathizers, hosts to the cancer. Warn them of the consequences. If they don't act, they die with the radicals. Allahu Akbar!

If you have that many bad apples, there is something seriously wrong with the orchard

Interesting.
I was thinking about this.

Throughout history the conflict between two sides with an imbalance of power has meant that the lesser side has resorted to guerilla or 'assymetrical' tactics.
They simply can't foot it toe-to-toe on the battlefield.
This might include terrorism.

There is a real imbalance between the Middle Eastern countries that have been in conflict with Western countries.
They are resorting to the time honoured tactics.
Suicide bombers, drive-by shootings on scooters, IEDs etc.
Then call for more recruits by calling it a religious war.

It wasn't a religious war originally...the West just wanted influence and access to oil but it was declared a religious war by the less powerful side to attract support.

Now the religious call has been commandeered by murderous arseholes with a different agenda beyond simply defending their homelands.
They're also using it to successfully divide the opposition between those that see every Muslim as the enemy and those that look more narrowly for the bad guys.
Fuck them I say.
If we all concentrate on the arseholes we'll sort this out a lot quicker.

Interesting.
I was thinking about this.

Throughout history the conflict between two sides with an imbalance of power has meant that the lesser side has resorted to guerilla or 'assymetrical' tactics.
They simply can't foot it toe-to-toe on the battlefield.
This might include terrorism.

There is a real imbalance between the Middle Eastern countries that have been in conflict with Western countries.
They are resorting to the time honoured tactics.
Suicide bombers, drive-by shootings on scooters, IEDs etc.
Then call for more recruits by calling it a religious war.

It wasn't a religious war originally...the West just wanted influence and access to oil but it was declared a religious war by the less powerful side to attract support.

Now the religious call has been commandeered by murderous arseholes with a different agenda beyond simply defending their homelands.
They're also using it to successfully divide the opposition between those that see every Muslim as the enemy and those that look more narrowly for the bad guys.
Fuck them I say.
If we all concentrate on the arseholes we'll sort this out a lot quicker.

I basically agree

We need to concentrate on the arseholes

The problem is that the Muslim community is in a better position to identify the arseholes than we are. If we turn this into a war against Islam, they will be unwilling to do it

Muslims need to take a zero tolerance to those with terrorist leanings. They know who is using the hate speech. They know who leans towards violence. They have to stop turning a blind eye to those who lean towards violence. Kick them out of your Mosque. Deny them access to your daughters. Make them no longer welcome in your communities

Good move.

You're guilty of the same thing the MSM and Trump critics are......taking a statement of of context.

You assume that talking about terrorists means we blame all Muslims. However, there are the guilty through violence and the guilty through passive support. 10% of all Muslims are radicalized. But if you ask any Muslim about the subject, a massive number of them are supportive of terrorism. Only a minority of them are strongly against it.

You're guilty of the same thing the MSM and Trump critics are......taking a statement of of context.

You assume that talking about terrorists means we blame all Muslims. However, there are the guilty through violence and the guilty through passive support. 10% of all Muslims are radicalized. But if you ask any Muslim about the subject, a massive number of them are supportive of terrorism. Only a minority of them are strongly against it.
I'd be interested in a copy of those polls.
Do they separate out Muslims from countries that have and haven't been attacked by The West for example?
I wonder if Indonesian Muslims, for example, might feel more or less positively towards The West than...oh. I don't know...Yemenis for example.

Forum List

Back